Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tails of Equestria Video Game Edition

supersonicfan91

Hello I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to play tabletop RPG's with friends but some might not have time or be interested in playing (or have trouble getting a group) which is why I thought up the following idea what if we take the game and make a video game version of it.

but I know I can't do this project alone so that's why I am looking here for people who want to help make this idea a reality and on the side play the actual game to see if we got the feel right now this project is currently a team of two myself and my friend MeiMaze we are trying to make this in rpg maker MV and follow the tabletop rules as closely as possible.

So what we are looking for is the following

a scriptwriter who can make custom plugins to help the game run properly

and a Animator to make the in game animation for the in game Talents (basically skills in most games) and overworld cutscenes (hopefully full 2D animation bits but more than likely will just be in-game engine)

MeiMaze will be a sprite maker marking any sprites we need link to her here https://mlpforums.com/profile/42989-meimaze/

as for me I'm acting as director and event planner and every thing in the planned game is just the official adventures right now (the pet predicament, curse of the statuettes, and festival of lights) and put in a way more can enjoy and have access to

We will all stay in contact through skype and share files through dropbox to keep the files in sync as possible you will get our skype address if you get the position we might need more help later but as of now I believe this is all we will need 

will update where to grab when and if we release a demo/full game

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the game or MLP in anyway this is a fan project to help those who may not have time or a way to play the table top version not intend for profit or stealing to play without buying the actual game books I want the original to be supported which is way decided to make this offer position of guest writer you just have to write down an adventure or campaign (make sure it is written as a tabletop form and not solely for a video game i feel if you write it that way you'll limit yourself while writing it out) and you’ll get your own version if the main one gets finished and others are happy with it

Edit: If you want to check up on the project look here for more info

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y0oKBP6TROe2OFAiCkEpYRGgeAJDPGV6mnX4RHOB2m8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by supersonicfan91

Well, that'd be interesting to see & play though, I'm same as a developer and I'm working on my D&D x MLP project but I'm using RMVA so I can't help you sadly since they changed the scripting language from Ruby to JS for some reason.

But I have created some frames for that mechanics-heavy RPG, I can help you with that if you need

Good luck anyway ;)

6 minutes ago, Compeador said:

Well, that'd be interesting to see & play though, I'm same as a developer and I'm working on my D&D x MLP project but I'm using RMVA so I can't help you sadly since they changed the scripting language from Ruby to JS for some reason.

But I have created some frames for that mechanics-heavy RPG, I can help you with that if you need

Good luck anyway ;)

thanks for the support in order to get a better feel for the actual game though did you want to join the party (the actually tabletop game) this would help get the feel right in game on how everything works mechanically 

5 minutes ago, supersonicfan91 said:

thanks for the support in order to get a better feel for the actual game though did you want to join the party (the actually tabletop game) this would help get the feel right in game on how everything works mechanically 

Although I would love to, but my IRL situation won't allow me to do that because in my experience that will take a lot of time and unfortunately I'm quite busy these months so I don't even have time to 100% concentrate on my own project, or the other I have participated, so all I need is a rule book, some TRPG demo/record then I can figure out how it works.

So the help I can give ya is the "programming framework" in RPG Maker, I dare to say I'm an expert in RMVA, and I have a copy of RMMV and their differences won't be to much. But TBH I'm yet to learn JS so I can't help you do the actual programming, at most transfer the ideas into ruby code, which is implementable RMVA for now. The most important thing in programming is the idea and the "pseudo code" so if you have experience coding in RMMV, it won't be too difficult to transform the RMVA code to RMMV

1 hour ago, Compeador said:

Although I would love to, but my IRL situation won't allow me to do that because in my experience that will take a lot of time and unfortunately I'm quite busy these months so I don't even have time to 100% concentrate on my own project, or the other I have participated, so all I need is a rule book, some TRPG demo/record then I can figure out how it works.

So the help I can give ya is the "programming framework" in RPG Maker, I dare to say I'm an expert in RMVA, and I have a copy of RMMV and their differences won't be to much. But TBH I'm yet to learn JS so I can't help you do the actual programming, at most transfer the ideas into ruby code, which is implementable RMVA for now. The most important thing in programming is the idea and the "pseudo code" so if you have experience coding in RMMV, it won't be too difficult to transform the RMVA code to RMMV

ok then if that's all just say if you have time the PM me and you will get a link to the dropbox file the game is in we don't even have the pony sprites in it yet so it might be a while before anything major happens in it