Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What's your opinion about season 8?

FirePuppy

After secretly noticing what we're getting in Season 8, I suddenly have some terrible news about it.

I found out that for the first time EVER, Pinkie Pie's only getting TWO episodes in that whole 26-episode season, and so will Fluttershy. Worse yet, both of Pinkie's episodes only focus on herself, and Fluttershy is sharing both of hers with another Mane Six pony she's already had some with. And most of the rest of the Mane Six are all getting more episodes than both of them, again.

So even though we know this season's theme will be about the School of Friendship, it's gonna be below average to me at most, and chances are, I won't get to see my two favorite ponies for most of it. :(

But I also have some good news. After 4 seasons in a row, we're finally getting no RariJack episodes this season. I'm glad about that.

And even though the show will run for at least nine seasons, we all should learn that not everypony will get everything they need. Pinkie Pie probably won't ever get an episode with the CMCs, but luckily, in Equestria Girls, she was the only girl to ever interact with them in their only episode of that whole series. Don't also forget that Spike was a main character in a Pinkie Pie episode as well (Feeling Pinkie Keen). And Fluttershy at least got that Happy Birthday video she and Pinkie made, as well as the episode Buckball Season and the Steps of Pep short. Plus, there's been a few Fluttershy episodes where Pinkie was a main character, such as Putting Your Hoof Down. And finally, Spike will probably never get an episode with Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash, either ('cause for what I know, he's certainly not getting one with either of them in Season 8), even though we all expected him to have one.

All it all, I'm gonna try to keep my hopes up when the season itself gets released. And these are my last words I'm ever going to say about it, I promise.

Edited by FirePuppy

So today I wanna talk about season 8,so I think some of you saw the MLP season 8 videos,animated,with voice and intro without backround sound,if the episode 11 has been uploaded on youtube,I think in march all the episode will come on ytb,does this means the season will come earlier,the release date is on May 25, 2017.]I heard about this, Tyrek will return,he will appear in the last episode of the season oh and Chrysalis has appeared in the first episode of the season,so I think this is a think.On the intro I saw some species that are not ponies yet like a changeling or a dragon,I think you know what does it means.

What do you think about this season?

tumblr_modksoK4d01rthxy9o1_400.gif

20 minutes ago, RainbowFluffle said:

I heard about this, Tyrek will return,he will appear in the last episode of the season oh and Chrysalis has appeared in the first episode of the season,so I think this is a think.On the intro I saw some species that are not ponies yet like a changeling or a dragon,I think you know what does it means.

Episode 13 spoiler:

Spoiler

Does she make two cameos this season? I think they have another story for the premier seeying Chryssy shows up in episode 13 and probably in the finale. ;)

I’ve only seen one of the leaked episodes,

Spoiler

The Parent Map, the Starlight and Sunburst episode. I thought it was decent, 8/10, though I don’t think it’s as good as Uncommon Bond. I admit I was expecting a bit more emotion over Starlight meeting her father, but I guess they had already met up after her redemption, so what we got was fine.

There were a couple things that stood out to me. Why is Sunburst’s mother back in the village? When did she move back? When Sunburst flunked out of Celestia’s school, How old was he, and why didn’t they just move back then? Either Sunburst somehow managed to stay in the school almost into adulthood, or his family just decided to keep him in Canterlot instead of going home. Either those, or Starlight ran away from home as a very young filly.

Which brings us to Starlight leaving home. The way Firelight mentions her leaving and Starlight’s reaction to him bringing it up, it looks like whatever it was that made her want to leave her home was serious enough that it left a huge impact on both of them. Not to mention Starlight brings up her past mistakes immediately after. I’m hoping that whatever it was that happened, we are going to see it in season eight, maybe in the premier, and that this doesn’t end up being yet another “more questions than answers” moment about Starlight’s past.

Edited by ShootingStar159

Well, I have only seen small portions of the mean 6, and surf\turf, but they both seem really good. I heard that the spokespeople was excellent and that horse play was good to. The episode i have seen the most of us the breakup breakdown. Which I thought was really really good, a fantastic follow-up to both dungeons and discord and hard to say anything. They direction they have taken big Mac in since season 5 has been just great. I am sure it will be one of my favorites of the season.

