Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask A Wannabe

Wannabrony

7 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

Hey there! It's me, a nobody that sometimes comes onto the forums and then silently slings away back into the darkness.

Hey, you are someone to me. :fluttershy: I may not see you around very often, but I liked the few conversations we had before! ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

Be honored I've graced you with my presence, peasant!

I thought you just said you were a nobody. :toldya:

:P 

I'm just joking around... Of course I'm honoured to have you here! :squee:

10 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

...Oki joking aside, how are you doing? And uh, I guess I gotta ask an actual interesting question... Uhhhh, how do you motivate yourself to do things, and keep that motivation going?

I've been doing fine, not especially well but not bad either, I can't really complain! :) 

Oh, that's a tough question considering usually nothing motivates me to do anything. :please: Uh... I guess knowing that my friends and family have my back when I'm feeling down keeps me going, knowing that there are still people who care about me makes me want to continue on, to make their support worth it. :rarity: That's mostly why I try supporting other to the best as I could, because that tiny support might put a smile on their faces and can give them a boost on their journey.

Well, that response was much more sentimental and less funny than I anticipated it to be. :blink: Uh, I need to make up something for the lack of hilarity. Uhh... JOKE! (There we go. :proud:)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Wannabrony said:

Hey, you are someone to me. :fluttershy: I may not see you around very often, but I liked the few conversations we had before! ^_^ 

I thought you just said you were a nobody. :toldya:

:P 

I'm just joking around... Of course I'm honoured to have you here! :squee:

I've been doing fine, not especially well but not bad either, I can't really complain! :) 

Oh, that's a tough question considering usually nothing motivates me to do anything. :please: Uh... I guess knowing that my friends and family have my back when I'm feeling down keeps me going, knowing that there are still people who care about me makes me want to continue on, to make their support worth it. :rarity: That's mostly why I try supporting other to the best as I could, because that tiny support might put a smile on their faces and can give them a boost on their journey.

Well, that response was much more sentimental and less funny than I anticipated it to be. :blink: Uh, I need to make up something for the lack of hilarity. Uhh... JOKE! (There we go. :proud:)

Awwww, thank you. That honestly made my day that much better. :adorkable:

For that you get a... Uh...

Balloon :balloon:

Is that not a glorious balloon? So big... And red... And round... Mmmm balloon.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Actually, I'm not passed secondary school yet! I don't remember what it was like back in China, but at my age (14), I'm still just finished Grade 9. Or the third year in secondary school. :P

But your age and my age are the same, why? :mlp_wat:

13 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I had one performance in Drama class that I was really happy with. :squee: I placed the set, I was the leader of a group, I helped everyone stay on task and remember their lines, everything turned out pretty good! It was just a small assignment, but it was one that I was really happy with. ^_^

Ok, that's good.

What are your opinions about season 7 finale and season 8 opener?

Edited by Kevin Tang
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

But your age and my age are the same, why? :mlp_wat:

I have no idea, I think the education system in China is different from Canada. I have three more years to go before I can graduate from secondary school. :unamused:

7 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

What are your opinions about season 7 finale and season 8 opener?

I think the season 7 finale was pretty cool, since they brought back Starswirl and a bunch of characters, but the ending felt really rushed. But it's not bad of an episode by all means. The season 8 opener was pretty cool too, before the episode aired, I was really skeptical about the Friendship School idea and I was sure I wouldn't like it, but it was much better than I thought. I still didn't really love the episode, but it was actually not bad at all, I liked most of the new characters and we even got a pretty cool song! ^_^

19 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I have no idea, I think the education system in China is different from Canada. I have three more years to go before I can graduate from secondary school. :unamused:

Like you have 6 years of learning in secondary school? Wow! That will be a long time.

• Brohoof 1

You used to live in Hong Kong if I'm not mistaken and then you went and stay in Canada until today.

What is/are the difference(s) between the school and learning process between China and Canada?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Tang said:

You used to live in Hong Kong if I'm not mistaken and then you went and stay in Canada until today.

What is/are the difference(s) between the school and learning process between China and Canada?

