Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very tragic passage from my youth

SprinklePinguin

So when I was 10 something I got this Pony from Santa 
Capture.PNG.93f907ac04fcd9fed321b541666791b0.PNG

She good stand up, open her eye, drink from the bottle, talk to me, etc.
I was like the perfect pony mom , so I took her everywhere... Except for school. So when I left, I tucked her in my bed with a blanket and her head on my pillow and kissed her goodbye.
Then one day we got this cleaning lady. She was... special. Not only she drunk and ate like half what was in or basement and cupboards, but she was also very aggressive with out stuff. 
So one day I got home, and I couldn't find my baby pony (idk how she is called in English). I kept asking my mom if she has seen it, but she didnt. I searched and searched for hours and then... I found her thrown by my other toys, with her neck 90° twisted as if it was snapped and her eyes half open. I tried to turn it back and tested if she still talked. But only screeching sounds game out and her neck only moved a few mm back and forth. Crying I went to my mom to ask her if she could fix it. But nothing could be done. My baby pony died...

A week later we asked the cleaning lady if she touched it and if she accidentally twisted it. She simply replied, she threw it on the floor with the other toys and that I should grow up and clean my bed better.

The End 

Do you guys have tragic broken toy stories? XD

• Brohoof 5

Yup but less of a toy...more of a video game console 

when i was maybe 6 my dad got me a wii for my birthday and we spent weeks playing mario kart and wii sports together then....my 2 younger siblings came along and thought that it was a vending machine and stuck a bunch of penny in it. i woke up the following morning and found out that that none of my discs would go in, i knew exactly what happened....needless to say, my siblings did not get punnshied and i did not get a new wii for at least 4 months after that

fin.

Just now, woodchunks66 said:

Yup but less of a toy...more of a video game console 

when i was maybe 6 my dad got me a wii for my birthday and we spent weeks playing mario kart and wii sports together then....my 2 younger siblings came along and thought that it was a vending machine and stuck a bunch of penny in it. i woke up the following morning and found out that that none of my discs would go in, i knew exactly what happened....needless to say, my siblings did not get punnshied and i did not get a new wii for at least 4 months after that

fin.

@woodchunks66 Literally the curse of being the oldest sibling. I know the feeling. 

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

What a hag. I would’ve fired her.

@ShadOBabe She quit herself. We complained to her boss about the food stealing thing and replied it never happened and that we were racist (she was Thai but like... my aunt is Thai so lol). So her boss sent us another cleaning lady. One that could handle "difficult customers".  More 10 years later that cleaning lady is still a friend of the family. Even tho she doesn't work anymore for us. So yeah XD

• Brohoof 3

These two instances were more just my own stupidity than anything, but the fates of my ponies were pretty tragic. When I was about 12, my friend wanted to check if her G3 pony was still clean on the inside by safely removing the head so it could still be attached afterwards. I wanted to do the same with my G3 Coconut Cream and G1 Confetti. Using a carpet knife wasn't the best option though as I accidentally cut through the ponies' necks too deeply and completely broke the necks and the important parts that would allow the heads to be attached again afterwards. The most tragic part is probably that I had to glue the heads back on and now they both have dried glue dripping out of their necks. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, FuriousBlaze3000 said:

Is this topic about losing any kind of toy? or losing MLP toys?

I'd say MLP toys since this topic is in a MLP-themed section.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:40 AM, FuriousBlaze3000 said:

Is this topic about losing any kind of toy? or losing MLP toys?

Hello? anypony? hey? hey?

All toysss. 

On 12/23/2017 at 9:50 AM, Jaspers said:

These two instances were more just my own stupidity than anything, but the fates of my ponies were pretty tragic. When I was about 12, my friend wanted to check if her G3 pony was still clean on the inside by safely removing the head so it could still be attached afterwards. I wanted to do the same with my G3 Coconut Cream and G1 Confetti. Using a carpet knife wasn't the best option though as I accidentally cut through the ponies' necks too deeply and completely broke the necks and the important parts that would allow the heads to be attached again afterwards. The most tragic part is probably that I had to glue the heads back on and now they both have dried glue dripping out of their necks. :wacko:

I'd say MLP toys since this topic is in a MLP-themed section.

I feel bad but I laughed out loud. Omg. But you were young, so shit happens. I mean how many kids cut the hair of their dolls. 
I cut a lot of my ponies hair. So much regret. Going to reroot them in the near future. SO I will have to get their head off as well. haha

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-12-20 at 11:48 PM, Cyberkiyo said:

I was like the perfect pony mom , so I took her everywhere... Except for school. So when I left, I tucked her in my bed with a blanket and her head on my pillow and kissed her goodbye.
Then one day we got this cleaning lady. She was... special. Not only she drunk and ate like half what was in or basement and cupboards, but she was also very aggressive with out stuff. 
So one day I got home, and I couldn't find my baby pony (idk how she is called in English). I kept asking my mom if she has seen it, but she didnt. I searched and searched for hours and then... I found her thrown by my other toys, with her neck 90° twisted as if it was snapped and her eyes half open. I tried to turn it back and tested if she still talked. But only screeching sounds game out and her neck only moved a few mm back and forth. Crying I went to my mom to ask her if she could fix it. But nothing could be done. My baby pony died...

A week later we asked the cleaning lady if she touched it and if she accidentally twisted it. She simply replied, she threw it on the floor with the other toys and that I should grow up and clean my bed better.

The End 

@Cyberkiyo That was a touching tragic storry, thanks for sharing it !

