Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Map/Tree needs a rival

Buck Testa

Ever since the Map has been introduced into the show, it has been the omnipotent answer to all of the mane sixes problems. It tells them where to go and who to send, and they follow those orders unquestioningly. They do not know what they need to do when they get there, but the Map knows what is going to happen while they are there. It even gives them a signal when they've completed their job so they know they can come back home for more orders. Not even threats like the Pony of Shadows, that were required to be locked up by the likes of Starswirl and his band are of much concern to this thing. It knows where everyone is supposed to be and what conversations need to take place to solve the problem. 

The Map needs something it can't predict. An enemy of equal power that it cannot out think, that will require the mane six to actually try. Otherwise there will be no tension ever again.

It could be a Tree of Disharmony, or some other type of structure that similarly doesn't talk but manipulates its subjects. It would move it's pawns into place, the Map will move the mane six to counter. It would basically be a chess match of gods with our main characters being the pieces. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 3

A dark entity that would be able to match harmony and exert its influence over the land via empowered minions directed by its wordless whispers. Its "rainbow" would devour color and destiny.

And if one would truly want to screw things up make the Dark Thing and its minions able to befriend each other without the constraints of unnecessary tragic past and redundant selfish nature. Then the fight becomes a true clash of ideas that cannot be resolved by befriending as friendship is not the thing the opposition lacks. It's only through this that one could force our glorious writers to make the dark side truly equal it its ability to harmony within FIM as F must always be the greatest M.

The Pony of Shadows was that, but it didn't gain enough power to be a true threat.

I believe the Darkness will return and we will learn just how powerful it is. Imagine what a marvel it would be to see the PoS at it's prime shatter an Element of Harmony

Of course, you are thinking more of an equal as in, instead of a Tree of Harmony, a Rock of mega evil or something.

It could be interesting for sure.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

I suggested this before, manipulate the elements of harmony to force a compulsion effect which would push the Mane 6 to lose self-control and be overwhelmed by the nature of their element.

Edited by Singe

Considering that we have just recently found out who the original founders of the Elements were (this shows us that the show itself is willing to explore more deeply into the history of the elements, making my next theory possible), I'll say it's possible that some kind of Anti-Elements exist somewhere in Equestria that could evenly match the power of the mane sixes elements, and therefore the tree and map too. I would say this would only happen as a season opener or finale, or as some kind of conflict that starts at the beginning of the season and is resolved in the season's finale.