Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask A Wannabe

Wannabrony

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I'm pretty sure it'll be either stay or go back to Hong Kong, but it probably wouldn't anywhere else. :) Everything from food to housing is extremely expensive in Hong Kong right now though, so if this keeps up I'll most likely stay. :D

Aw, but it's awfully lonely over here on the East Coast~! :P

Only joking! Regardless of what path you may chose, I wish you luck~! :grin:

2 hours ago, The Recherche said:

Aw, but it's awfully lonely over here on the East Coast~! :P

Only joking! Regardless of what path you may chose, I wish you luck~! :grin:

Are you planning to move anywhere when you grow up? Or will you stick to your area right now? :o

I know I'm kinda breaking the rules since this is where I'm supposed to only answer questions, not ask them. :D But I'll break the rules just once this time. :P

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hey, Wannabrony, haven't asked you (or, really anyone) anything in a while... I miss asking questions on threads like these.

Anyway, what is your favourite thing about your home country?

I think my favorite thing about my home country (which I'll just say is Hong Kong and not China, just to keep it simple.) is that there's a sense of community because everyone and everything is so densely packed together. We walked everywhere since we didn't have a car, and you get to know your neighborhood much more than here since everything is so far apart and you almost must get a car to survive. :P I also find life in Canada is a little more dull than what there is in Hong Kong.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Have you eaten Derpy's favorite food recently? :muffins:

Around 5 days ago I had two blueberry muffins, so if five days ago is recent to you, then yes! :D 

7 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

What is your #1 favourite food of all time?

Oh man, there are so many great choices! But my ultimate pick comes down to ramen, it has a bit of everything and all of it from the noodles, to the soup, to the eggs on top is just such a perfect balance when it's well made. :nom: I honestly can't blame myself for having it 4 times in my one-week trip to Tokyo a few years ago. :P All this food talk is making me hungry!

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Do you LEL, LUL or LOL? :muffins:

Depends on my mood, but usually I like to stick with the original, LOL! :D

6 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Sorry for more food questions, but, do you like any curry? 

And if so, what kind of curry do you like?

No worries, I like food questions! I like curry, but not extremely spicy. :nom: I enjoy Japanese curry on rice paired with chicken katsu, and sometimes Thai green curry with chicken, but I don't really like Indian curry too much. :)

• Brohoof 1

A wild brony appeared!

Hello! I thought I had a deep, thought provoking question thought up... But I forgot it :please:

So I'll just go with something simple and sweet: How're you doing today? :D

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

A wild brony appeared!

Hello! I thought I had a deep, thought provoking question thought up... But I forgot it :please:

So I'll just go with something simple and sweet: How're you doing today? :D

Remember to ask me that question again when it hits you again! :muffins: 

I'm not doing too bad! Just getting myself ready for a test tomorrow. :P I hope you're doing well too!

5 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hey, Wannabrony! ^^

What is your favourite kind of cake?

Hey Nightfall! :squee: 

I like a good strawberry cheesecake once in a while, like at least a good half a year. Those things are amazing, but extremely heavy as well. :adorkable:

Man, all this thinking about cake got me really hungry for cake right now. :D 

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Say @Wannabrony I've been hooked on this song lately and I was wondering if you think it's just as good as I do (I think it's great, I can't stop replaying it!) :twi:

I can see why someone likes this so much, it has a really nice flow to the rhythm that works really well! But unfortunately it's not really my style, I don't really like the part of the acoustic guitar. I don't like it as much as you do, but I have to admit it's not bad at all! ^_^ 

45 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

Remember to ask me that question again when it hits you again! :muffins: 

I'm not doing too bad! Just getting myself ready for a test tomorrow. :P I hope you're doing well too!

Hey Nightfall! :squee: 

I like a good strawberry cheesecake once in a while, like at least a good half a year. Those things are amazing, but extremely heavy as well. :adorkable:

Man, all this thinking about cake got me really hungry for cake right now. :D 

Oh, well, good luck on your test! I’m sure you’ll do great! ^_^

Oh! And I just remembered the question: You suddenly find yourself in Equestria, what do you do?

So original I know. I’m filled to the brim with originality. :P

10 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

Oh, well, good luck on your test! I’m sure you’ll do great! ^_^

Oh! And I just remembered the question: You suddenly find yourself in Equestria, what do you do?

So original I know. I’m filled to the brim with originality. :P

Thank you very much! I hope so! :D

I'll most likely just chat around with the locals and find out what's there for me to do. Maybe eat some equestrian food? The possibilities are endless! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Is Wii U Peeww? :eww::muffins:

I... don't know what that means. :derp: Sorry, but I searched that word on Google and nothing came back. :adorkable: But looking at the emotes and doing some inferring, yes! The Wii U is indeed Peeww.  :P

6 hours ago, Twilight-Sparkle17 said:

Hi Wannabebrony. My name's Twilight-Sparkle17 and I was wondering which pony you relate to the most.