I know that we have one of these ponies stuffed away on the attic somewhere. And I know for sure it was in working condition then. Maybe I should go searching for her, poor litle pony all alone in the dark, put away from her owner, to suffer alone lika Luna bannished to the moon for a thousend years or so.....

I can´t remind me of any broken toys that I miss from my childhood, not right now at least. It´s more of pets that died that I remeber as hard memmories. I have always been a Fluttershy pony with all types of animals :) 

• 1 month later...

I had a few but there's two that struck a cord to me. This is kind of a long one. ^^;

First story

I won this really cool looking headband that has hearts(or was it stars? I can't remember) antenna at a Kindergarten for some game we were playing(I think it was a memory game or spelling, it was so long ago) and I was so excited as I never won anything like that before. After Kindergarten was over, I was taken to the other pre school to stay for the rest of the afternoon because my mother was a single parent at a time and it was a year after she divorced my narcissist ex dad(I rather not talk about that). She had to work long hours at a nail salon to make ends meet so she had to rely on a pre school that allows kids of divorced parents to stay there till they can pick us up.

So me and the few of my classmates went to a small bus to take us to the other school. After an hour being there, I took out my prize to show it to my classmates and 'friends'(I was a dumb five year old kid who trusted other kids too easily and thought were trustworthy) because why not? Well, one of my 'friends'(it was a little bratty blonde haired mullet boy) took my headband to get a closer look then he got up, ran towards to the fence(we were outside at the playground), and threw my prize over to the woods. I got upset at him and went towards the teacher(who was watching it by the way) to tell her what happened and if she can get it back. Well, she refused to do anything, just blames me for it and go back playing with my 'friends'.

I think I told my mom about it but I don't think she did anything about it as she was too exhausted from work and hasn't seen the prize that I won. What's worse is that I never got a chance to wear it(it was in plastic bag). :(

Second story

This one is the one I remembered the most and it still pisses me off to this day.

I was seven(or eight) years old and was at the church school for the summer day camp(not a Vacation Bible School). The teachers there are great except one(which I would get to soon) and it was not like any other church summer school, it was the best one there is. They have billiards, darts, board games, ping pong table, air hockey table, TV's, jump ropes, hula hoops, and many cool stuff that would make any kid feel like they died and gone to heaven(pun not intended). They also do this really cool field trips like going to a movie theater(as long they're PG or G rated movies), roller skate rink, parks, etc.

One day, the field trip we were going is The Rapids which is a small water park in Riviera Beach(it was small back then but today, it is huge!) and it was my first time going there. I had forgotten we were going that day because I brought my what I thought it was My Little Pony toy to show it to my friends who were collecting My Little Pony. We all put ours in our cubbies since we do not want to bring it with us as we feared we would lose it at the park. All of our classmates were there and we had a very good time at the park.

Sadly, when we got back, my friends and I went to our cubbies to get our stuff. My pony was missing from my cubbie! I was upset so me and my friends helped me to look for it. We checked the floors to see if it fell out, no luck. We checked their cubbies and everyone else, no luck either. I never found it again and I know it's none of my classmates as we were all there and the room was closed off from one side where we can't get to. It has the other door where it leads to other classroom and this one is filled with younger kids. I suspected it was one of them as the door to their side was unlocked and one of those brats must likely snuck in there and took my pony while the teacher wasn't looking. I tried telling one teacher about it but once again, like the one from preschool, she refused to do an investigation and blames me for 'loosing' it despite my friend's protests that they saw me putting it there before we left.

My pony, which I named her Rainbow, is actually a Remco pony(I did not know about fakie ponies from the real ones because no Internet to tell us back then). She had a yellow body with rainbow hair and was wearing a rainbow charm necklace.Here's a pic of what she looks like.

So what did I learn from all this? One, is that some kids are greedy little assholes who will take your stuff and never give it back and turned out that they're not good 'friends' after all.

Two, some teachers are not always reliable and blames you for the cause of their bad behavior. If I never bought in my favorite toys, none of this would have happened(because you know, victim blaming and all). Since then, I have learned to never show anyone of my favorite toys nor share with them. And mom wonders why I refused to 'share' my special toys to new kids.

• 4 months later...
On 12/20/2017 at 2:48 PM, Cyberkiyo said:

The End 

Okay, I'm sorry this happened to you, Cyberkiyo, and I'm sure it was as tragic as you've advertised. But the way you told the story is highly amusing. xD RIP Baby Pony. :p I'm glad you could recall this memory with some humor.

I don't recall any broken toy stories myself, but I did peel the window stickers off of someone else's model airplane when I was little. Whoops.

• 4 weeks later...

The saddest MLP toy mishap for me was when my mom made me give away some of my ponies, including G3 Mail Order ponies that weren't available in stores. As for other toys, I had a plush dalmatian I brought to my friend's house. I dropped it in my sleep and my friend's dog ripped it to pieces. My mom couldn't find an exact replacement. 

When I was 7-9 I collected the 1983/1984 Care Bears/Cousins. I had 10 bears and 4 cousins. I got lice when I was 9 I got lice and since my Care Bears were all permanent fixtures on my bed, they immediately got washed... in hot water. They were all mangled and squished and the fur was singed. 2/3 of them were not salvageable. I was mortified. Those toys were already 20 years old when I was collecting them. Only my favorite, Grumpy Bear, got replaced. I've tried my best to keep the fond memories I had of receiving and playing with them.