Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Longtime Forumgoer, Writer, and Storyteller

Standard User

Legends say I started an Ask Me thread many years ago. Those legends are true. But also the legends end way too abruptly and, by Jove, I like talking about myself.

Ask away. I have a lot of stories and experiences since I first came to the Forums back in 2012 -- some here on the site, others out there in the wide and wild world. I have dozens of story and novel ideas, not to mention world travelings, fraternity mishaps, and love found-and-lost stories...plenty to keep you youngin's (read: like, a few years younger than me, if that) busy.

Whew. Feels good to be back on the Forums. :D

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Snowflurry said:

What was 2012 like here?

Whew. You're starting off with a difficult question for an old man (21!) :lol:

Um, it wasn't horribly different from ~2014 -- just fewer people overall. To be honest, I wasn't super active in my first few months here, if I remember correctly. But the site's roleplay section was definitely different (no Empire, for instance), and the forumgoers seemed to be a LOT more active than they are now. Art shops, writing threads, and oddly specific topics about the show sprang up and took off like wildfires.

Oh, and ~Chaotic Discord~ was around in basically every thread. Good guy.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Looks like I have you beat by a couple of months! I, too, was here in 2012, and then went inactive for a long while. With the movie coming out, I felt like catching up on episodes, and season 7 got me hooked on ponies again. That's why I basically "joined the herd" a second time. It's a different fandom now (in most ways, better), but it's nice to see "old-timers" too!

Anywho, my question is... Were you ever a member of the Friendship is Magic forums? I seem to remember those were THE forums back in the early days. But something happened, and there was basically a mass migration to these forums (myself included). I totally can't remember what happened. Dug up my old profile, and it's still there, but all my posts are gone. Do you remember it?

Did you make your avatar yourself? Either way, it's adorable!

5 hours ago, Kolth said:

Um, it wasn't horribly different from ~2014 -- just fewer people overall.

For some reason I'm oddly interested about how the site layout looked back then. :ooh:

9 hours ago, MontagnaMagica said:

Anywho, my question is... Were you ever a member of the Friendship is Magic forums? I seem to remember those were THE forums back in the early days. But something happened, and there was basically a mass migration to these forums (myself included). I totally can't remember what happened. Dug up my old profile, and it's still there, but all my posts are gone. Do you remember it?

Don't think I was! There was one forum I joined before coming here, and there was maybe, like, three dozen active users? Did some quick searching and these Forums were my next (and last) stop.

7 hours ago, Nature Tune said:

Why do you call yourself old if youre 21? I mean, I may be younger, but twenty one is still young :P 

what kind of stories do you write?

do you write fanfictions?

Because, ya' darn kids, I've seen a lotta stuff in my time! Plus my knee gives out randomly and I have an unnatural love for Denny's breakfasts. ^_^

I write a little of everything, save the far-flung genres like horror, "mature," etc. And you bet I write fanfictions. I've had a lot of ideas stuck in my head for years, but now that I'm quasi-back, I might as well try fleshing a few of them out. If you want to see my writing style, check out my FiMFiction profile in my signature below.

4 hours ago, Jaspers said:

Did you make your avatar yourself? Either way, it's adorable!

For some reason I'm oddly interested about how the site layout looked back then. :ooh:

Nah, the avatar is from The Oatmeal, a really good webcomic about stuff and things. I should probably change my avatar to one of my OC's or something, huh.

The site layout was basically the same! Back then, a lot of sub-forums weren't around, and the user profiles looked MUCH different. None of this "tabs" nonsense that we have now. Bah. I want my Denny's.

17 minutes ago, Kolth said:

Don't think I was! There was one forum I joined before coming here, and there was maybe, like, three dozen active users? Did some quick searching and these Forums were my next (and last) stop.

Because, ya' darn kids, I've seen a lotta stuff in my time! Plus my knee gives out randomly and I have an unnatural love for Denny's breakfasts. ^_^

I write a little of everything, save the far-flung genres like horror, "mature," etc. And you bet I write fanfictions. I've had a lot of ideas stuck in my head for years, but now that I'm quasi-back, I might as well try fleshing a few of them out. If you want to see my writing style, check out my FiMFiction profile in my signature below.

Nah, the avatar is from The Oatmeal, a really good webcomic about stuff and things. I should probably change my avatar to one of my OC's or something, huh.

The site layout was basically the same! Back then, a lot of sub-forums weren't around, and the user profiles looked MUCH different. None of this "tabs" nonsense that we have now. Bah. I want my Denny's.

Sure!

4 hours ago, Snowflurry said:

Do you #RespectWomen?

Do you like memes?

Are you funky fresh?

I respect everyone!

I can appreciate a good meme. Not sure what my current favorite(s) are...but I'm a sucker for the classics.

If my dance moves are any indication...no. No I am not. :P

• Brohoof 1