Hey there! I would say the pony I relate to the most is... Pinkie. Though I say it's the pony I relate to the most, I don't think there are many similarities between me and her.. Seeing people/ponies happy make both of us happy, we tend to take things less seriously than we should, sometimes insecure, and making others happy make us smile too! (Though I'm not good at cheering others up or making them happy :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

So apparently I gathered from your good night message that you don't know who NF is...

How have you not heard of him he is one of the greatest rappers ever!!! :glimmer:

Lol jk I know most people have never heard of him. Why? Because he raps about real issues and doesn't curse, which makes it really hard for him to get attention, because the industry right now is pushing the more mainstream type of rap that you hear most often.

So without further ado, I thought I would share some of his songs and see what you think of them. He has a huge Eminem influence, which I'll bet you'll be able to hear.

This one really shows his talent:

Spoiler

This one really shows what the message of his music is about, what he calls being 'real':

Spoiler

This one is one of the most emotional raps I have ever heard (you may need tissues!): 

Spoiler

So sad. :(

And here is one from his latest album 'Perception':

Spoiler

So I guess my question would be, what did you think of all of them? Do you see how amazing he is? 

(Lol I just realized that is a lot of audio to go through. Maybe listen to them when you actually have the time. :derp:)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

So apparently I gathered from your good night message that you don't know who NF is...

How have you not heard of him he is one of the greatest rappers ever!!! :glimmer:

Lol jk I know most people have never heard of him. Why? Because he raps about real issues and doesn't curse, which makes it really hard for him to get attention, because the industry right now is pushing the more mainstream type of rap that you hear most often.

So without further ado, I thought I would share some of his songs and see what you think of them. He has a huge Eminem influence, which I'll bet you'll be able to hear.

This one really shows his talent:

Reveal hidden contents

This one really shows what the message of his music is about, what he calls being 'real':

Reveal hidden contents

This one is one of the most emotional raps I have ever heard (you may need tissues!): 

Reveal hidden contents

So sad. :(

And here is one from his latest album 'Perception':

Reveal hidden contents

So I guess my question would be, what did you think of all of them? Do you see how amazing he is? 

(Lol I just realized that is a lot of audio to go through. Maybe listen to them when you actually have the time. :derp:)

Okay, I finished typing the entire thing but it got corrupted and all of it was lost. :unamused: I spent 30 minutes on it too! Well, back to (re-)typing! :D

I think that reason why I've never heard of him because I guess rap just never really appealed to me. Whenever I turn on the radio and hear rap music, all I hear is "Sex sex sex copulation sex f**k sex b***h a** sex drugs sex drugs h** drugs sex". There's no substance and I rarely hear a rap song that has any real meaning to it, and so I just don't really listen to rap or anything mainstream much anymore. Of course there's is the occasional exception, but it's really rare nowadays. As of writing this sentence, I have not listened to any of the tracks. (This sentence is no longer true because this was before the remaining of this paragraph was erased) I'll listen to the first one now.

1. I'll be completely honest, I didn't really like it that much. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad by any means, I just usually like songs that are a bit more musical and this is didn't really have a lot of "music" in it. I will say that this is already a huge step-up from modern rap music, the lyrics behind this song has actual meaning to it, so it's much better.
  2. I already like this song a bit better than the first one, the opening had some music to it which I find is nice. This song talks about realistic everyday life struggles other than sex urges like most modern rap does nowadays. This song, in my opinion, is better than the first one, but not as great as the third one. (I can say that now since I've already typed this once.)
  3. Again, this song has a really nice piano opening so I think it's pretty good so far.  The song sounds like he really poured his heart out on this one and put a lot of effort into it. The cinematography in the video is also quite nice. The lyrics and the way he sings them makes it sound like he's actually really emotional about what he's singing about, which I think really speaks to the listeners as well. This song has me pretty emotional as well, and I think it's my favourite out of the four. 
  4. This song dealt with serious theme about growing up and genuine issues that he still deals with me, which I think the listener appreciates. I think this one leans towards pop a little bit more, which I'm not very fond of, but I think it's still nice because this song has a better message than other things I've listened to. I think rap music is a great platform for this type of message, of how life does throw curveballs at you.

In the end, I don't think I'm a huge fan right away. It's just not really my style, if you know what I mean. And I know I keep alluding to the fact that his music is so much better than modern rap music, but I say it because I just think the rap music that's popular now is pretty... terrible. This is an exception. Thanks for sharing this with me! :) 

And I'm sorry this took so long, my day is just really busy so far and the previous paragraph getting deleted didn't help either. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1