Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why the change from Brohoof to reacted?

Azureth

Because brohoof is not the only reaction anymore. :P 

Recent updates introduced reaction system, where more actions can be set. It's not just like or dislike (MLPF didn't use that) anymore. You can react in other ways, by giving a smile instead of a brohoof, for example. I jokingly reacted to your post now - it can't say I've brohoofed your post, as I did something else. :derp: The system stacks all of these reactions into one notification by saying "x has reacted to your post".

Otherwise it would have to say:
"x has brohoofed your post"
"x has teacuped your post"
"x has thanksed your post"

"x has shruged your post"

and so on - now all of these are just reactions stacked into one notification.

I believe it would be possible to split that into parts - "brohooves" and "reactions", but that would mean having separate, thus receiving more notifications for that.

• Brohoof 3

It's a new social feature that the software makers added to Invision Power Board. When MLPF upgraded to the new version, they got the feature. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

I believe it would be possible to split that into parts - "brohooves" and "reactions", but that would mean having separate, thus receiving more notifications for that.

Not without some modification to the software :( 

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, LadyMercury said:

Not without some modification to the software :( 

Heh, I thought so. :twi:

Either way these reaction notifications aren't an issue for me. Actually I think, that having these stacked like it is now is better, than having it separated.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked