Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first and second attempt to draw a pony

SprinklePinguin

So I tried to draw a pony lol. Note that none of them is really finished. They are merely a practice. 

Yesterday I tried WITHOUT reference. I wanted to see how good I remembered the shapes and I wondered how close I could get to the actual thing. So this is what I got.
25152279_1530605883702607_2456392358123589609_n.jpg.91d608c6234d820ce4b577f36deea0b3.jpg

Today however, I used some official art of Rarity to draw my pony. I did the lineart with a vector. But it turned out.... Meh. 
tests.thumb.png.feaf207aaa807daf8cdb4731aef3cad6.png

I will prolly redo it in Clip Studio and just line art with free hand. 

Please pray for me. 

• Brohoof 9

1 minute ago, The Cerberus said:

Those are your first and second attempts :blink: Those are pretty good if that the case, my first attempts look like 4 year old's drawing compared to that. :please:

@The Cerberus Aah thank you! Well the thing is... I do draw on daily base, just not ponies. And lines are lines I guess? XD

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cyberkiyo said:

@The Cerberus Aah thank you! Well the thing is... I do draw on daily base, just not ponies. And lines are lines I guess? XD

:D Probably, and that experience could help you to create your own pony-style, it's not bad if they don't look exactly in the show, I actually like the first one a lot. 

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Hey that first freehand one is pretty good. The legs just need to be touched up a bit!!

Thanks! Good that you mention the legs. I thought the eyes were the biggest problem.

Just now, The Cerberus said:

:D Probably, and that experience could help you to create your own pony-style, it's not bad if they don't look exactly in the show, I actually like the first one a lot. 

That's my goal indeed. But first I want to play for copy-cat because of the anatomy. Then I can add my own colouring style, and other details. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Cyberkiyo said:

Thanks! Good that you mention the legs. I thought the eyes were the biggest problem.

Nah. They’re smaller unlike the show models, but it doesn’t look wrong in your style.

• Brohoof 1

Aw I like your style. Has your character a name yet or are you still working on it? And to tell the truth I suck at the show style and my style makes them look like weird anime horses. But I think you did a great job :3

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Alpakachii said:

Aw I like your style. Has your character a name yet or are you still working on it? And to tell the truth I suck at the show style and my style makes them look like weird anime horses. But I think you did a great job :3

Yes the has a name! It's Syntheia. She just doesn't have a cutie mark yet. I want to wait until I found the perfect one. 
My pony OC is also the girl in my icon. She started as an antro pastel-goth OC who is the lead singer of a intergalactic space Idol group. If that makes sense xD She was ment to be an UTAUloid (diy vocaloid). But I decided to make her into a pony.

Anime horses are cool too tho ;;;

• Brohoof 1

Fantastic first attempts, I'd say. The very first one could help you configuring a style of your own, since it is quite lovely on itself. Great job!

• Brohoof 1