Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your least favourite member of the Mane Six?

RulesofRarity

Who is your least favourite member of the Mane Six?  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Least favourite member of the Mane Six

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash

First of all, I like every member of the mane 6

Pinkie because she is just to hyper. I prefer to have an episode where there is actually humour then Pinkie to have act annoying the whole episode. Rainbow comes close with her ego.

• Brohoof 2

Fluctuates wildly from season to season. Would have been Rarity from seasons 1-3, Fluttershy from 4-5, and I guess Twilight in season 6, but right now I'd probably say Applejack is my least favourite. She hasn't developed much in a while, and it seems like the writers struggle to find interesting new episode ideas for her that don't ultimately make her overly rude or stubborn. Doesn't quite have the inherent charm of Rarity or Pinkie to carry a less substantial episode anymore. 

• Brohoof 4

My least favorite is probably Applejack too. I much prefer Applejack when she's a supporting character personally, since she tends to struggle to carry a narrative by herself. That, and a good portion of her stories tend to boil down to her being unpleasant, if not straight up antagonistic to her friends or strangers because of how narrow minded and stubborn she can be. "Over a Barrel" is probably my least favorite episode in the entire series because Applejack just keeps the conflict going when the solution right infront of her. Such a tedious, mess of an episode, but a good chunk of Applejack stories follow that formula. Second would probably be Pinkie. I never really found her funny, and her hyper attitude can be grating, but I never found her unlikable. I really do like most of her episodes though, especially "A Friend in Deed", "Baby Cakes" and "Hearthbreakers".

I don't really dislike any of the Mane Six. Not even Rainbow Dash. I have an older sister who acts just like her so I'm pretty jaded to that abrasive-type of personality by now.

Fluttershy. Not because she is a poorly developed character, or anything inherently negative. Her archetype is not one that generally appeals to me as much as the others on the show. 

• Brohoof 5

While I love all of the mane 6 because of their reliability and unique charming personality, my least favorite was always Rainbow Dash. There was a time where I actually loved Rainbow Dash and declaring her as best pony since she had an arc that has lots of potential to have growth in her.

Sadly, it wasn't that satisfying and she has been giving me sour mouths whenever she brags in some episodes. Though I still admired her, she doesn't leave any impact on me anymore (besides her best and worst episodes).

While I at least like every member, there are definitely some which I prefer over others. When it comes to the topic of my least favorite, I'm torn between Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Applejack is alright, but she's probably the least funny of the mane 6 in my opinion, she CONSTANTLY brings up her family and it's traditions to the point where it feels somewhat preachy and the southern stereotype in general just really doesn't do much for me. To me, she just doesn't seem to have all that much character outside of her farm-girl caricature. Rainbow Dash is definitely the funnier and has the more memorable/interesting personality of the two, but she has a habit of being obnoxious and getting on my nerves. Whenever you have a big or a loud personality, they run the risk of coming across as annoying or too abrasive for their own good, which while isn't usually a problem for Rainbow Dash as a whole, it does show traces of shining through in certain episodes (Dragonshy, for example). That and, while I don't necessarily dislike the Jock/Sporty stereotype, I don't personally find it relatable in the slightest.

It's a close one between the two, but right now I'm going to vote for Applejack, purely because I find Rainbow Dash to be more memorable and less basic as a character. That could change at any time, but it's what I'm going to go with for now.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 2

That would be Pinkie Pie for me. It's not so much that I hate her, but her ultra-hyper personality can be grating at times. Don't get me wrong, she's had some great episodes and I actually love the character, but when ranking the group, someone has to be least, and that's Pinkie Pie for me.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Hmm, no one's least favorite is Twilight. I wonder why...?

My least favorite is Pinkie Pie because she's just too "over the top" for me.

Probably because Twilight is such a sweetheart. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Hieroklicious said:

Probably because Twilight is such a sweetheart. :twi:

Yeah, I can't think of any super negative traits that she has. There's really nothing about Twilight that immediately turns people away, like RD's big ego or how overdone Pinkie and Fluttershy are.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash. No offense to any-one who likes her, but she's become more of an ass-hole in the last couple of seasons. She was completely un-enthusiastic and un-supportive about Fluttershy's first attempt at Nightmare Night, the fact that she pulled a prank on every-pony in "28 Pranks Later" just for own amusement and she didn't even consider their feelings and how those pranks would make them feel. I mean, did she learnt anything from "A Griffon The Brush Off" and NOT taking Pranks too far??? :huh: That episode alone is the sole reason why I HATE rainbow Dash SO much...

...and I didn't like the way she approached her parents in "Parental Glideance". The least she could've done is tell them to tone it down a bit...

I mean, I understand that's she's frustrated, but they're only trying to support her and what she did in that episode is un-acceptable...

...and the fact that she keeps saying the word "awesome" in Season 7. I dunno about you, but I find that almost as annoying as Trixie saying "The Great and Powerful..." NO!!! :angry: YOU'RE NOT GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! :baconmane: *sighs* man, that line triggers me...

I almost have to 'mute' the TV EVERY-TIME RD is about to say something in Season 7 just so I don't have to hear that word :huh: ...

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack, I like you, but in terms of character development, you're letting me down. The Applejack we see in the pilot episode is almost exactly the same as the Applejack we see in Shadow Play, and that bugs me. Pinkie Pie is in the same boat, but at least she has a clearly defined comic relief role most of the time, which I think she excels at. Not to mention, the writers don't try to divert attention away and focus on Pinkie's relatives anywhere near as often as they do with Applejack.

• Brohoof 2