Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When and Where to Wear Appropriate Hats

Trixie_Coolamoon

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Sometime I do wear hats only if I feel like it. But when I do, for winter I'd wear a newsboy cap and for the rest of the seasons I'd wear a snapback hat, both on casual day. As for formal purpose I'd wear a fedora.  

Edited by TBD, Scoffer of TBA

• 1 month later...

I only wear baseball caps.

Leave the fedora (trilby whatever) in 2018 please lol - you don't look like Humphrey Bogart

I'm always wearing one of my Jimmie Johnson baseball cap style hats anyday. I'm a bit like Applejack, I'd even wear one at a formal event. :P

I don't really wear hats that much. I might wear a cap if I'm out in the sun, but I wouldn't wear one for anything formal.

I don't often wear hats except in the winter, when I occasionally wear a woolly cap with a chin strap and flaps over the ears. It's not what I'd call high fashion, but as long as no one sees me wearing it, no one has to be the worse for it. :rarity:

I don't wear hats.Never really been a hat person

9 hours ago, Octavia Feri said:

I ain't wearing no hat, so i don't have to worry about that :P 

Ayy nice lyrics.

You thinking about making your own mixtape?

Just now, Messy Mane said:

I don't wear hats.Never really been a hat person

Ayy nice lyrics.

You thinking about making your own mixtape?

Lol, i didn't even tried to rhyme XD 

• Brohoof 1

Used to wear a fedora. Then three things happened. It became associated with a stereotype, started seeing people with brightly colors/patterned variations which I thought looked awful and brought shame to the hat, and when I moved there was a guy who wore a top hat everyday at the school I went to, so feeling outclassed I retired for special outings and events like when I go to the theatre or a wedding. That same year we hosted the chaperone of an Australian student group. They get the chance to learn what life is like in another country for about 2 weeks, staying in people's homes and going with their kids to school, and taking field trips to famous locations and all that. There's normally an exchange of gifts, and one of the ones we received were some baseball caps and I've been wearing them ever since. Otherwise during the winter I wear a Ushanka which I've pinned the soviet hat emblem to. Not for political reasons, I just think it's fun to walk around with.

• 2 weeks later...

When you are fighting a team of mercenaries that look identical to your team over a few pits of gravel, it is mandatory to wear all sorts of wacky and goofy hats.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There’s a time and place for utility hat-wearing and other situations where hats make a nice fashion choice. For keeping my noggin warm I go with a dorky winter hat with ear flaps, and for fashion, I have a men’s fedora which is surprisingly fitting with some of my outfits. I also have a large summer hat with flowers, a tam-o-shanter, and a boater hat, because it was cute and I bought it on an impulse.

• 2 months later...