Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What cringing things have you done?

Mlp_fan101

So, there are so many things that I look back on and just cringe real bad and I feel like I’m the only one who does this so if you have any stories that you want to get out feel free to share here.

i’m pretty bad with speech and an overall awkward person to talk to because im always afraid of what people think. This one time not long ago I was talking with a guy and he said you know Oreo spelt backwards is Oreo right? And me not wanting to sound like an idiot said “yeah”... well I sounded like an idiot anyway:lie: then a few days later we were talking again and somehow got onto the subject of swearing in different languages and he asked me if I knew any Russian swear words and I said “yeah, ‘the name of my friend’ told me some” but my friend is actually German so he was like “isn’t she German” and I straight out said “well I stuffed that up” . This guy must think I’m Such an idiot and i can’t help but cringe when I think of it:adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

There are so many cringy things I've done in the past and they occasionally haunt me. But the most embarrassing thing was probably the way I generally behaved on the internet during the years 2010-2015. I think I'm going to see everything I've done as embarrassing once a few years have passed but 2013 was very likely the worst. I tended to seek attention by creating overly long, whiny posts on a certain forum; to the point where a few people commented about me constantly whining about things since I definitely did it a lot.

I once called out a transgender girl who was really a boy and everyone hated me for it.
(18+ cringe, Subject matter ends here) 

Being around my old brony friends now makes me feel like starshine glimmer when she went back to her old village for first time, Except I never been back yet to visit them since :( Am too scared to do it. 

b1c.gif

I really do feel attached to starlight now the more I think about it

Edited by meck-can-ik pony
  • Brohoof 1

When I took an asthma spray and abused it when I was a kid. Felt weird all of a sudden. Like I was tripping out. Laughed like a maniac, got naked, and start touching myself. Yeah *cringe intensifies*.

Kids, don’t be like me and don’t abuse your asthma spray. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I cringe at some YT videos I've uploaded before, it's been so bad I've taken down some of them. 

I also cringe when I remember awkward things I've said in the past. Oh and I cringe sometimes at my romance fantasies that play out in my head when I'm bored. 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I cringe at some YT videos I've uploaded before, it's been so bad I've taken down some of them.

This post reminded about my own old animations I uploaded on Youtube for the whole world to see. :lie: Needless to say they were (or are since they're still there) rushed and didn't make much sense. Back then I was surprised about getting dislikes but now it's not at all surprising anymore.

Oh my goodness, there are so many things I could talk about. Like some people have already said, just looking back on my old behavior when I was a bit younger is bad enough that I just feel like my intestines are shrivelling. Pretty often I'll also look back on just random things that I have said or sometimes misunderstood and just feel terrible about it. I really wonder if everyone I've ever talked to in real life sees me as an idiot. :P

• Brohoof 1

One cringe thing I did was my first oc. I don't really want to talk about personal cringe stuff. That I remember, The only cringe things I used to do were my creations 0-0

My first oc was a Sonic oc and her name was Kukiku the Hedgehog. She had this ice power and was an all white hedgehog. She wore an all white dress to her feet and her eyes was crystal blue. She was heir princess on her planet Freon. She did not know much english and she was really powerful and Sonic fell in love with her.

Oh gosh was that really cringe worthy. Not as bad as other Mary Sue's but man, that was bad. Things got better as I learned how not to make a Mary Sue, but she still was bad. I ended up re doing her completely changing everything about her. She's way better now, but man, did that bring the start of cringe characters.

• Brohoof 2

The dumbest moment is back at high, when it was like 2 am and I was trolling with this person on the internet. Note to self, never do it again.ever. Although part of it was that he was asking for it... but yeh it's still dumb and immature of me.

• Brohoof 1

I have a tendency to sometimes just blurt stuff out or make just sounds to myself or just randomly sing (not a lot but like a few words or lines) and so with that in mind there have been a few moments where I wouldn't realize someone was around and just blurt out like super loud and random lyrics and it was just like super embarrassing.

Oh also when I was working a dinner rush I picked a cup up off a tray and immediately catapulted the other 3 into the floor thus shattering them in front of everyone and I just kinda whimpered in front of a bunch of people

Edited by Aveon
To have something good for topic

I was singing at a charity function for elderly care, and when I had a solo my voice cracked really bad and it trashed the whole song. Everyone was really embarrassed for me and the gasps I heard from the audience didn't help. After that I got pissed and belted out the finale like I had nothing to lose, but the damage was already done. 

• Brohoof 2

Gee, I can't think of any cringe-inducing things I might have done in my childhood. I know I must have done at least some in my childhood, but I guess since I'm such an introvert, I never made at least acquaintance with other people. Outside my family, school teachers, therapists, and one or two friends, I don't have many people to get an "Uggh, stop doing that; it makes me cringe" response out of their mouths. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. What do you guys think of my answer?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Narcissus said:

I was singing at a charity function for elderly care, and when I had a solo my voice cracked really bad and it trashed the whole song. Everyone was really embarrassed for me and the gasps I heard from the audience didn't help. After that I got pissed and belted out the finale like I had nothing to lose, but the damage was already done. 

I can understand the embarrassment of mucking up in solo performances as I am a dancer but I’m glad you didn’t give up and partially redeemed yourself at the end:smug: at least it wasn’t your fault your voice cracked, once I was performing when I was little and we were all skipping faward on stage with flower baskets and I tripped and did a fullon dive down the stage and my flowers went everywhere:D luckily I was young and can laugh about it now

3 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Gee, I can't think of any cringe-inducing things I might have done in my childhood. I know I must have done at least some in my childhood, but I guess since I'm such an introvert, I never made at least acquaintance with other people. Outside my family, school teachers, therapists, and one or two friends, I don't have many people to get an "Uggh, stop doing that; it makes me cringe" response out of their mouths. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. What do you guys think of my answer?

