Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you react to Twilicorn

Moonstarleader101

I was a bit worried about it, but that was because I was influenced and cared too much about fandom opinions at the time.

However, I really enjoyed the episode, and Twilight's coronation speech is one of my favorite scenes from the entire show.

• Brohoof 3

My first episode was from Season 4, so I knew the transformation would happen at some point. It didn't really disappoint me or take me by surprise when I reached the end of Season 3 after starting the series from the beginning.

• Brohoof 3

I was skeptical. It was announced via an employee leak and this was the pic:

Image result for twilicorn

I was not convinced.

But then the whole episode leaked intentionally a month or so before and people lost their collective shiznit. 

I was... cautiously optimistic. It didn't make me want to watch the show less. It didn't make me dislike Twilight more. Just wasn't sure what to expect.

if anything, I was more dissapointed about the surprise being spoiled so soon. I think it would've been handled more warmly had Hasbro kept it under wraps till air time. 

• Brohoof 3

Mostly a combination of two feelings: Happiness for the character and a shitload of worry. The worry I had wasn't about her not being the same, it was extreme anxiety over DHX ever backing out on her being a princess. It was something I never wanted to happen, them backing out, and I still have some worries here and there, but that's just me being paranoid. I know some people still aren't happy about her being a princess or they say she isn't as good now, but i love her being a princess and always have from day 1, hence my passion, and the aforementioned worry I had. I legit at some finales and premieres after season 3, I was so stressed to the point of being near sick since finales and premieres are where big changes can happen, but looking back my worry was over nothing. Like some people know, I have crippling anxiety, there's an example.

I wonder if anyone else ever had that problem like me. I feel like I was one of the only people worried about that specific thing and worried to that extent. I still have that worry from time to time, and I guess it would help to know I am not the only one, it could help quell that needless anxiety.

• Brohoof 1

I didn’t have any problem with the Alicorn part of Twilicorn. I loved MMC when it released, and it remains a favorite to this day. The princess part was another matter entirely, I was worried it was going to just be another marketing decision that never went anywhere or greatly affected Twilight’s character, you know, like Disney Princesses. Being a leader and ruler is a massive responsibility, and I wasn’t sure how if we were ever going to see that.

And with the exception of one quick scene in the season four premier, my concerns were pretty well founded. A Princess asks you for your cab? Tell her to get lost. Got a big national event coming up that could get her used to the spotlight and making big judgement calls? Better make her a cheerleader instead. (Seriously, why though?) Season four did it’s best to ignore her ascension, only bringing it up when the plot demanded it. They may have addressed this in the finale, but by that time I’d lost interest in the show.

Cut forward a couple of years, and watching season five finaly gave me what I had wanted for her. She’s introduced as a princess in the premier, Starlight even wants to use her position to further her goals. She takes a stab at diplomacy, organizes national events, Twilight finaly acts like the princess she was made and it felt so good to see that. Season five and seven made serious attempts to address and use her new role as Princess, and that’s a big reason those are my two favorite seasons.

• Brohoof 3

It didn't come as a shock to me at all. That's because I started watching the series years after the episode came out and read about the alicorn thing much before I saw the episode (the same also happened with "Crusaders of the Lost Mark"). :okiedokieloki: But I thought the scene where Twilight got wings was touching. It would probably have been even better if I hadn't known what to expect. The wings did look out of place to me for a while, but I got used to them quite fast.

• Brohoof 3

Considering I had only joined the Herd in April 2013 while the drama around was still fresh, I simply didn't get swept up by the Twicorn hate and was more curious about what direction the show would go.

Heck during Summer 2013 between S3 and S4, the early seeds of my potential fan fiction taking root in my mind had me thinking whether or not Twilight moved to Canterlot because she was now a Princess. Thankfully, she didn't have to, and she got to stay in Ponyville and the Golden Oak Library for one more season.

I was really excited! It was a character path and pov we'd never explored in the show, really. Most of MLP:FiM alicorns where kind of just 'there' and barely developed, after all.

Thought for a while I was really disappointed about the "princess" part of the equation, since at first she never did really anything all that royal. I will say, though in the later seasons I was pleasantly surprised to see her role as a royal of Equestria actually noticed and used throughout the show.

• Brohoof 1

I started watching the show after Twilight had already become a princess, so when I started watching episodes from season one up until she got her wings it obviously didn't really surprise me. It's not like she really changed a whole lot, sure she got some more responsibilities, and sure she can fly now, but really her core character or true self didn't really change at all, in fact I like her more now as an alicorn than I did when I was watching episodes from season one and two. 

• Brohoof 1