Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Married...with Changelings? *RP Event?*

Faeriefalls

I want to help build and plan a small RP event. I used to rp all the time on old mlp forums, and by old I mean pre-G4. The world-building was vastly different, mostly because it was based loosely around G1 and a lot wasn't canon. I want there to be prizes, which will involve artwork (by me) of your character/s that participate within the roleplay, both story-line tableau's and character sheets depending on whatever is more desired.

Vague premise is based around the events after the Changeling race has been 'freed' (yes, I did binge watch the show). The Changeling society has been put in the spotlight, and not everypony across Equestria seems convinced - after all, they caused so much pain in the past. Of course, there were always Changelings in hiding. When the Changeling horde attacked Canterlot, most of them fled as subtly as possible, under the cloak of normal, fearful ponies seeking refuge. Sabina and Pirr Honeyfur were among these ponies. Pirr had urged Sabina to flee to a nearby town when the attack loomed, and she agreed. Pirr feared she would learn his true identity, and he was right considering the spell Shining Armour cast across the kingdom. His earth Pony form would have disintegrated, and his life he built with her lost. 

Sabina knew all along that Pirr Honeyfur was a Changeling. You couldn't really miss it once you knew what you were looking for. The excuses behind his odd behaviour were vast and creative, but ultimately short-lived. 

"I'm a magical scholar," Sabina had said to him as he finally confessed. "Of course I knew."

Pirr had acted a little aghast by the revelation his guise was over, but it soon transcended to relief. He kept his pony form though, proclaiming the state was actually more comfortable. He admitted, in earnest, that he was mostly afraid of seeing himself for what he truly was. Sabina agreed to keep his secret, in exchange for his calm concerning another. He anxiously agreed. 

Sabina shifted nervously on her feet. 

"Pirr, we're going to have foals."

As Sabina and Pirr Honeyfur embrace their new lives as Changeling parents, they are surprised to see their foals inhabit Pirr's original, parasitic state - unlike he, who like the other Changelings, had blossomed into his new Changeling form shortly after he was liberated from his painful secret. Sabina is determined to learn more about the Changeling race, and after finding a single passage in one of her tomes about the Changelings eons ago, is convinced historic ruins are hidden somewhere within the deepest parts of the Everfree Forest. She is sure that these ruins hold more secrets about her foals, and their ability to transform. 

Does this sound like a not horrible rp? I've rp'd a lot before, but only hosted maybe 2. Also, I know the FiM lore a LOT less. Would love your input!

• Brohoof 2

I think it sounds really interesting :00

Would the main premise of the story be more about an investigation into the ruins in Everfree? Or more of a slice-of-life type setting?

Possibly both?

and how would this correlate into an event?

also it's fine to not be super detailed with the lore. I'm not as well versed in it either but 

the point of an rp is to just have fun and make it your own so :P 

• Brohoof 1

@Witch

Having a Changeling OC myself, I would love to play with you! 

As for the Changeling foals looking like the old scary-looking ones, I believe ALL Changelings start out like that THEN transform into their beautiful forms, given time and love. 

It's like a caterpillar spending its early life looking ugly before becoming a beautiful butterfly. Got it?

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

@Witch

You said you don't know a lot about Friendship is Magic lore, right?

Well, tell me this: Did you at least seen all the episodes involving Changelings?

(Season 2)A Canterlot Wedding part 1&2

(S5) Cutie-Remark Pt. 2 (cameo)

(S6)Times They Are a Changeling

(S6)To Where and Back Again pt.1&2

(S7) Celestial Advice  (background talk)

(S7) Triple Threat (Thorax, Leader of the Changelings plays a major part)

(S7) To Change a Changeling

You should watch these episodes if you can to get a feel for how Changelings work in the show, though don't be afraid to make some stuff up if it will make the RP more fun, ok?

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, BlackShardNixium said:

I think it sounds really interesting :00

Would the main premise of the story be more about an investigation into the ruins in Everfree? Or more of a slice-of-life type setting?

