Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask A Wannabe

Wannabrony

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

Favourite school subject (If you have one)? Or least hated? :P 

Hands down, drama. No contest there. I love drama, it's a class where I get to have fun and make a fool out of myself in front of a class in the best way possible. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

How would you react if one walked past you wearing tan shoes with pink shoelaces, a polka dot vest, and a large Panama Hat with a purple hat band?

I would walk past him and stare at the sky or some random object to avoid eye contact, then after I pass him I'd turn around and look at his get up again. I'd think it's weird, but hey, they can wear whatever they want. :P

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

Okay, I finished typing the entire thing but it got corrupted and all of it was lost. :unamused: I spent 30 minutes on it too! Well, back to (re-)typing! :D

I think that reason why I've never heard of him because I guess rap just never really appealed to me. Whenever I turn on the radio and hear rap music, all I hear is "Sex sex sex copulation sex f**k sex b***h a** sex drugs sex drugs h** drugs sex". There's no substance and I rarely hear a rap song that has any real meaning to it, and so I just don't really listen to rap or anything mainstream much anymore. Of course there's is the occasional exception, but it's really rare nowadays. As of writing this sentence, I have not listened to any of the tracks. (This sentence is no longer true because this was before the remaining of this paragraph was erased) I'll listen to the first one now.

1. I'll be completely honest, I didn't really like it that much. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad by any means, I just usually like songs that are a bit more musical and this is didn't really have a lot of "music" in it. I will say that this is already a huge step-up from modern rap music, the lyrics behind this song has actual meaning to it, so it's much better.
  2. I already like this song a bit better than the first one, the opening had some music to it which I find is nice. This song talks about realistic everyday life struggles other than sex urges like most modern rap does nowadays. This song, in my opinion, is better than the first one, but not as great as the third one. (I can say that now since I've already typed this once.)
  3. Again, this song has a really nice piano opening so I think it's pretty good so far.  The song sounds like he really poured his heart out on this one and put a lot of effort into it. The cinematography in the video is also quite nice. The lyrics and the way he sings them makes it sound like he's actually really emotional about what he's singing about, which I think really speaks to the listeners as well. This song has me pretty emotional as well, and I think it's my favourite out of the four. 
  4. This song dealt with serious theme about growing up and genuine issues that he still deals with me, which I think the listener appreciates. I think this one leans towards pop a little bit more, which I'm not very fond of, but I think it's still nice because this song has a better message than other things I've listened to. I think rap music is a great platform for this type of message, of how life does throw curveballs at you.

In the end, I don't think I'm a huge fan right away. It's just not really my style, if you know what I mean. And I know I keep alluding to the fact that his music is so much better than modern rap music, but I say it because I just think the rap music that's popular now is pretty... terrible. This is an exception. Thanks for sharing this with me! :) 

And I'm sorry this took so long, my day is just really busy so far and the previous paragraph getting deleted didn't help either. :adorkable:

I hate it when I lose what I am typing too. I can never come up with the same thing again.

I'm glad you found it different than your average rap. That's why I like him. 'Real Music' is his slogan. He actually says in one song "I grew up on Eminem, now look where the game's at. Lame tracks... All these sucky rappers I don't listen to 'em."

So what kind of music do you listen to most of the time?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Soren Peregrine said:

I hate it when I lose what I am typing too. I can never come up with the same thing again.

I'm glad you found it different than your average rap. That's why I like him. 'Real Music' is his slogan. He actually says in one song "I grew up on Eminem, now look where the game's at. Lame tracks... All these sucky rappers I don't listen to 'em."

So what kind of music do you listen to most of the time?

I usually listen to a few different genres, like...

• Broadway
  • All types of jazz
  • Hard/Soft Rock
  • 70s' pop
  • Soul
  • Some hip-hop
  • A tiny bit of electric
  • A whole lot more of Broadway

1 minute ago, Wannabrony said:

I usually listen to a few different genres, like...

• Broadway
  • All types of jazz
  • Hard/Soft Rock
  • 70s' pop
  • Soul
  • Some hip-hop
  • A tiny bit of electric
  • A whole lot more of Broadway

Rock n' Roll! Aw yeah!

Hip- hop? Interesting NF classifies most of his stuff as hip-hop.