I have a big list of thoughts but to summarize, I think season 8 looks really good.

I just watched two of these leaks (ep 8 and 13) but from what i heard, people really like these leaks even without background sounds, so the season looks very promising, from the visual alone, they are great to watch. What i have seen so far are not that great, ep 8 is super meh (it featured my most favorite character hurt it even more) and ep 13 just look interesting at least. I didnt see the rest because the lack of sound effects may affect my enjoyment (like ep 13) so i will wait for official release. 

The best part of Season 8 so far is the new opening.

I'm doing my damndest not to touch any of the leaked episodes so I won't comment on them, but I have read the leaked synopses

Spoiler

"The Washouts" is my most hyped episode, sounds like the potential return for Lightning Dust/Wind Rider, as well as big growth for RD. But of course I'm gonna keep my expectations in checked as being this hyped for an episode has bit me in the ass in the past

As for the rest, there's a ton of great ones to look forward too, the one with Spike's "Dad" is my second most hyped, then "Horse Play" and there are lots of interesting episodes with pairings that need to be explored more like RariTwi, AppleShy and RariDash. Also "Grannies Gone Wild" has the potential to be one of the show's funniest episodes

Evidently I only remember a few of the episode titles :P

Edited by Kiryu-Chan

I'm gonna have to be honest here.  I...actually want Tirek to reform.  To be a total opposite of his G1 character.  Maybe in a way that reminds me of the Killing Joke's take on the Joker(Who, despite his evil intentions, is being troubled by his own past)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I'm gonna have to be honest here.  I...actually want Tirek to reform.  To be a total opposite of his G1 character.  Maybe in a way that reminds me of the Killing Joke's take on the Joker(Who, despite his evil intentions, is being troubled by his own past)

Well I definitely don't want him to reform, but I was thinking of ways they could do an in between and I think that it could work very well.

Spoilers for the season finale here

Spoiler

So we know the mane 6 will be trapped in Tartarus I think that instead of a revenge evil plot, Tirek will help them escape because he has his own goals and plans in Tartarus and doesn't want them getting in his way. So he helps them escape with classic hilarious villain hero back and forth comedy. After that the mane 6 are about to leave Tartarus and Tirek, not reformed but yet no longer pony satan, has respect for twilight

• Brohoof 1

I've seen all known leaked episodes, and I could say, all of then are good at worst, not standing out in a negative way, and two of them are among the best episodes of the series overall. These two being best Spike episode, and cuties episode

I saw the leaked episodes, too, and it's way too early to tell, but…

Spoiler

If the quality keeps up, it may end up being the best season of the show.

The worst episode, Non-Compete Clause, is nowhere nearly as awful as Fame, Owl's Well, or To Where. It's only a bad episode at the lowest. The other six are good.

In almost all seven leaked episodes, the biggest strength is the dialogue. It's a lot snappier, more organic, and more full of personality. Even the exposition isn't so bad, because clever dialogue masks it so well. In addition, there's a lot of visual storytelling, which really rounds out the characters more. The Parent Map, which I went after pretty hard partially for clumsy dialogue, was way better than I thought the second time around. The dialogue was way better than I originally thought and had many good moments.

To list the leaked episodes in order, from best to worst:

1. The Break Up Breakdown
  2. The Mean Six
  3. Surf and/or Turf
  4. Horse Play
  5. The Parent Map
  6. Molt Down
  7. Non-Compete Clause

• Brohoof 3

I've only seen one episode.

Spoiler

Horse Play. Episode #7. The one where Princess Celestia participates in a play that gives a bit of her backstory. And can't act at all, but Twilight doesn't want to tell Celestia and thus disappoint her. It's good. I'm not sure how the School of Friendship is going to show up, so not everything makes perfect sense, but it's got a lot of early-G4 charm.

And I love the new opening. I'm fine with the same old song, but it was time for something to change and I really like what they've done with the visuals.

