Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate Disney?

heavens-champion

Something something capitolism something something shit loads of money. Yep! Sounds about right the two things people loveee to hate!

• Brohoof 2

Mostly because they bully people and smaller projects/companies over ridiculous things. They've twisted the law to extend copyright so mickey mouse doesn't enter the public domain, they try to claim some ownership over ancient fairy tales and fables, fine and harass people. Most other big companies do bad things also, so I don't see disney as much worse, but maybe it's partly the fact they might be the biggest company in the entertainment industry that gets people's attention. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
13 hours ago, HomuraAkemi said:

disney in a nutshell rn

Disney right now : memes

You forgot something about taking other people's properties and making them worse. Other than that, 100% accurate.

Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )
  • Brohoof 2

On 6/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, HomuraAkemi said:

disney in a nutshell rn

Disney right now : memes

Yes, and including Mickey Mouse being a jerk (potentially dangerous one) :ButtercupLaugh:

They have always stolen their story ideas from old stuff, but because Mickey Mouse keeps protecting himself with copyright, they are pushing the law so they cannot steal from older sources as well, just to protect themselves. At least that is what I believe is happening. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Well any "big shot" companies likes to make money, who doesnt? Other then that, I have no beef against Disney. As long it takes me away from reality, then it's doing what it suppose to do. :nom:

I mean when your company starts buying out everything it begins to create resentment. Only company in terms of franchises that can compare really is WB. Mickey Mouse and Co - Looney Tunes, Marvel - DC, Star Wars - Harry Potter. Of course WB doesn't have anything like the Disney Princess, on the other, Disney doesn't have a dedicated gaming branch(anymore) like Warner(who also hold Mortal Kombat among others).

I will say Disney somehow still isn't as bad as they their hands are purely in the entertainment industry, and don't also have control of your phone and internet service like AT&T/Warner(Who own WB)

17 hours ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

I feel like the whole Star Wars thing has put a bad name on Disney, but they still do produce some amazing films

Do you mean that Disney made Star Wars bad? Or did they just handle the Star Wars brand badly?

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Do you mean that Disney made Star Wars bad? Or did they just handle the Star Wars brand badly?

Both tbh lol. After Disney took over, the films just got worse and their handling of the whole thing is stupid, such as rushing the directors to get the film done and stuff like that

• Brohoof 1

I despise modern Disney because they have become a leading beacon of corporate incarnate. Whereas Disney used to be a leader of creativity in film and gave us many classics before, now we can only hope and beg for a classic while they shove out the same tired shit again and again. Disney now is just inferior, ugly live action cash grabs of original classics, Marvel movies that are all essentially the same film over and over (just with different characters), they've pretty much ruined Star Wars with their worthless trilogy that clearly had no vision whatsoever, they are top notch shills by putting their characters in "fOrTnItE" and then featuring that stupid game in Endgame (Obviously a corporate deal between Disney and Epic) and they overcharge for all of their films on every marketplace, regardless of how old it is. If there is a 4K movie somewhere for $20, any Disney film regardless of its age will be $30 at least. Disney thinks they are just so good that they can charge more than everyone else.

At this point I am done with Disney. Disney+ might be a good deal and for those that enjoy it, that's fine, but for me I am simply entirely over the company now.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love disney personally I know that others have their reasons. One reason I would say is some of their movies you know they are obvious cash grabs. Don't get me wrong though some of their remakes are good. However I'd prefer that Disney went back to the good days. I don't hate their movies though I mean frozen I really enjoy watching, moana to name a few recent movies. Some of the live action movies were good too. 

Then again love disney haha.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

Why though? Isn't buying your competition better than destroying them? I mean if you where seen by disney as an enemy.... Would you like them to destroy you or buy you? .......

Don't answer if your a masochist.... I lnow qhere your going

I love a lot of what Disney does, but I also dislike some of it. They have a great legacy that Walt created and sadly a lot of that has been lost in the last couple decades as they reshaped their image into something far less endearing. They’re largely focused on expansion and profit, which is fine to an extent for any healthy business, but they often carry it too far. They have a large family of companies and in exploiting so many of these properties their product can become stale and generic. This isn’t always the case by any means; I love many of their movies, and the theme parks are my home. But they have their own earlier standards to live up to, and when they fail it’s more glaring to their long-time audiences. I disagree with many things they do, but I don’t hate Disney; otherwise I wouldn’t still be working for The Mouse and wearing their logo on most of my casual apparel. 

• Brohoof 1