Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestron

Steve Piranha

I’m totally down for robot ponies. But I think it’s going to require some story gimmick like the Power Ponies did. After all, Equestria has been shown to have electronic technology and machines, but nothing on the level of straight up sci-fi level robots.

I could see a couple different results:

The characters travel into the future and we see Equestria with a futuristic tech level.

Alternatively the robots will be in current day Equestria, but will steampunk or magitech based.

• Brohoof 2

Oh....and here I thought this was a thread on the Everything Right/Wrong With videos guy and his Transformer crossovers.

As for robots in Equestria, as long as this technology doesn't just come out of nowhere (We could have an underground factory, discovered by the Diamond Dogs, that built pony robots called POs built by an old alicorn now cyborg named Poe). Also they better have Transformer sounds or else Hasbro has let us down:(

Equestria + Cybertron = Equestron. Maybe that Transformers crossover can finally happen?

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 2

The technology level of Equestria is confusing enough as is, and now we're adding Robots to it? Neat! 

Honestly, I stopped caring about pony lore/world consistency a while ago, so while adding robots is totally ridiculous and perilously close to shark-jumping, it also sounds kinda fun. If this appears in the show, I sure hope it's totally goofy and ridiculous, because how could it not be? 

The question is, considering the time that was patented: did Hasbro decided to abandon the idea? Something similar happened with Guardians of Harmony: they've filed a patent, and months later, the reveal. This is NOT happening with Equestron, and it faded into obscurity, with this little reminder close to a year later. HOWEVER, it's not necessarily because it was abandoned, it's probably just due to this years' circumstances, specifically: the pony movie. For that, this year was not meant for Equestron, but since the momentum of the pony movie is fading, we may see some robo-horses soon

On 12/11/2017 at 10:56 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Hi, I want to remind you of a patent Hasbro filed almost a year ago: Equestron. So it may be something that we could be looking forward to 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/12/updated-are-official-pony-robots-on-way.html

The EQD article lists a minutia that " Update: looks like Hasbro filed more listings for MININAUTS at the same time, probably pointing this toward something to do with that, and not pony."

So take that with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

The EQD article lists a minutia that " Update: looks like Hasbro filed more listings for MININAUTS at the same time, probably pointing this toward something to do with that, and not pony."

So take that with a grain of salt.

That may be true, but it's also possible for Hasbro to file two patents at once

On 12/12/2017 at 11:04 AM, AlexanderThrond said:

The technology level of Equestria is confusing enough as is, and now we're adding Robots to it? Neat! 

Honestly, I stopped caring about pony lore/world consistency a while ago, so while adding robots is totally ridiculous and perilously close to shark-jumping, it also sounds kinda fun. If this appears in the show, I sure hope it's totally goofy and ridiculous, because how could it not be? 

The number of times people have claimed this show has jumped the shark renders that phrase kind of meaningless at this point. But yeah, robots are pretty out there.

29 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

The number of times people have claimed this show has jumped the shark renders that phrase kind of meaningless at this point. But yeah, robots are pretty out there.

The show has made a few weird decisions in it’s run, and I personally feel it’s far past its creative prime, but nothing has been this outlandish.

19 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

But FiM DID jump the shark. Just at this part of Slice of Life yo

large.jpg

Well, one thing is true, it'll make no sense for FiM to do an hypothetical episode with robot ponies judging by their technology. HOWEVER, Sunny has an interest  in software, as she clearly likes videogames, and she expressed interest to develop apps in a book, so she could make a videogame with robot ponies inspired in Equestria. OR, human Twi start making robot ponies :D (I mean, she already made a robo dog :dash: ) 

I am amused. 

This has nothing to do with MLP. Equestron is connected to Micronauts, a property Hasbro is in the process of bringing back. 

equestron.jpg

It's actually the name of one of the original toys that was never released. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

I am amused. 

This has nothing to do with MLP. Equestron is connected to Micronauts, a property Hasbro is in the process of bringing back. 

equestron.jpg

It's actually the name of one of the original toys that was never released. 

LOL, you're right, I've just seen the commercial for that guy :D