Edited by Prospektlicious

One thing that surprised me was:

The fact that the movie is canon.

Surf and Turf was a good episode and gave a lovely look at how Seaponies/Hippogriffs live, which will probably lead to an upsurge of OCs for them

The other episode I've seen was Mean 6, which:

Made me despise Rarity even more since they gave us some character development where she doesn't pack a mountain of clothes and then went "Nah, she's still unable to survive a day without a lavish lifestyle" at the end of the episode

But if those episodes are any indication of the quality coming up, I'm glad MLP is stretching its legs a little more - albeit four seasons too late, IMHO

13 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

One thing that surprised me was:

Hide contents

The fact that the movie is canon.

Surf and Turf was a good episode and gave a lovely look at how Seaponies/Hippogriffs live, which will probably lead to an upsurge of OCs for them

The other episode I've seen was Mean 6, which:

Hide contents

Made me despise Rarity even more since they gave us some character development where she doesn't pack a mountain of clothes and then went "Nah, she's still unable to survive a day without a lavish lifestyle" at the end of the episode

But if those episodes are any indication of the quality coming up, I'm glad MLP is stretching its legs a little more - albeit four seasons too late, IMHO

Another surprise worth mentioning is:

Having a clear huge timeskip-mid season, AND EVEN BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF IT.  Hard to believe that at least 8 months passed already between  the premiere and Non-Compete Clause. Plus Spike getting wings, and that Chrysalis will return after the animatic episode, which is in fact the mid season. HELL, THE MANE6 AND STARLIGHT DIDN'T EVEN FIND OUT SHE WAS THERE

I saw all the leaked episodes 6-11 and 13, and there are all good at worst. The opening theme song looks amazing!

Most of the members above me already stated my thoughts, so for something new, I say:

I'm now most curious about the earlier episodes that will be premiering before the leaked batch

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Another surprise worth mentioning is:

Hide contents

Having a clear huge timeskip-mid season, AND EVEN BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF IT.  Hard to believe that at least 8 months passed already between  the premiere and Non-Compete Clause. Plus Spike getting wings, and that Chrysalis will return after the animatic episode, which is in fact the mid season. HELL, THE MANE6 AND STARLIGHT DIDN'T EVEN FIND OUT SHE WAS THERE

I wonder why Chrysalis didn't stick around and wait until the Mane 6 left before taking the Elements; she knows where the tree is now, at least, so...I guess she can do it later

Curse you, 22 minute airtime!

Bread Up Breakdown was incredibly

Surf or Turf was great from what I have seen of it, which is roughly half the episode

I have barely seen Mean 6 but I love having important mid season finales back like in season 5.

• 4 months later...

I know im getting some hate because of this comment, but i hate the new seasons. The old ones, those focused on the Main Six, knew how to palance episodes between each character, and there was NO new weird, and in some cases, spotlight stealing characters. These new episodes just seem to try to replicate all the other programs, those share the same kind of storyline. This new school is just one stupid try, to sell more and more toys. If this is going to continue like this, i think i will just abandon this show, and go back to those days, when this show was actually good. I personally hated Starlight Glimmer, when she joined this show was a 'friend'. Now this is just, wow. Why does every company need to ruin their shows, just because they're trying to earn more money, although, they really don't make that much more money out of it.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, aRcta said:

I know im getting some hate because of this comment, but i hate the new seasons. The old ones, those focused on the Main Six, knew how to palance episodes between each character, and there was NO new weird, and in some cases, spotlight stealing characters. These new episodes just seem to try to replicate all the other programs, those share the same kind of storyline. This new school is just one stupid try, to sell more and more toys. If this is going to continue like this, i think i will just abandon this show, and go back to those days, when this show was actually good. I personally hated Starlight Glimmer, when she joined this show was a 'friend'. Now this is just, wow. Why does every company need to ruin their shows, just because they're trying to earn more money, although, they really don't make that much more money out of it.

Hate to disagree, but I still think 4/6 of the Mane Six will have reached their end anyways after 8 out of 9 seasons, so why even bother having them take up a lot of appearance time when they've already had plenty of episodes especially with each other?