Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would Starlight Glimmer do if you cut her tail off

NathanW200

How upset would Starlight Glimmer get if her tail got cut off 

I don't think she would get too upset Rarity would help Starlight Glimmer the most knowing she lost her tail twice Rarity could really help Starlight Glimmer get over her frustration because Rarity is the main pony to go to when loosing a tail would you agree because Rarity knows what it feels like loosing a tail 

you see its not so bad

my only question is what if something like this happened to Starlight 

386a69a6b88a65aeaf3fb8d86b9eb296[136][138].png

Rarity_cutting_her_tail_S1E2.png

Edited by NathanW200

14 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

She would probably be annoyed with me, but I assume she would forgive me because she knows her tail would grow back in time, and she's be pretty much brainwashed into forgiving and redeeming everyone due to Twilight's teachings. 

What if you cut off Starlight's tail before she was reformed before she was taught by Twilight 

8 hours ago, NathanW200 said:

What if you cut off Starlight's tail before she was reformed before she was taught by Twilight 

Well in that case, she would probably flip out on me and lock me up in the cellar of one of the villages cottages from which I would never be seen or heard from again 

• 2 years later...

She'd probably turn around and blast me with her super over-powered magic! :glimmer: Then, she'd just regrow it with said magic. :yeahno: That pony is just way too powerful XD.

6 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Regrow it with magic because that's a thing she can do because she's Starlight Glimmer.

"It Isn't the Mane Thing About You" established that unicorn magic can't accelerate the growth of pony hair (despite the fact that it can grow a mustache on an organism with no hair follicles).

Though Starlight has demonstrated impressive skills with magical R&D, doing things no unicorn has done before (cutie mark manipulation, time travel) - I could see her developing a spell to succeed where Twilight failed (to be fair, Twilight's attempt looked like she was just casting a growth spell she already knew and hoping for the best). The big question would then be: Is she image-conscious enough to put forth the effort for that? 

On 11/7/2020 at 11:48 PM, HedonismBot said:

"It Isn't the Mane Thing About You" established that unicorn magic can't accelerate the growth of pony hair (despite the fact that it can grow a mustache on an organism with no hair follicles).

So there's no reason that Starlight can't regrow her tail

The episode forgot the show's own lore in that regard and shouldn't be used to show that it's impossible

1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

So there's no reason that Starlight can't regrow her tail

The episode forgot the show's own lore in that regard and shouldn't be used to show that it's impossible

That was my whole point there - that accelerating pony hair growth could simply have been something that the magical community hadn't figured out how to do yet, as opposed to something that could never be done, ever, period. In which case, Starlight would have been the pony most qualified to develop that sort of spell.