Yup, you are completely correct about that! ^_^

I'd say the education system in Canada is a lot more hands-on than Hong Kong, and they try creating more experiences and interactions relating to the subject, rather than focusing on getting it in your head. That is both a good thing and bad thing, in my opinion, since it requires making some extra effort to memorize every little thing you did, or else you'll drag behind, but it's also more laid back, which I think is a good thing. I remember how much of a race going to school was back in Hong Kong, your constantly being compared to everyone else and I had to work until almost 11 pm at night everyday. :)

12 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

Yup, you are completely correct about that! ^_^

I'd say the education system in Canada is a lot more hands-on than Hong Kong, and they try creating more experiences and interactions relating to the subject, rather than focusing on getting it in your head. That is both a good thing and bad thing, in my opinion, since it requires making some extra effort to memorize every little thing you did, or else you'll drag behind, but it's also more laid back, which I think is a good thing. I remember how much of a race going to school was back in Hong Kong, your constantly being compared to everyone else and I had to work until almost 11 pm at night everyday. :)

Hmmm... Okay, that is quite similar to the schools in my country.

Now, I can believe that Asian education and western education are very different from each other.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, Kevin Tang said:

Now, I can believe that Asian education and western education are very different from each other.

Yeah, they have a completely different style, but some might prefer one over the other. Personally, I'm more about Western education than the Asian counterpart. There's just a lot less stress and pressure being put on you, they also value creativity a lot more, in my opinion. :)

On 7/24/2018 at 7:38 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

What is your most bizarre life story?

Well... I don't really know, actually! :adorkable: I live a rather dull life, but I'm sure I can think of a story if I dig long enough! :D

Hm... Okay, there's this one time back in Hong Kong, when my social skills were as good as a washing machine's, some kid in my class stole my pencil case and started throwing it around the class. Some other kids joined and I ran around the room to chase them, being slowest kid in class didn't help. I guess the teacher really hated me too, because she sure didn't do anything. But anyways, I was chasing the pencil case around, and one kid passes it back to the kid who started it all, and while I was chasing after him, he was too busy looking back at me and mocking me while he ran that he didn't watch he was running. He ended up knocking over a stack of desks that fell onto him. He almost passed out and said he felt really dizzy, and the school has to send him home. Of course, everyone blamed me for that, myself included, and I still feel pretty guilty to this day, though I kinda have the feeling that he was asking for it. :unamused:

I didn't realize that would be so long! :wacko: Anyways, there's my story, I hope you enjoyed it. :P

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Yeah, they have a completely different style, but some might prefer one over the other. Personally, I'm more about Western education than the Asian counterpart. There's just a lot less stress and pressure being put on you, they also value creativity a lot more, in my opinion. :)

It may looks less stressful but I'm a person who doesn't have that much of creativity. Maybe Asian education isn't so bad for people like me. :/

anyways, from your status update, I saw that you got thousands of notifications. The question is "Where did most of them come from? :ooh: Do you follow so many people? Do you follow so many threads? Or you're just very very very famous here, till many people mention you and give reactions to your posts everyday?" :fiery:

Just curious. ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

He ended up knocking over a stack of desks that fell onto him.

Lol lol lol lol lol! Karma got him! Take that loser. :yay: he really deserved that. :toldya:

Moral lesson : don't be a bully or you'll get what you deserve.

Of course, everyone blamed me for that, myself included, and I still feel pretty guilty to this day, though I kinda have the feeling that he was asking for it. :unamused:

Ok, so let me get this straight! You were the victim, but you got blamed for the thing you didn't do and felt guilty for it. :mlp_wat: Well :confused: That's weird. :sealed:

All I want to say is "Wow! That's a 10/10 justice you got there school. :mustache:"

Edited by Kevin Tang
  • Brohoof 1

The question is "Where did most of them come from? :ooh: Do you follow so many people? Do you follow so many threads? Or you're just very very very famous here, till many people mention you and give reactions to your posts everyday?" :fiery:

Just curious. ;)

My notifications came from... Time. It's all about time, I've been collecting them for almost a month! :P But I guess following a lot of people would help as well, since everyone loves posting status updates and that's a major source of where my notifications are from. :ooh: I'm not very famous here, honestly, I get only around two mentions per week, one from you and one from a boop thread. :D

Yeah, I wish I'm popular, but I'm not. Though I've got some friends who like me and I like them back, and that's enough for me! :squee:

Lol lol lol lol lol! Karma got him! Take that loser. :yay: he really deserved that. :toldya:

Moral lesson : don't be a bully or you'll get what you deserve.

