general media Goku Vs. Superman

Olly

goku vs. superman  

10 users have voted

1. 1. who would win?

• Goku
    • Superman

8 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Goku. His current DBS self could do it. It might not be easy, but I think he has it in him.

he could instant transmission superman to a planet with no yellow sun and he'd be set. But goku always plays "fair" so he'd want to fight superman at full strength 

• Brohoof 2

I think Goku, while Superman is very strong and has his unique stats when it comes to durability and strength,  it is hard to say if Superman can really match the amount of power that Goku has gotten in Dragon ball super, i mean heck, Goku's power level is around  a good amount of billions by now in his strongest forms.

And if we look at Ultra Instinct, Goku already has an intense defence mechanism, he will constantly just dodge Superman's attacks because of the way Ultra Instinct works/goes.

Tough the more stronger forms of Superman? There it becomes interesting, since you are starting to calculate in numbers that go off the chart.

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Goku. His current DBS self could do it. It might not be easy, but I think he has it in him.

Power-scaling is a real bitch! I would LOVE to agree - but they OP Superman waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much! 

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

And if we look at Ultra Instinct, Goku already has an intense defence mechanism, he will constantly just dodge Superman's attacks because of the way Ultra Instinct works/goes.

If we assume both superman and goku move and sense things much faster than the average person. Superman is "faster than a speeding bullet"  but if goku has "ultra instinct" on the level of Whis, then he could outmaneuver superman every which way. Like mr miyagi catching a fly mid-flight

3 minutes ago, Snowflurry said:

Power-scaling is a real bitch! I would LOVE to agree - but they OP Superman waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much! 

Here's how I see it:

Superman absorbs sunlight for power and to regenerate and heal his injuries, but he isn't powerful enough to destroy a planet. Goku's Kamehameha wave can easily destroy an entire planet. Goku can't breathe in space- superman can. 

so it's 50/50 most of the time

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 2

Goku Blue Kaio-ken with ultra instinct would do nothing. You need to look at Superman's feats. Not gonna even mention if Superman Prime becomes a factor. :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Wanted to let you guys know something Interesting that Goku did in the manga.

While I do think Superman Prime could beat Goku, power doesn't mean everything in that regard, if you think about it like this, if Superman manages to get such feats, who is to say Goku won't get them? There will always be something that drives Goku further and further up the power scaling, whether its a Spirit Bomb that triggers his Ultra Instinct feat, or that he suddenly is able to keep up with opponents he wasn't able to before.

Because there is an interesting thing about Goku, he always battles opponents that are miles stronger than him, yet he managed to defeat that opponent in most cases, not saying he would simply defeat Superman like that, but it would be debatable of Superman could stay above Goku forever. Given enough time?

dragon_ball_super_25_18.jpg

dragon_ball_super_25_19.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Well...actually...power is everything for this franchise. For example: Goku would have lost to Zamasu and Goku Black if it wasn't for Future Zeno. If Goku could reach the lvl of Whis, Superman would be in trouble. 

Goku, because his power scaling, while reached absurd levels, at least his have the excuse of not (mostly) fall into deus ex machinas from the ass. Superman on the other hand, takes deus ex machinas from the ass all the time

• Brohoof 1

It all really depends on the version of Superman we use here. If you use, say, DCAU Superman, Post-Flashpoint Superman, Super Friends Superman, etc vs Ultra Instinct Goku, then Goku wins. In fact, most incarnations of Superman will probably lose. But, if you use the strongest incarnations of Superman like Strange Visitor Superman, who surpassed Mr. Mxyzptlk, a 5-Dimensional Imp, in power, then he takes this easily.

Personality wise, Superman is and forever will be my favorite superhero. Only Daredevil, Captain America and Nightcrawler come close. I like Goku, but not nearly as much. (Krillin ftw)

This fight. The stuff of fictional legends.

An alien who overcomes his limits vs An alien who has no limits *Which is total bull btw why is SuperMan the Paragon of OP D:<*

Honestly, Idk who could win on this fight, but I like Goku since this is more of a question of which character do you think can lead to interesting outcomes.

An Alien that is surpassing his limits through sheer effort vs An Alien that has no limits so no effort for him to be strong.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/17/2017 at 10:57 AM, ZethaPonderer said:

An Alien that is surpassing his limits through sheer effort vs An Alien that has no limits so no effort for him to be strong.

I think superman has limits in that he's still a lifeform- something organic and natural. Superman's powers are grounded in science or pseudo science- he can experience fatigue etc. 

On 12/17/2017 at 7:26 AM, Galaxian Darkanine said:

It all really depends on the version of Superman we use here.

Any time it's brought up I always refer to the "standard" and canon versions of both characters. For example, we wouldn't use goku's super saiyan 4 because it's non-canon, or anything from the non-canon movies, or statements made in magazines or off descriptions in promotional material. In superman's case, superman has these abilities: 

superhuman strength, superhuman speed, flight, heat vision, x-ray vision, and very high resistance (but not total invulnerability to physical damage) .

These are more or less the "standard" powers everyone's familiar with. So we wouldn't include "genius-level intellect" or one-off extreme feats like surviving a supernova or traveling faster than light. 

Both characters share very similar abilities that could be said to be more or less on a similar level. Goku can't move faster than light, but he can teleport with instant transmission. I think his trump cards would be instant transmission and ultra instinct, and superman's would be in his heat vision or super flare ability. 

characters on goku's level and higher in the DB universe casually destroy planets with next to no effort- I can't imagine superman blowing up the earth with his heat vision. That's why originally, I thought the question was ridiculous- goku would obviously win. Characters in Dragon Ball are very powerful, but even so, it's been established that they can be killed if thrown into a star, and they can't move faster than the speed of light- so I think it's fair to set natural limits like that, given that superman doesn't lift planets with his bare hand or fly around the earth seven times in one second. Superman could 'lobotomize' goku with his heat vision- but only if he had the chance to do so, when goku was standing still directly in front of him.

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Yamet said:

Superman obviously. I mean, he was able to destroy a solar system with a sneeze once.  

pre-crisis 

that nerd knowledge tho

• Brohoof 1