I think your lucky because I try and put myself out there as much as possible and that means I usually have at least one embarrassing thing a day which usually keeps me up at night which can’t be healthy:D

3 minutes ago, Mlp_fan101 said:

I think your lucky because I try and put myself out there as much as possible and that means I usually have at least one embarrassing thing a day which usually keeps me up at night which can’t be healthy:D

Unfortunately, just now I found my cringing moment: Starting a Show Discussion topic that led to insults and uncivil debate. So much so that an Admin had to step in and remind people to stay on topic and be civil.

I'm going to need some time to recover. Hours to maybe days; it depends on my mood.

• Brohoof 1

I've let a few, ahem, "Prospisms" slip from my mouth before. Like Freudian slips that were totally not awkward around family. :lol: And when my anxiety is acting up sometimes I just completely say the wrong thing and it's extremely awkward.

Also, I was just a weird kid growing up. And I was the kid with misfit friends when I was lucky enough to make any. Actually, I'm still a misfit who hangs out with misfits. That enough probably makes people cringe on the inside when they see the dorks who I spend time with. I've gotten so used to people who would traditionally be considered cringey that it has become harder and harder to actually make me cringe. :huh: And you know what? I still adore these people.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Unfortunately, just now I found my cringing moment: Starting a Show Discussion topic that led to insults and uncivil debate. So much so that an Admin had to step in and remind people to stay on topic and be civil.

I'm going to need some time to recover. Hours to maybe days; it depends on my mood.

But to be fair it must ave been a interesting topic

11 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I've let a few, ahem, "Prospisms" slip from my mouth before. Like Freudian slips that were totally not awkward around family. :lol: And when my anxiety is acting up sometimes I just completely say the wrong thing and it's extremely awkward.

Also, I was just a weird kid growing up. And I was the kid with misfit friends when I was lucky enough to make any. Actually, I'm still a misfit who hangs out with misfits. That enough probably makes people cringe on the inside when they see the dorks who I spend time with. I've gotten so used to people who would traditionally be considered cringey that it has become harder and harder to actually make me cringe. :huh: And you know what? I still adore these people.

Trust me I’m an expert on saying the wrong and most awkward things:D but I’m happy that you’ve found some awesome sounding friends that you can be yourself around:) 

16 hours ago, luftschloss said:

Oh my goodness, there are so many things I could talk about. Like some people have already said, just looking back on my old behavior when I was a bit younger is bad enough that I just feel like my intestines are shrivelling. Pretty often I'll also look back on just random things that I have said or sometimes misunderstood and just feel terrible about it. I really wonder if everyone I've ever talked to in real life sees me as an idiot. :P

I know what you mean, I was such an oblivious kid and I made so many terrible and embarrassing mistakes that looking back on  I regret deeply:lie: and I’m sure you’re being too hard on yourself and I can guarantee you’re way better than me at talking to people:D

17 hours ago, meck-can-ik pony said:

I once called out a transgender girl who was really a boy and everyone hated me for it.
(18+ cringe, Subject matter ends here) 

Being around my old brony friends now makes me feel like starshine glimmer when she went back to her old village for first time, Except I never been back yet to visit them since :( Am too scared to do it. 

Don’t worry I feel your pain, last year I had a fight with a friend and I was so sure she was in the wrong that I yelled at her in front of the whole class but no one knew what we were fighting about so they immediately felt sorry for her and took her side so a lot of the class hated me the whole year and I didn’t know how to make it better. She went over seas for half the year which gave me time to come to my senses and when she got back we made up and now we’re best friends and so everyone forgave me:fluttershy: I’m sure if you did visit you’re old friends then they won’t even remember what you did and even if they do they can’t hold it against you because everyone deserves a second chance and you’ve probably changed since then and so have they, after all starlight glimmer changed which is a great example of how it will probably turn out:)

• Brohoof 2

Somehow, somehow I came across some random Dilbert comic strip that I commented on in 2010 when I was only 12 or 13 and it was the cringiest thing. Calling a guy a "no life loser" for never playing a Mario game of all things. 

Just my general thought process as a kid was really cringy and haunts me from time to time. I was so scared that my friend was gonna kill herself after we had a single argument and was shocked to see she didn't really care about the fight the next day. Oh and needless to say my Sonic role-plays and OCs I had back in the day where pretty bad. I remember one RP/Sonic LARP I had with my friend that was about Sonic's twin brother who Eggman killed and was reincarnated as Shadow, and also his best friend, Maxwell the Hedgehog who was actually Amy's long-lost older brother. 

Childhood was weird in retrospect. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

On 12/8/2017 at 1:37 AM, Prospekt said:

I suppose I should add:

I started watching a certain kids cartoon with colorful talking ponies.

I've played (and continue to adore) Undertale, which is well-known for its fandom that can't take criticism without being offended. Same thing with watching Steven Universe. Same thing with watching Voltron: Legendary Defender, whose fandom turned toxic over shipping. Same thing with playing Minecraft (which got bad enough that even I finally quit online play).

And finally... I listen to Coldplay and Nickelback. :nom:

• Brohoof 2

On 12/7/2017 at 0:15 PM, Sketchy Tune said:

One cringe thing I did was my first oc. I don't really want to talk about personal cringe stuff. That I remember, The only cringe things I used to do were my creations 0-0

My first oc was a Sonic oc and her name was Kukiku the Hedgehog. She had this ice power and was an all white hedgehog. She wore an all white dress to her feet and her eyes was crystal blue. She was heir princess on her planet Freon. 

Thats not awful,  it's cooler then some of the stuff in the official sonic comic. Planet Freon is a really cool name for an ice planet also. Do you play sonic forces?

Edited by Cherry-Pie
  • Brohoof 2