Apple      Bloom

Friday Movie Night Request Thread

Of all the Muppet movies suggested, The Great Muppet Caper isn't one of them. 

Poll closed. This weeks movies are The Muppet Movie (1979), Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppet's in Space Triple Feature.

Badges

Poll is opened. Added my suggestion of Avengers and Avengers 2: Age of Ultron on there.

Badges

Poll is closed. There is a tie between the Double Feature of Avengers and Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. Since it's so late closing the poll, the Double Feature will play. And to avoid a longer movie night, Little Nemo can either be played after the next Episode of Pony's on Saturday, or be locked to the next movie night and the poll will select what plays along with it.

Badges

Poll is opened. Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland is locked into this movie night. So what is selected for this movie night, will play alongside Little Nemo. Added in some single movies since we have several double/triple features.

Badges

Poll is closed. The winner is Robin Hood Men in Tights, which will play alongside Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland.

Badges

The poll has been opened.

Badges

Poll closed. This weeks winners are Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War

Badges

I demand dog movies

The Incredible Journey and Homeward Bound double feature. 

I'll be tossing in my suggestions of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, and Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet.

*Edit* - Poll Opened

Badges

Poll Closed. The winners for the April 3rd Movie Night are Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph Breaks the Internet and How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.

Badges

Poll opened. Forgot to do it yesterday, so poll will stay up until Thursday.

Badges

Poll Closed. The Incredible Journey and Homeward Bound - Double Feature.

Badges

Pokemon the First Movie and Digimon the Movie double feature?

Badges

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Pokemon the First Movie and Digimon the Movie double feature?

Fun fact. We actually did that combo a ways back.

I'll second this, but only if it's the unedited Japanese versions, rather than the U.S. ones. 

Seriously, the American Digimon film is like three movies cut and pasted together. 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Fun fact. We actually did that combo a ways back.

I'll second this, but only if it's the unedited Japanese versions, rather than the U.S. ones. 

Seriously, the American Digimon film is like three movies cut and pasted together. 

"No foreign language films unless they are dubbed in English." One of the original rules of movie night. Read the first page.

Badges

56 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

"No foreign language films unless they are dubbed in English." One of the original rules of movie night. Read the first page.

We've broken that rule on a few occasions. Like when we watched Xiaolin Soccer. Pretty sure Kung Fu Hustle and Journey to the West were also subbed. 

13 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

We've broken that rule on a few occasions. Like when we watched Xiaolin Soccer. Pretty sure Kung Fu Hustle and Journey to the West were also subbed. 

Sorry, can't understand Japanese so it'll have to be English only,

Badges

Opened the Poll. Also added another suggestion of mine on there, to add to the others. Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns.

Also, while we prefer the english dub, if it has subs then that's fine. But we wouldn't want to make a habit as most that come to movie night prefer english. Live action films just don't quite look right dubbed, more so than anime, so we usually go for the subbed version. For anime films, most are accustomed to the english dubbing. So subs are not preferred. Though some voice acting for dubs don't quite work. We just go with what folks prefer more. Personally I do not care either way.

Badges

20 hours ago, Mr Dash said:

Opened the Poll. Also added another suggestion of mine on there, to add to the others. Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns.

Also, while we prefer the english dub, if it has subs then that's fine. But we wouldn't want to make a habit as most that come to movie night prefer english. Live action films just don't quite look right dubbed, more so than anime, so we usually go for the subbed version. For anime films, most are accustomed to the english dubbing. So subs are not preferred. Though some voice acting for dubs don't quite work. We just go with what folks prefer more. Personally I do not care either way.

Would a subbed film be an exception if there were substantial differences between the foreign and domestic releases? 

On 5/14/2019 at 5:41 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Would a subbed film be an exception if there were substantial differences between the foreign and domestic releases? 

If it was a stark difference and much better. Unless folks just wanted the dub for the cheese factor. But I'll say if anyone would like to watch a subbed version, suggest it and make sure to put sub so we know when voting.

The Poll is closed and the winners are Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns Double Feature.

Badges

Crocodile Dundee please?

Badges

Poll has been opened.

Badges