Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ways the movie DIDN'T disappoint you?

Luna the Great of all the Russias

I liked the songs Dare To Be Awesome and Open Up Your Eyes, as well as the moment where Twilight gets incredibly pissed off at her friends, especially because of the her horn is sparking when she loses it. It's probably the most threatening she's ever been.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, Trixie_Coolamoon said:

I quite liked the art style and the music. The art style truly captured the feel of MLP and the music was great, with songs perfectly placed here and there. Capper's song and Tempest's song were two of my favorite songs throughout the entirety of MLP. (Also Sia being in the movie was cool)

I know, I was hoping that animation can be used, or atleast something similar to it, in future projects of MLP.

• 2 weeks later...

Additional new content and expanded lore. Also, some more ideas about Capper (as a cat) and Tempest (as a pretty pony fireworks horse).

(Art by https://seahawk270.deviantart.com/art/Tempest-Shadow-705072331: her posture looks like those stock vectors of Princess Celestia, so that is why I always call her, "Pretty Pretty Tempest".)

1538433__safe_artist-colon-seahawk270_tempest+shadow_my+little+pony-colon-+the+movie_spoiler-colon-my+little+pony+movie_armor_broken+horn_female_happy_.png

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

I thought it was great. Just watched it today and haven't read any criticisms yet. The only thing I heard is that it woyuld appeal more to dedicated MLP fans, so I was expecting to not be as into it as I'm more of a casual fan. 

Two things stood out that I really liked... SPOILERS though:

Spoiler

1) Twilight Sparkle made a genuinely ugly mistake. Too often in cartoons, the protagonist makes a mistake, but they play it up to be worse than it is. I like that this was actually pretty bad. Made sense that she would make such an error given the amount of pressure she's been under.

2) The fact that Tempest didn't magically get a horn in the end. Maybe it's just me having a disability IRL, but I find characers like her relatable and lots of shows will just fix a character's physical flaws in the end. I liked how they didn't do that, they showed that she can still go on the way she is. 

Edited by Solar-Wind

I loved Tempest as a villain, not so much with her reformed. 

We got to see more places outside Equestria.

The animation made the ponies absolutely adorable.

It is the birthplace of my OTP.

The most obvious couple that doesn't outright state itself: Capper x Rarity

The music was at most good.