Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Has Anyone Here Played Doki Doki Literature Club? (Includes Character Poll)

Octavia_Melody2

Has Anyone Here Played Doki Doki Literature Club? (Includes Character Poll)  

5 users have voted

1. 1. Who is favorite character/best girl?

• Natsuki
    • Monika
    • Yuri
    • Sayori

DDLC is an American-made "anime" dating sim (where anon guy tries to romance cartoon girls), but it's also one of the better ones I've played. The writing is really funny and clever, somewhat MLP-like. In fact, even though there's only four girls, they remind me alot of the Mane Six. The game drags at first, but it gets pretty story heavy later on. Also, there are major spoilers floating around online so it's best to play it flying blind to get the full effect. Even if you're not into anime or dating sims, it's still pretty funny, downright hysterical at times. Also, if you're worried about inappropriate content, it's pretty PG-13. No sex/nudity, etc. You can actually download it for free but I'm not gonna post the link here cause reasons.

Minor spoilers below:

Spoiler

So I had DDLC spoiled before I even played it because of the KYM article, so nothing was a particular shock. In fact, I found the first run through really boring. The concept and writing was great but I wish they cut out some of the "traditional" first run and maybe had some more alternate endings. Like maybe each girl gets their own "win" where they take over and delete the others. I know she's a big hit with the fans, but I despised Monika and not just for deleting the other girls but if you don't delete her then she goes on an endless  nihilistic rant about different topics and every one of her opinions angered or offended me. In contrast, I liked Yuri the most because I thought she had the cutest personality (and looks) and I felt sorry for her when she completely went off the deep end.

• 2 weeks later...