Possibly both?

and how would this correlate into an event?

also it's fine to not be super detailed with the lore. I'm not as well versed in it either but 

the point of an rp is to just have fun and make it your own so :P 

I would say both. The main plot will revolve around the everfree ruins and the slice of life will happen accordingly. 

And event will probably mean to involve certain challenges within the storyline. My OCs will almost certainly be excluded from that in terms of fairness, meaning if other characters (for example) solve a riddle or puzzle, they may be awarded something in the form of art - but that’s why I need to see if it will work first! I’d love to give out character art and such for participating! We could have fun titles for our OCs! Best Changeling Character Arc goes to ..!

4 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah this really does sound interesting! Maybe I'll figure something out for my OC Techno! :)

That would be awesome!

3 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Witch

Having a Changeling OC myself, I would love to play with you! 

As for the Changeling foals looking like the old scary-looking ones, I believe ALL Changelings start out like that THEN transform into their beautiful forms, given time and love. 

It's like a caterpillar spending its early life looking ugly before becoming a beautiful butterfly. Got it?

Yep that’s what I was envisioning which will definitely make for interesting character development! 

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Witch

You said you don't know a lot about Friendship is Magic lore, right?

Well, tell me this: Did you at least seen all the episodes involving Changelings?

(Season 2)A Canterlot Wedding part 1&2

(S5) Cutie-Remark Pt. 2 (cameo)

(S6)Times They Are a Changeling

(S6)To Where and Back Again pt.1&2

(S7) Celestial Advice  (background talk)

(S7) Triple Threat (Thorax, Leader of the Changelings plays a major part)

(S7) To Change a Changeling

You should watch these episodes if you can to get a feel for how Changelings work in the show, though don't be afraid to make some stuff up if it will make the RP more fun, ok?

Yep I binge watched the rest of the show on Netflix when I joined here! I just don’t want to forget anything that’s all! 

• Brohoof 1

Okay been figuring out some possible lore while I've been working!

Firstly, let me do some OC character building:

My Characters:

Sabina is a Crystal Pony who originally came from the Crystal Empire, inheriting an old family trait which included an affinity for the mystical arts as well as rare, moving cutie marks that took on not only an abstract entity as their ponies' destiny markers, but as conscious entities to which their ponies' were able to interact with (similar to a Familiar). Sabina's family is the only documented lineage of ponies in existence to have this special cutie mark, although many of the tomes surrounding this unusual phenomenon have been lost. This is a fact that bothers her, although she enjoys her cutie marks company. 

Pirr Honeyfur is a reformed Changeling, although he didn't transform until after Thorax freed the Changeling Horde and became their leader. Before that, he lived in the Crystal Empire after stumbling onto it as a colt, and discovering he didn't want to feed off of other ponies' love. His pony form was originally the exact copy of a stallion he had spied on his travels, but soon he began taking his favourite parts of several ponies and mixing them into his identity. This way, he avoided suspicion and had a sense of self again. He resented being a Changeling, until he met and married Sabina. His pony form is a light blue Earth pony with honey coloured hair and grey eyes. He has a dark blue nose and legs, that fade into the rest of his body, as well as a single white blaze. His Changeling form is similar, in that he is light blue with dark blue and honey accents. Pirr is self conscious and a gentle giant, even in his Changeling form. He often looks intimidating, but isn't most of the time. He becomes aggressive when angry or when he feels he needs to defend something he cares about. 

Setting:

The setting is The Crystal Empire, a few weeks after the events of the last episode of Season 7 of FiM. In the timeline, Sabina and Pirr have just had two foals, who they have named Faery Heart and Malachi Bright. The only problem is, both foals bear the forms of the original Changelings, feeding on the love of unsuspecting ponies against their will. Even with Pirr and Sabina's unconditional love, baby Changelings have proven far more difficult to transform than their transcended counterparts. Sabina and Pirr subsequently decide it best to move to a more remote home, in the mountains, after an incident involving one very upset library pony who Sabina had to cast a memory spell on! Unsure of how the Changeling leader would respond to this news of a rogue, Changeling family, they begin packing their belongings. This is the moment Sabina notices one of her old books containing some unreadable language, alongside old illustrations of temples. The only image she recognises is a huge, violet Changeling in the centre of the book's pages, surrounded by mystical symbols and even the Elements of Harmony. The difference is, this Changeling has transformed. 