Yeah, he was pretty much asking for it. :mlp_wat: I guess he also bullied me numerous times other than that one story, but it's the one I remember most because he had to be sent home. I never minded him bullying me though, just because I've grew numb to it back then. :adorkable:

And yeah, bullies have it coming for them. Don't become bullies, everyone. ^_^

Ok, so let me get this straight! You were the victim, but you got blamed for the thing you didn't do and felt guilty for it. :mlp_wat: Well :confused: That's weird. :sealed:

All I want to say is "Wow! That's a 10/10 justice you got there school. :mustache:"

Yep... At least it's over now, no more terrible teachers like those ones. I only remember one teacher that I liked back in Hong Kong, she was really nice and I even visited her last time I went back to Hong Kong. :kindness: But yeah, that school was a mess for me, though I was in the gifted class, everyone in that class treated me like dirt. :baconmane:

(edited)
2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

everyone in that class treated me like dirt. :baconmane:

Wow! Now I'm feeling very grateful that it didn't happen to me. :bedeyes:

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Yeah, he was pretty much asking for it. :mlp_wat: I guess he also bullied me numerous times other than that one story, but it's the one I remember most because he had to be sent home. I never minded him bullying me though, just because I've grew numb to it back then. :adorkable:

Hmmm... So, you're not annoyed at all back then? :mustache:

If I were you, I would talk to my parents(if the teacher refuses to care). Did you talk to your parents? If so, what was their reaction and what did they do when they knew?

Edited by Kevin Tang
  • Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Wow! Now I'm feeling very grateful that it didn't happen to me. :bedeyes:

You should be, those were not great times. :adorkable: I turned out fine though, so it must not have affected me too much. :D

9 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Hmmm... So, you're not annoyed at all back then? :mustache:

If I were you, I would talk to my parents(if the teacher refuses to care). Did you talk to your parents? If so, what was their reaction and what did they do when they knew?

I guess I was a bit annoyed, but I got completely used to it. It was like that starting all the way from Kindergarten, so I don't think I felt any worse in secondary school. :P 

I did talk to my parents about it, in fact, they knew from the very beginning. :) They didn't really know what to do though. They tried teaching me how to be better at socializing but that didn't work, and when everything else they came up with failed, we eventually gave up. :please: And in 2012, I moved to Canada, thinking I could start a new life, but I still got constantly bullied. I still didn't get annoyed by that since I had years and years of experience. But I finally made my first friend at school in 2015, and everything went uphill from there! I'm all good now, no one's bullying me anymore, I'm not bullying anyone, I'm just your average student with a few friends, but still a tiny bit awkward. :squee:

Did I fall asleep or something? :mlp_wat: How did I not see all these questions before? Well, time to get answering! :sneer: 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:44 PM, Califorum said:

Where were you before Canada?

Hong Kong! :P I lived there for half my life, so I really do have a strong connection with the place, I still wish to go back again one day. :) 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:44 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Favourite thing about Canada? 

I think I would have to say the environment around here, the weather is nice for the most part and the air is fresh! It isn't too hot in the summer and the winters are still bearable. ;) I do think it's great when I can just go out for a casual walk and sudden breeze just hits me, it's the best feeling. ^_^ 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:14 AM, Kevin Tang said:

From the fact that you aren't a closet brony anymore, "Have you ever go to BronyCon?" :o

I wish. :D I have never gone to BronyCon or any MLP conventions in my life, for a few reasons. First of all, I'm 14, secondly, none of the brony cons ever seem to land near where I live, lastly, if I travel to one it would cost way too much money, and I probably don't have so much on me. :adorkable: I would love to go to one, but seeing that the next BronyCon is going to be the last BronyCon, I don't think I'll ever get to go to one. :lie: 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I don't think I'll ever get to go to one.

So do I.

What am I thinking when I asked this question? Silly me... You're as old as me and going to the con will cost way too much. I should've thought more before I posted this.

• Brohoof 1

What am I thinking when I asked this question? Silly me... You're as old as me and going to the con will cost way too much. I should've thought more before I posted this.

Nah, you're all good for asking that question. :fluttershy: I have many friends who do go to conventions, so it's still pretty normal for my age to go to conventions. (Well, maybe not pony conventions) That person is just not me. :P

53 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

alright then, what do you 'wannabe' in the future?

First of all, great pun. :yay: Second of all... I have no idea. It's still my first year into high school, so I'm still working slowly up to a point where I figure out what I'm going to do for a living. :please:

Just now, Califorum said:

Hong Kong? Well that's most certainly interesting.

It certainly is, I loved it there. But with inflation, everything is expensive now. I don't think I want to live back there, but I would love to visit again some day.

• Brohoof 1