Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scariest Gaming Moment?

Nightfall Gloam

I don't play horror games. I don't like horror.

The scariest moments in any games I have played are Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. OOT had those redeads which were scary back in the day. Twilight Princess, having much more detailed graphics, has some really scary looking undead creatures. I did not like Arbiter's Grounds even if the weapon and the boss fight are really fun.

BOTW not having too many scary creatures is a godsend. I don't want any of that stuff.

More recently, I did not like going into the darker areas in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (like when you'd go in a tomb, or an underground area). Thankfully this game is more grounded in reality so there are no scary undead creatures waiting around the corner, but just being in the dark in that realistic looking game scares me.

• 10 months later...

The Sith Emperor from Star Wars:  The Old Republic, who takes control of someone's body.  That itself is topped with him draining all life energy from Ziost, resulting in a world with nothing but gray:maud: and huge creeping :glimmer:rock-crumbling noises:lostit:  

Dead Space as a whole. I played horror games for the first time. (Not counting Dino Crisis as a kid, because dinosaurs are cute.) Those alien creatures could appear at any time, always crawling through the vents. The game was all about noises, I was always paying attention, it was always intense. There are very loud areas, loud machines... Those areas were even more intense, because I couldn't hear anymore if an enemy approaches from behind. Always looking back and forth. The game makes you paranoid, haha.

Near the end there was a safe spot and even one alien appeared there. This actually didn't scare me, because I always anticipated it. :please: But I can't play such games more than 30 minutes, unless I completely turn off my emotions. :coco:

Queen Vanessa in A Hat in Time. The happy-go-lucky platformer transforms into a horror game for one level and Jesus Christ it really takes you by surprise.

• 1 month later...

I don't really play horror games, but there was a time I got spooked on deep rock galactic. It was when the update for detonators came out, and their spawn rate was a bit high. I was moving with the team through a tunnel that led out to a large cave. No one heard it but there was a detonator on the Cliffside below us that attacked and nearly squad wiped us. I jumped my seat not expecting it :ButtercupLaugh:

Scariest gaming moment for me was definitely the first time a wallmaster grabbed me in Ocarina of Time. My brother screamed and I was filled with fear, but in retrospect it was actually kind of funny XD