Apple Bloom

Friday Movie Night Request Thread

I'd like to nominate Coraline for the movie this friday. It seems fitting for a halloween movie ^^

(edited)

Since I don't celebrate or care about Halloween at all it don't matter to me what kind of movie is played this weekend, however looking at the poll right now it don't seem to matter much what I vote on.

Edited by QueenDemandypants

Didn't we already watch both Equestria Girls movies, and aren't they in the clubhouse video queue?

The only Rainbow Rocks we've watched was a shitty theater camrip, which happened at some odd time when there weren't many people around anyway. When we did it for Unscripted on Saturday, there were again pretty few people around compared to our regular attendees and some of those were random people responding to my Skype status, and it was the TV version that had a bunch of stuff chopped out. It's well worth revisiting on Friday with the regular crowd and in its unaltered form.

I'd like to nominate Coraline for the movie this friday. It seems fitting for a halloween movie ^^

I forgot all about Coraline. Yes. Now that is movie worth halloween. :wub:

By a single vote at 10 votes Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas are going to be playing for Halloween.

However, the 9 votes for Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks cannot be discounted.  So they will be shown for Unscripted this week at 2 PM EDT on Saturday.

Stay tuned for next week's poll and we look forward to seeing you at the movies :D.

(edited)

However, the 9 votes for Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks cannot be discounted.  So they will be shown for Unscripted this week at 2 PM EDT on Saturday.

All I have to say to that are these two quotes from the original suggester:

Although I'm showing Rainbow Rocks this Saturday for Unscripted, I know a lot of people can't make it on Saturdays and attendance is typically much lower than on movie nights. In order to help more people be available to watch and because people have inquired in here before, I'd like to nominate an Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks double feature for next week. Showing the first one is more in the interest of completeness and being able to string it all together, but I suppose there's the possibility a few people somehow still haven't seen it. :P

The only Rainbow Rocks we've watched was a shitty theater camrip, which happened at some odd time when there weren't many people around anyway. When we did it for Unscripted on Saturday, there were again pretty few people around compared to our regular attendees and some of those were random people responding to my Skype status, and it was the TV version that had a bunch of stuff chopped out. It's well worth revisiting on Friday with the regular crowd and in its unaltered form.

Also, as much as I wanna see people's faces when they see certain scenes, I always miss 'Unscripted Saturdays' because I always forget about it the next day, due to the time it is on. Plus, I wanna see the missing scenes from the T.V. release, but alas, I always miss it...

So my suggestion, just keep the suggestion for Rainbow Rocks there for next week and if people wanna watch it that badly, they can vote on it again. I know I will.

Edited by DJ Shy-3

Badges

By a single vote at 10 votes Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas are going to be playing for Halloween.

Stay tuned for next week's poll and we look forward to seeing you at the movies :D.

YES! As much as I love EQG, THIS is what it takes to make Halloween complete. The party I normally go to got cancelled, because the hosts are both working OT. So this is the next best thing. :derp:

(edited)

Daylight saving time in USA is changed November 2 this year or?

Movies will be starting 1 hour earlier for me in that case this weekend, which is nice.

Edited by QueenDemandypants

For Halloween you could play the best Scooby-Doo movie: Scooby-Doo and Zombie Island.

I have a couple of questions. First, what do you mean by unscripted? Second, do I need a separate account to watch these movies?

I have a couple of questions. First, what do you mean by unscripted? Second, do I need a separate account to watch these movies?

Unscripted is a staff event we do on saturday. We can end up doing a lot of different things, from streaming an extra movie to playing games. Its just general fun and shenanigans that anyone can really join in on.

The website we use has its own separate account system but its really nothing major, just a username, pass, email and your done. And you don't even have to sign up, you can just be a guest if your really lazy :P

Unscripted is a staff event we do on saturday. We can end up doing a lot of different things, from streaming an extra movie to playing games. Its just general fun and shenanigans that anyone can really join in on.

The website we use has its own separate account system but its really nothing major, just a username, pass, email and your done. And you don't even have to sign up, you can just be a guest if your really lazy :P

Where can I sign up, and how do I sign up?

Where can I sign up, and how do I sign up?

You can simply go onto the site where we host all our events  Equestria.tv

From there you can see options to create an account or sign in as a guest up on the top right.

Then once you have set up an account your all ready to have fun in chat!

Maybe unscripted would get more people if it was moved later or earlier?

Anyway, suggesting Frozen.

(edited)

Just recreated the poll with the only suggestion since the last one came down, Rainbow Rocks because of the high demand ( and we really need to watch it x) ), and Kung Fu Hustle because it's badass and hasn't won yet.

edit: Actually, we'll just be doing Rainbow Rocks for the 6 PM movie next week. We've had a few random, unscheduled showings of it on Friday for some reason and a couple on Saturdays, but we do still need to have an actual, planned event for it so people can plan to be there rather than stumbling into it part of the way through, or having it at an awkward time.

tl;dr - Rainbow Rocks will be the first movie for next week and I'm therefor taking it off of the poll. The other two movies chosen can be shown afterwards.

Edited by Artemis

(edited)

I'm going to throw in the The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Trilogy as a suggestion!

Edited by The Coffee Pony

Updated the poll with the most recent suggestion. I also made it multiple choice, as I neglected to do so the first time.  :blush:

Updated the poll with the most recent suggestion. I also made it multiple choice, as I neglected to do so the first time.  :blush:

Well, of the 3 choices, 2 are triple feature, so... multiple choice is kind of pointless right now. Have a muffin! :muffins:

Well, I would like to request the Secret world of Arrietty for next week.