Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the MLP movie was written by bronies

Plonkett

1 minute ago, Ganondox said:

Depends on who writes it. It could either turn out better or worse. 

Isn't that how the movie turned out as it is?

Not really. I think that if it was up to the bronies, every single appreciated background character would've had a speaking role.

• Brohoof 5

1. No starlight, trixie, or discord.

2. Fizzlepop (Sounds like a soda) wouldnt have the character reformation

3. The show would be laced with underlying political messages (ive seen a few of those flying aeround)

4. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS EVERYWHERE.

5. Very wierd and not very kid friendly ideas and "things" the characters would do. (Thanks, fimfiction)

These are some ideas ive seen expressed by a few members.

• Brohoof 9

It would have sucked most likely. Instead of a, while not the masterpiece we hoped, but competent animated movie, we would probably have a movie with lots of fandom nods and fanservice :dry: 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Fennekin said:

1. No starlight, trixie, or discord.

2. Fizzlepop (Sounds like a soda) wouldnt have the character reformation

3. The show would be laced with underlying political messages (ive seen a few of those flying aeround)

4. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. ORIGINAL CHARACTERS EVERYWHERE.

5. Very wierd and not very kid friendly ideas and "things" the characters would do. (Thanks, fimfiction)

These are some ideas ive seen expressed by a few members.

Actually when you think about it, "Time to Be Awesome" could be interpreted as a push for the freedom of classic liberalism and the defiance of authoritarianism and dictatorship.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Shabb3r said:

Actually when you think about it, "Time to Be Awesome" could be interpreted as a push for the freedom of classic liberalism and the defiance of authoritarianism and dictatorship.

That is okay, but for people that cant stand real world politics (whats up) it could be annpying.

2 minutes ago, Fennekin said:

That is okay, but for people that cant stand real world politics (whats up) it could be annpying.

Again, it's back to individual interpretation. I loved the song, and only noticed that theoretical political connection after watching the scene like 5 times and listening closely :D

Edited by Shabb3r

1 minute ago, Shabb3r said:

Again, it's back to individual interpretation. I loved the song, and only noticed that theoretical political connection after watching the scene like 5 times and listening closely :D

Yeah, a majority is opinion based. I suppose. However, opinions (especially those of the political variety) dont exactlt result in harmenous conversatiom)

Let's see...

I think there would have been a number of disagreements as to what would be included within the movie..as it might get stuck in script and story writing.

As much I like to think that an MLP movie by the bronies would be a good idea, I cannot help but think that they would try too hard with what they were making or making it tailored specifically for the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Going by some the criticism made against the movie from this subforum, I think Brony involvement would be an improvement specifically in the way that perhaps the timeline of the Movie would have made more sense in the MLPFIM universe and that characters would be more evenly represented.

However, if we're talking about significantly changing the plot of the movie, I would be far less confident to leave that power to the fandom. One, it highly depends on the level of skill of said writers; I'm not at all a regular reader of fan fiction but I assume there are some very talented writers but a vast majority of unskilled writers. There isn't just the concern for the quality of the story, but also whether said writers would make very disagreeable changes to canon (such as making their OC canon and being the lover of a major character), excessive references/fanservice/etc.

In short, despite some of the criticisms I have towards the movie, I have more trust in the official writers than I would in Bronies.

• Brohoof 3

Here's an excerpt from a chapter that just came out for a fic I've been reading.

So, the three alicorns broke up and went through every book in the library of the wigwam. Those that didn't raise any suspicions were left alone, while others were placed into a pile at the far right corner end of the designated shelves. An hour went by and finally they stopped.

"These books are just an example of why the Storm King did what he did," Celestia sighed. "I want to look at these a little more in Canterlot. Something tells me that we’re dealing with an evil that is beyond all imagination."

Just then, the sounds of hoofbeats were heard at a rapid pace, and a guardspony came running into the wigwam! "Your highnesses," He panted, bowing to them hastily. "We…we made a horrific discovery!"

"What is it?!" All three alicorns asked at once!

"There is a gorge not too far from here and…excuse me!" The guard suddenly trailed off! He ran off towards an open window and vomited loudly, leaving an uneasy feeling in the princesses' stomachs. Nevertheless, they left the wigwam and went over to where a small group of guards ponies were standing and looking down into the gorge.

"What's going on…?" Celestia started to ask and then let out a loud gasp at what she saw in the gorge! Bodies of dead storm creatures, some partially decomposed and others fully decomposed, showing off their skeletons.

Cadence began to silently cry and Luna was beginning to feel sick to her stomach.

Celestia could only stand there frozen, and watch the horror unfold before her eyes, as a very unsuspecting and unsettling thought crept into her mind. "Was this what the Storm King was planning to do?" She thought to herself. "To have our subjects end up like these creatures? Was this what he wanted to do to our world? Then, he must have been training Tempest Shadow to do this kind of action as well!"

Yeah, just imagine something like that in the movie.

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

Here's an excerpt from a chapter that just came out for a fic I've been reading.

Yeah, just imagine something like that in the movie.

If I'm being honest; the film would not have been as good IMO if the above scene was what the movie included. Honestly, I fear a movie written by bronies would be a tad too dark and too adult for what the source material was originally intended. What we have with the show is a largely creative, clever, and interesting show that while it doesn't always hit the high marks, is still a source of media that can be enjoyed by both kid and adult. The scene above would be a bit much for kids, and I doubt would interest many adults.

I mean, as a fan film it would be fine, but if people think the movie tanked in the box office, I doubt brony material would even register.

• Brohoof 4

On 12/14/2017 at 11:04 AM, StrawCherry said:

Not really. I think that if it was up to the bronies, every single appreciated background character would've had a speaking role.

It really was, and as it was we plenty of cameos from background ponies, we'd only get a speaking role for every pony if someone utterly incompetent was in charge. 

On 12/14/2017 at 0:20 PM, Shabb3r said:

Many people also noticed parallels between the Storm King and Donald Trump. 

Bronies making the movie would mean the bronies making MLP edgy as fuck while the story is nothing but gratuitous wank over Luna, Trixie, and Background Ponies 

it’d be a real dumpster fire 

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 4

13 hours ago, Ganondox said:

It really was, and as it was we plenty of cameos from background ponies, we'd only get a speaking role for every pony if someone utterly incompetent was in charge. 

Many people also noticed parallels between the Storm King and Donald Trump. 

I think it was intentional judging by these :dash:

large.png

No really, those are part of Storm King's official concept art :D 

• Brohoof 2

It would be awful, actually awful. The adventure would focus on gathering allies from the show which newer people wouldn't get, Discord would be there just to be there. 

The movie was great for what it was, an introduction to the brand without completely ignoring what made the show so amazing and ignoring continuity.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think it was intentional judging by these :dash:

large.png

No really, those are part of Storm King's official concept art :D 

I took a quick look at my copy of the art book and found the illustrations. To be fair, regardless of whether you like or hate Trump, I think you could make a reasonable argument that he is an example of a person who is like a cartoon character in reality.

The final design of Storm King is quite a contrast to earlier concept arts that depict him as a seemingly more sinister villain.

tumblr_oz37frmLHk1sc89p1o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2