Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How strong are the princesses?

KillerKingBakudan

6 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

No, they are very strong. Tirek in terms of scaling magical power would be nearing multi solar system levels of AP, or at least multi Star. The show doesn't show it to that degree because it's a show.

Unless you mean physical strength and now power...like the thread was wanted. In that case they are not scallable.

Discord was reality bending and dimension creating feats, he can be universal.

I am not convinced. Those titles should be reserved for beings that can blot out the stars and destroy entire worlds, not some clowns amped on magic juice and wee bit of chaos that can't even defeat some little girls with zero brains and no metal fortitude whatsoever. Tirek's aoe and penetration are shit as is his magic repertoire. He's just a walking mana pool. And Discord isn't really doing anything that spectacular. Sure he opened some portals and made some silly stuff, but that's not out of reach of powerful unicorns, is it now. He's not a chaos god. He's a chaos spirit. He couldn't even crush one world under his influence like say Nicol Bolas or destroy a universe like Bill Cipher. Show me the power and I will believe.

... Then again, if our glorious writers confirmed their power I'd still not believe. They'd just be telling for the sake of making it stink less. I don't give a shit for their verbal lore. They'll move on and so will their opinion.

7 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I am not convinced. Those titles should be reserved for beings that can blot out the stars and destroy entire worlds, not some clowns amped on magic juice and wee bit of chaos that can't even defeat some little girls with zero brains and no metal fortitude whatsoever. Tirek's aoe and penetration are shit as is his magic repertoire. He's just a walking mana pool. And Discord isn't really doing anything that spectacular. Sure he opened some portals and made some silly stuff, but that's not out of reach of powerful unicorns, is it now. He's not a chaos god. He's a chaos spirit. He couldn't even crush one world under his influence like say Nicol Bolas or destroy a universe like Bill Cipher. Show me the power and I will believe.

... Then again, if our glorious writers confirmed their power I'd still not believe. They'd just be telling for the sake of making it stink less. I don't give a shit for their verbal lore. They'll move on and so will their opinion.

Sounds like you have a set mind that will not change period. In that case there is no reason to talk to you.

17 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

I'm not asking about magical power. This is about strength in terms of weightlifting ability and raw bucking power. With their hooves.

I was thinking more of her ability to take a blast. IIRC, she got blasted into mountains & got back up. IMO, the ability to take a licking and keep on ticking shows strength, or at least endurance.

Just now, sweetolebob18 said:

I was thinking more of her ability to take a blast. IIRC, she got blasted into mountains & got back up. IMO, the ability to take a licking and keep on ticking shows strength, or at least endurance.

She used force fields to protect herself, so that doesn't count towards strength or endurance. Only mental endurance at best.

3 hours ago, Kadeda said:

Sounds like you have a set mind that will not change period. In that case there is no reason to talk to you.

Denouncing lazy worldbuilding via social media is not a set mind, it's having standards. I do admit that my statement wasn't clear enough. If they sufficiently explained it in show or books then I'd be happy to accept it. If you want to be mad on me be mad on my complete lack of faith in their ability and incentive to do that. We must also keep in mind that no lore in FIM is set in stone.

IMO, the writers pay little, if any, attention to continuity or consistency. IDK that it's ever been specified what Earth Pony magic even is. (Well, maybe in the comics, IDK).  Applejack's ability to kick a tree & have all the ripe apples fall into baskets (&, apparently, none of the unripe ones) is DEFINITELY magic. Other than that, no clue. For Earth Pony strength, the Iron Pony completion from Fall Weather Friends (S1 E13) (tried for just the arm wrestling & couldn't find it)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=arm+Wrestling+My+Little+Pony&&view=detail&mid=7FF96BA5F21FC93CAF357FF96BA5F21FC93CAF35&FORM=VRDGAR

No consistency. Dash beat AJ at arm wrestling & logically, AJ should have cleaned her clock if Earth Ponies are magically strong.

6 hours ago, sweetolebob18 said:

No consistency. Dash beat AJ at arm wrestling & logically, AJ should have cleaned her clock if Earth Ponies are magically strong.

Pegasus on screen have been shown to do physical training but I would have to say technique was the factor for the win as she's trained to maximize every aspect of her physical abilities.

Edited by Singe

• 4 years later...