Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 is gonna have 26 episodes!

FlareGun45

Take a look at this image, and you'll see that there's gonna be 221 episodes in total in this series! Which means 26 for season 8, and 26 for season 9! It was taken from the leak. This really isn't much of a spoiler, but I added the tag anyway because some people might not want to know that season 9 is the final season.

So at least the final season is gonna end with a full season! Hopefully it'll answer some of our most important questions and give all the characters proper conclusions to their arcs!

1513468227341.thumb.jpg.aa74afc21053d045a5d0ab5cf457c03b.jpg

EDIT: 

It's confirmed now!

DWQox__VwAAjQKX.thumb.jpg.5a8aa26d507335338e6a3910a40a7077.jpg

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 11

Just doing this pre-emptively just so nothing is actually spoiled here as well:

Copying from another thread...

I want to thank everyone for keeping everything sensitive in spoilers. It's fine to discuss things openly, but for the actual sensitive material it's best to spoiler it and I am grateful that everyone here has already taken that to heart.

That said, I will state this to everyone: No links to any leaked material will be permitted here. Any infringement will be dealt with fiercely. If you want the material; you are on your own. Period.

Thank you.

I am NOT kidding here. If there is another link to leaked material from S8 I WILL act accordingly.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 11

Let's just hope that within these two seasons, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy will get some episodes with characters they've never had with yet that I'm really dying to see now. Fingers crossed. Remember, there's still roughly more than 40 episodes left that any few of them can be those.

And definitely not too much Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow, or Applejack, just so that the possibilities are higher.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Take a look at this image, and you'll see that there's gonna be 221 episodes in total in this series! Which means 26 for season 8, and 26 for season 9! It was taken from the leak. This really isn't much of a spoiler, but I added the tag anyway because some people might not want to know that season 9 is the final season.

So at least the final season is gonna end with a full season! Hopefully it'll answer some of our most important questions and give all the characters proper conclusions to their arcs!

1513468227341.thumb.jpg.aa74afc21053d045a5d0ab5cf457c03b.jpg

Now only hoping the last 4 episodes is the final. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Conred said:

From what i seen in those emails. The 26 episodes consist of 13 normal 22minutes episodes, 7 short 2 minute episodes and 2 big 44 minute holliday special episodes

Is that enough to give proper conclusions to all the characters' arcs? I don't want another 13 episode season. That's what made season 3 feel so rushed and incomplete! 

• Brohoof 1

From what I have read, it sounds like that season will have only 13 normal episodes. If there is anything I hope is fake with these leaks, it is that. Unless season 8 does a really good job wrapping a lot of things up, I want season 9 to go out with a big shabang if it is indeed the final season.

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

From what I have read, it sounds like that season will have only 13 normal episodes. If there is anything I hope is fake with these leaks, it is that. Unless season 8 does a really good job wrapping a lot of things up, I want season 9 to go out with a big shabang if it is indeed the final season.

I think that means 13 episodes have been written SO FAR! The other 13 haven't been written yet! ;)

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

The email that said 13 and the emails and presentations that refer to 26 are some months apart, I think Hasbro just ordered the season in two halves which isn't at all unprecidented when it comes to renewals.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

The email that said 13 and the emails and presentations that refer to 26 are some months apart, I think Hasbro just ordered the season in two halves which isn't at all unprecidented when it comes to renewals.

Oooooooh, right. Since they tend to have a mid season break and such, I guess that makes sense. Here's to hoping that's the case!

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Oooooooh, right. Since they tend to have a mid season break and such, I guess that makes sense. Here's to hoping that's the case!

But I am kinda excited for the holiday specials, and shorts as well! Looks like the series is ending with a BANG! Hey you think the holiday specials will be stop-motion? :o 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

But I am kinda excited for the holiday specials, and shorts as well! Looks like the series is ending with a BANG! Hey you think the holiday specials will be stop-motion? :o 

These  days, computer animation is good enough that most animators don't use stop action. A few, like Tim Burton or the Wallace & Grommett stuff do for artistic reasons but AFAIK it's more expensive so most don't bother 

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, sweetolebob18 said:

These  days, computer animation is good enough that most animators don't use stop action. A few, like Tim Burton or the Wallace & Grommett stuff do for artistic reasons but AFAIK it's more expensive so most don't bother 

I know, but some people like to be traditional. I mean you could be right, DHX could just use a style of animation that looks like stop-motion, but on the other hand, they might wanna be traditional!

9 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

You mean like those old Rankin-Bass Christmas specials?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, the leaks mentioned S9 may have 13 episodes as well. We should wait until there's an official word on the episode number 

I think that means 13 episodes have been written for season 9 SO FAR! The other 13 haven't even begun production yet! At least I hope it means that! I don't wanna end the show on a 13 episode season! Let's end it with a 26 episode BANG! :D

I'm calling that the series finale ends in a live action shot of Tara Strong staring into a snow globe and doing voices.

Nice full seasons. Hell of a run.

• Brohoof 1

I would rather have it be a 6 episode finale. 

Episode 21-22: Celestia and Luna reveal to Twilight that Cosmos, their brother (let's use the old movie plot) is awakening and that she needs to do something to stop him. In the meantime, she fights Grogar and Majesty but fails to stop Cosmos from waking up

Episode 23-24: Cosmos returns and quickly dethrones Celestia and Luna after a long battle. Twilight attempts to fight him but her, Starlight, Trixie, Sunset, Spike, and the main six is defeated and forced to flee.

Episode 25-26: The final showdown, Cosmos is defeated, show ends with a 1000 year old twilight closing a book sighing in memory and looking at the stars happily.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

I think that means 13 episodes have been written for season 9 SO FAR! The other 13 haven't even begun production yet! At least I hope it means that! I don't wanna end the show on a 13 episode season! Let's end it with a 26 episode BANG! :D

No, that would be a pity. The biggest disapointment of season 3 was that it was too short. :grin: 

1 hour ago, Tigerdovefan34 said:

Episode 21-22: Celestia and Luna reveal to Twilight that Cosmos, their brother (let's use the old movie plot) is awakening and that she needs to do something to stop him. In the meantime, she fights Grogar and Majesty but fails to stop Cosmos from waking up

Episode 23-24: Cosmos returns and quickly dethrones Celestia and Luna after a long battle. Twilight attempts to fight him but her, Starlight, Trixie, Sunset, Spike, and the main six is defeated and forced to flee.

Episode 25-26: The final showdown, Cosmos is defeated, show ends with a 1000 year old twilight closing a book sighing in memory and looking at the stars happily.

I rather have Grogar as final villain, but alright...

A 6 parter would be a great way to end this series. ^_^

43 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Maybe it's true, as they don't even seem decided if they wanted to make the season 13 episodes long plus 2 specials, and another mail showed an episode count over what these 15 are capable of doing :huh: . I expect an answer later this year

12 minutes ago, Tigerdovefan34 said:

I think a finale with Twi closing the book is better for a more stand alone and less intense final episode, and the episodes suggested by you be all behind it :huh: . You know what would be cool? If Tempest helps against Cosmos, as he was an early concept for Tempest :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 1