"This isn't possible," Sabina says to Pirr in disbelief. "The Changeling Horde were always feeding on love before Thorax. Queen Chrysalis never referred to anything like this." 

Pirr leaned in closer, eyeing the book sceptically. "And this book was just lying around waiting to give us all the answers?" 

Sabina furrowed her brow, examining the book more closely. "It came from the Antique Store in Ponyville months ago, actually." she admitted. "I've been buying a couple mystery barrels of artefacts since I found out I was with foal. Mostly books though." she looked at Pirr and shrugged. "I gathered I'd have a lot of time to myself to read before we had the foals. Didn't exactly expect this is happen." 

Sabina drew a deep breath, as if waiting for the book to suddenly unravel all her questions and worries. Pirr continued to look at the book with doubt. 

"Maybe we should look into this?"

[Sorry I didn't intend to leave this post hanging. I got side tracked when I had some of my cc info stolen and it's been hectic getting my bank and ebay account on the same page and processing the money that was taken!]

• Brohoof 2

@Witch 

Were you still looking for players to come along? I have a changeling as well that would have a vested interest in investigating these ruins. Or perhaps you already have enough players? Just let me know and I'll provide some sort of quick character sheet! I've been looking for a good adventure to join instead of DM for a while now. 

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Witch 

Were you still looking for players to come along? I have a changeling as well that would have a vested interest in investigating these ruins. Or perhaps you already have enough players? Just let me know and I'll provide some sort of quick character sheet! I've been looking for a good adventure to join instead of DM for a while now. 

@GoldieS yes definitely. I'd love to have this be an open RP, because I love big rps. @WiiGuy2014, @Techno Universal and @BlackShardNixium are you guys still keen?

• Brohoof 2

@WiiGuy2014 I'd like to write up a draft sometime today for the actual rp, would you be interested in going over it for me and seeing if it both makes sense, and is, well, decent? :squee: Since I haven't RP'd in a while, I realise I'm probably a bit rusty. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Witch said:

@WiiGuy2014 I'd like to write up a draft sometime today for the actual rp, would you be interested in going over it for me and seeing if it both makes sense, and is, well, decent? :squee: Since I haven't RP'd in a while, I realise I'm probably a bit rusty. 

Since I lived in California of America, my bedtime is usually in 3 hours. But I would be glad to go over the draft as soon as I can.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Since I lived in California of America, my bedtime is usually in 3 hours. But I would be glad to go over the draft as soon as I can.

No rush, you can go over it tomorrow! I'd like the time to do a thorough job anyway! 

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Witch said:

Awesome! I'll spend this afternoon doing an rp draft then? I'd love to see what character/s you plan on using!

Ahh yes once you post the draft I'll come up with a way to have my OC Techno in this! So you can take a look at his character page as it's linked in my signature and also once you post the draft I'll be able to mess around with his powers and backstory so it fits in into the RP and nothing is too OP! :)

• Brohoof 1

On 21/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, Blacklight said:

@Witch

Hi, are you still looking for players? It's been a while since I've been in an rp and seeing your premise, I would love to join in with a new Changeling oc I'm making. 

4 hours ago, BlackShardNixium said:

HOO boy sorry I'm late

retail + Christmas holiday = 40 hour work week 

if you'll still have me I can send in the page I have for my character

HOOOO me too! :( I was Christmas host for my family this year, so I didnt expect the load of work I got! And now, I'm back to working almost full-time 7-5 days! I WILL be back soon though, and yes, still looking for players!