Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate Disney?

heavens-champion

i think the reason being is that some actors for past disney shows have either become grossly disturbing (Miley Cyrus) or have become comp!lete tools (Jake paul) 

however, disney makes some good stuff regardless of what others say.

6 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

What's with the Disney hate? It's not like other companies are any different.

Exactly! Disney is a company full of both good AND bad people. Even if I wasn't a Disney fan, it would be unfair to hate on an entire company.

2 hours ago, Fennekin said:

i think the reason being is that some actors for past disney shows have either become grossly disturbing (Miley Cyrus) or have become comp!lete tools (Jake paul) 

however, disney makes some good stuff regardless of what others say.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Exactly! Disney is a company full of both good AND bad people. Even if I wasn't a Disney fan, it would be unfair to hate on an entire company.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Disney gives us good and bad. Some its good (kingdom hearts, love it) and sometimes it gives us jake pauls.

however, it's a good company.

• Brohoof 3

I've read about people actually sending Rian Johnson death threats just because they thought The Last Jedi jumped the shark.

While I agree with that last part, I still draw the freaking line at the "death threats" part.

1 minute ago, Fennekin said:

(kingdom hearts, love it)

Loved it until Dream Drop Distance (*Shudder!*).

Edited by A.V.

14 minutes ago, A.V. said:

I've read about people actually sending Rian Johnson death threats just because they thought The Last Jedi jumped the shark.

While I agree with that last part, I still draw the freaking line at the "death threats" part.

Loved it until Dream Drop Distance (*Shudder!*).

We do not speak about dream drop distance.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe it has to do with Disney as a corporation that thinks its above the law and claims royalty over some "copyrighted" characters that should be on public domain at this point. Disneyland has its own laws. So does that mean Disneyland is Monarchy?

That and past histories of Disney being pretty disturbing e.g. World War II cartoon shorts of your beloved characters.

:lol: Donald Duck as a Nazi is proof :lol:

Also found this interesting video that might explain why some people hate Disney,

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Posting a video
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Maybe it has to do with Disney as a corporation that thinks its above the law and claims royalty over some "copyrighted" characters that should be on public domain at this point. Disneyland has its own laws. So does that mean Disneyland is Monarchy?

That and past histories of Disney being pretty disturbing e.g. World War II cartoon shorts of your beloved characters.

:lol: Donald Duck as a Nazi is proof :lol:

Also found this interesting video that might explain why some people hate Disney,

Donald Duck being a Nazi was just a nightmare showing what would happen if Hitler took over the world. Don't you dare take things out of context!

31 minutes ago, Fennekin said:

We do not speak about dream drop distance.

Why not?

The only thing I personally hated about it was that there were far less new Disney worlds to see. Hunchback was the only new animated Disney world added to the KH universe in there.

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Why not?

The only thing I personally hated about it was that there were far less new Disney worlds to see. Hunchback was the only new animated Disney world added to the KH universe in there.

The unfair gameplay (e.g., the Forced Drops) and the worse-than-ever convolution (e.g., Xehanort suddenly being a time-traveling Aizen).

And another thing @ZethaPonderer, the copyright thing is because after Walt Disney himself had Oswald the Lucky Rabbit stolen from him (before Mickey Mouse was created), he didn't want the same thing to happened to Mickey. In Walt's words, "That mouse is family"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Donald Duck being a Nazi was just a nightmare showing what would happen if Hitler took over the world. Don't you dare take things out of context!

I'm not really taking things out of context if my point was to emphasize Disney making WORLD WAR II cartoon shorts just as much as Warner Bros. But, fair enough. I'll explain the context better next time.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Celli said:

I mean, they're a huge company that has gone EA and is buying out multiple small film studios. That's not a good thing.

You DO realize that thanks to Disney, Marvel has been injected new life via the Marvel Cinematic Universe that has been quite a success.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Why not?

It could be because of the drop mechanic. Basically, you had a certain amount of time to have to play as a character, before the drop bar would deplete and you would switch to the next one. However, if you completed Sora's story, the drop mechanic would go away.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Fennekin said:

It could be because of the drop mechanic. Basically, you had a certain amount of time to have to play as a character, before the drop bar would deplete and you would switch to the next one. However, if you completed Sora's story, the drop mechanic would go away.

Never really beaten it, so I wouldn't know about the last sentence.

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Never really beaten it, so I wouldn't know about the last sentence.

I dont know, but judging by the wiki, soras story has to be completed before riku's.

Disney ™ is a prototype for a "megacorporation" as known from Cyberpunk science-fiction, like f.e. Shadowrun.

More I don't dare to say, if they feel offended they could sue me send death troops to me for trademark infringement for writing the name "Disney ™ " without permission. ;)

Edited by Kosmobatalanto

I never really cared much for Disney at all. They're basically the EA of televised entertainment, except not quite as bad because they at least produce quality animation. I was personally worried for Star Wars after LucasArts was bought out by Disney, and I was never a fan of it.

Eh. When they start making content that I don't like, I'll re-evaluate like I did in the 2000's. Until that time, I'm a fan.

Childhood - 2001 - fan

2001 - 2007 - not a fan

2007 - present - fan

• Brohoof 2

Disney has no soul anymore, it sold it for cash on the barrel head. The stuff they make is generic; it's all just a heartless product to fill the shelves, movie screens and TV time slots, they shove their lame politics into everything they make, and they don't care who they screw to make their money. Everyone seems to swallow it whole though, so I guess it's working out for them. 

Disney can be a bit sue-happy - their reputation isn't the best and they have some underhandedness. Ya know, like a lot of conglomerations. That doesn't bother me in the slightest - really. 

• 3 weeks later...