Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Was There No Making Christmas Merrier Event?

Denim&Venöm

Seems like every year that this forum has been up, there's been a making Christmas merrier event to raise funds for a cause. But there wasn't one this year. Why was that?

There also wasn't a Secret Santa event to coincide with it either. 

• Brohoof 6

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Seems like every year that this forum has been up, there's been a making Christmas merrier event to raise funds for a cause. But there wasn't one this year. Why was that?

There also wasn't a Secret Santa event to coincide with it either. 

Other than one year in 2013, it's been a holiday tradition. 

I actually volunteered my services to a few people on staff knowing it was around the corner, and considering I actually ran the event two years in a row. I figured a good community event would be well received. Anyway, I heard nothing back. Mentioned it again, and heard nothing back. 

Perhaps they had no plans, they didn't have enough volunteers, or they didn't have that singular individual to run it. It's a shame regardless of the reason. 

• Brohoof 6

I can only speculate for this year, but the likeliest culprits are lack of coordination, motivation, and volunteers. MCM has a lot of moving parts -- from organizing events to arranging milestone rewards -- which means the people (or person) responsible for the event have to begin making arrangements in advance. If no one is pushing the event internally, then it will fall to the wayside. This is arguably the Achilles' heel of Poniverse and most volunteer organizations: an event or department without an advocate beating the drum on its behalf often fails to go anywhere.

Although I was never very active in organizing MCM, I did like it a lot. Like you said, Denim, MCM simultaneously made MLPF feel festive and promoted great a cause. I hope it receives proper attention next year.

• Brohoof 6

Considering how it brought the community together so much last year, how much we made for a charitable cause, and how much fun I personally had, it is very disappointing to me that it was abandoned.

• Brohoof 7

I could answer some things here, from what I have gathered by asking around, but I will leave the explanations for why there was no MCM this year to the staff itself as only they can objectively answer that one  :applecutehat:

From what I gathered, there was supposed to be an MCM, but I guess it was not really planned, or it was only kept planned by pretty few people. Imean, my latest update was on the 18th of December and there were still plans I believe to try and make MCM happen (it would then probably be a very small one, or probably just be some kind of a Secret Santa event instead of a charity), but I guess the situation was just not a feasible one. 

Sometimes we just can't make it from Iceland over to Denmark where grandma lives for Christmas, no matter how much you try to make it work out. Flight canceled because of bad weather, more work got piled up or simply because you just didn't have the money for the plane ticket. 

s17.jpg

• Brohoof 4