Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We upgraded the forums! And broke things!

DDR

2 hours ago, Nature Tune said:

I can’t paste anything. How woukd I post a video? 🤔🤔

Maybe add attachment by clicking the "choose files…" link at the bottom of the editor might work.

1 minute ago, Jaspers said:

Absolutely, it's kind of inconvenient not to be able to see it. Also a few of the reaction images seem to be broken, at least for me. :ooh:

Yeah; same here. @Feld0 is working on it, but we're not sure what's causing the issue yet.

• Brohoof 3

My reaction button is in the same spot as the old brohoof button, but it is invisible until I tap it.

That might help @Foxy Socks's predicament. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. You can react, but the button might not show up for everyone, depending on the device being used.

Edit: I can't find the reaction button at all for status updates.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 5

I think the frown descriptor might be changable to something more empathy driven, the sad face is still salvageable, especially useful if someone posts something rather poignant or sad. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really enjoying the changes. I liked the old brohoofing system more. Now it is unclear how to use it. :dashcutehat:

What does an icon mean? What is that blue thing or the theecup?

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, ChB said:

or at least let the type of reaction appear in our notifications. 

I agree with this.

I'm getting kinda anxious now whenever I get a notification because I don't know if people "liked" my post or not.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, DDR said:

Ah. Thank you. Yes, that makes sense.

Honestly? Maybe. 😬 I'm not that familiar with the forum software yet, but we'll see what can be done.

You raise some good points. Thank you.

One solution to the frown reactions problem we were considering was to simply remove the negative reactions entirely. It is a blunt yet effective approach, don't you think? ^_^

-----

Anyway, I'm going to have to get some rest now. Catch y'all later!

Let it be known that I would like to hoof this for you at least trying to fix the character pages, but can't as mobile view has some things broken as of this writing. So sorry. :(

Also can't hoof or see anything like new reactions if they're even there. Secondly please remove negative reactions entirely, if you would. It's not condusive IMHO.

And post count/when a post was made is mashed together in this view

40 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

My reaction button is in the same spot as the old brohoof button, but it is invisible until I tap it.

That might help @Foxy Socks's predicament. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. You can react, but the button might not show up for everyone, depending on the device being used.

Edit: I can't find the reaction button at all for status updates.

OMG it's invisible! That's way inconvenient lol but thanks for telling this! 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Also can't hoof or see anything like new reactions if they're even there.

The default image isn't loading. But they are there if you tap the right spot. 

Screenshot_20171221-135427.thumb.png.f44900a2d9d92431cb9187c066a03978.png

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, ChB said:

I agree with @Fennekin, @SparklingSwirls, and @The Cerberus on this.

If we’re not going to bring back the old brohoof system, then please take out the “frown” option, or at least let the type of reaction appear in our notifications. 

Please do. Bring back the old system. I dont want to become instagram where people only express their emotions with emojis.bring back the older system, theres no need for changes.

if it aint broke, dont fix it. One brohoof is fine, we dont need 30 ways to react to a post.

• Brohoof 3

26 minutes ago, Hieroklicious said:

I'm not really enjoying the changes. I liked the old brohoofing system more. Now it is unclear how to use it. :dashcutehat:

The blue thing is Dash's hoof. The teacup is based on Trixie's teacup transfiguration lesson. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The default image isn't loading. But they are there if you tap the right spot. 

Screenshot_20171221-135427.thumb.png.f44900a2d9d92431cb9187c066a03978.png

Yup I found it, but just need to kinda guess where it is for now and some of the responses are broken images for me. Not happy about negative ones being there, but it's probably being worked on :)

Oh yeah and you can also see how the post count and time is mashed together for me.

Screenshot_20171221-135953.jpg

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Fennekin said:

Please do. Bring back the old system. I dont want to become instagram where people only express their emotions with emojis.bring back the older system, theres no need for changes.

if it aint broke, dont fix it. One brohoof is fine, we dont need 30 ways to react to a post.

This was a concern when we increased emoji's back in 2014 and 2015. This concern never materialized then and there is no reason to suspect it will change now. Have faith in your fellow forum users. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jeric said:

This was a concern when we increased emoji's back in 2014 and 2015. This concern never materialized then and there is no reason to suspect it will change now. Have faith in your fellow forum users. 

Jeric, after 2013 my faith in other people is long gone.

we can have emojis, sure. But why do we need twenty "reactions" for posts?

The brohoof system is much easier. Its a"hey, this guy liked my content!" Now i have to play a guessing game every time i see the "user reacted to so and so"

and with socially anxious users (hello) its very stressful. Bring back the brohooves, they worked fine. No need to fix something that isnt broken.

• Brohoof 7

23 minutes ago, Fennekin said:

Now i have to play a guessing game every time i see the "user reacted to so and so"

This is something I would like to see changed. Notifications should include what the reaction is.

• Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, meme said:

This is something I would like to see changed. Notifications should include what the reaction is.

Or we can make it back to the earlier system.

we dont need overcomplications of liking, meme. Make it simple. You see content you like, you give it a brohoof, end of story.

• Brohoof 4

19 minutes ago, Fennekin said:

we dont need overcomplications of liking, meme. Make it simple. You see content you like, you give it a brohoof, end of story.

I don't really see how it's overcomplicated, and at least with me, it won't change much. If the other reactions aren't available, then I'd probably just brohoof it anyway.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Hieroklicious said:

The confusion+only Brohoof actually giveth a "Like", others don't affect thy reputation.

18 minutes ago, Fennekin said:

Actually, @Fennekin hath a point. Better isn't always unnecessarily complex.

And current issue stayeth - the default image is not showing - it's a pain in the flank aka pixelhunting (after the invisible pixels) to find the place to tap on both PC and mobiles.

• Brohoof 5

19 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I don't really see how it's overcomplicated, and at least with me, it won't change much. If the other reactions aren't available, then I'd probably just brohoof it anyway.

It simply causes more confusion. Itz simply a matter of "why" such a change was added. Personally, i dont see why the like system needs a revamp, the brohooves were much simpler, easy to use, and you didnt have to go hunting to find it.

18 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

The confusion+only Brohoof actually giveth a "Like", others don't affect thy reputation.

Actually, @Fennekin hath a point. Better isn't always unnecessarily complex.

And current issue stayeth - the default image is not showing - it's a pain in the flank aka pixelhunting (after the invisible pixels) to find the place to tap on both PC and mobiles.

Exactly. Now, dont get me wrong, i like new ideas, i like it when people try new things, but i dont like it when updates cause more problems then theyre meant to solve.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, we're not entirely sure *why* it's being whited out like that yet. We're still trying to find the code that's doing it. I think it's some kind of 'auto-fade' that's gotten over-enthusiastic.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, PinkiePie97 said:

That part I agree with. They should be able to fix it. Equestria Daily has the same version of IPB and it isn’t invisible there.

I mean, since we live in a society where we can make two ideas come together to make something beautiful, let me throw some oddballs and see if something hits back.

-the current reaction system would be decreased to three/four main reactions, the brohoof, happy, scared, or sad. 

-the part is made so its actually visable

(possibly optional) make it so people can see what reaction a user has shown.

• Brohoof 1