70s pop? So bands like Journey? They are kind of 'poppy'.

I don't listen to Broadway much, but I do like the Crosby brothers. :P

What rock bands do you listen to most often when you do?

• Brohoof 1

Heeeey, it’s me again! :pinkie:

How’re you doing today? Oh, and uh, would you say there’s any of the Mane 6 you outright dislike, or come close to disliking? Or do you like them all? 

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

What rock bands do you listen to most often when you do?

Well, I go kind of old school. So the rock artists that I listen to are bands like Queen or people like Elvis and Little Richard. :)

25 minutes ago, CaptainJinx99 said:

Heeeey, it’s me again! :pinkie:

How’re you doing today? Oh, and uh, would you say there’s any of the Mane 6 you outright dislike, or come close to disliking? Or do you like them all? 

Welcome back! ^_^

I'm doing fine, I had a very busy day. And it's extremely hot outside, so not that great but nothing bad either. :P I think I like every one of the Mane 6, the isn't one that I dislike. They're all amazing in their own ways! :squee:

22 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

Opposite of what I asked earlier, what's your least favourite school subject?

The subject that I dislike the most depends a lot on the teacher and less on the subject. I actually like Science, but the teacher makes it unbearable. So, Science has got to be my least favorite subject. :D

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

@Wannabrony When does your summer vacation start? And are you looking forward to it? :catface:

If it isn't King of Canterlot! ^_^ Hey there!

My school year ends on June 26th, which is only less than a month away! :pinkie: I'm looking forward to it quite a bit, especially after my first year of high school for me. :P Not many plans except I'm going on vacation to Europe for ten days at the beginning of August, which is really exciting for me since I've never been to Europe before! Thanks for the question! :squee: 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

'Ello @Wannabrony! So with all the past posts about your favorite music, I was wondering what you thought about some of the modern/semi-modern music around  and rock/softer metal bands.

Bands like Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle and the like. And one more question, do you prefer to stick with your kind of music, or would you be willing to try out other bands?

Edited by Yuu Xeno
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

'Ello @Wannabrony! So with all the past posts about your favorite music, I was wondering what you thought about some of the modern/semi-modern music around  and rock/softer metal bands.

Bands like Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle and the like. And one more question, do you prefer to stick with your kind of music, or would you be willing to try out other bands?

Hey Yuu! :P 

I don't really think much of the newer rock/soft metal bands, I don't listen to them much. Aside from @The Recherche mentioning Breaking Benjamin here and there, I really don't listen to newer rock songs at all. They're alright, I guess, but I still like going old-school slightly better. :) 

As for the second question, I would still like the music I'm into now either way, but I think I'm down to try out some newer bands. You never know if something's good unless you try! :lol: Maybe I'll even add those to my favourite music once I try them!

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

Hey Yuu! :P 

I don't really think much of the newer rock/soft metal bands, I don't listen to them much. Aside from @The Recherche mentioning Breaking Benjamin here and there, I really don't listen to newer rock songs at all. They're alright, I guess, but I still like going old-school slightly better. :) 

As for the second question, I would still like the music I'm into now either way, but I think I'm down to try out some newer bands. You never know if something's good unless you try! :lol: Maybe I'll even add those to my favourite music once I try them!

Fair enough, to each their own. You won't find me complaining, I just never really found old-school...as enjoying and as atmospheric as modern metal. 

What would you be willing to try, music wise? I don't have anything for pop or rap, though, as I don't like those genres. :please:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Fair enough, to each their own. You won't find me complaining, I just never really found old-school...as enjoying and as atmospheric as modern metal. 

I just think modern metal is a bit too atmospheric, if that made sense. No need to fight over this, though! :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Yuu Xeno said:

What would you be willing to try, music wise? I don't have anything for pop or rap, though, as I don't like those genres. :please:

Honestly, I'm fine with anything. I would try it, if I don't like it, then I'll move on. If I like it, it would just be added to my Spotify song list for me to listen to them regularly! :P And don't worry, I like neither of those genres, just not really my thing! :D 

Just now, Wannabrony said:

I just think modern metal is a bit too atmospheric, if that made sense. No need to fight over this, though! :lol: 

Honestly, I'm fine with anything. I would try it, if I don't like it, then I'll move on. If I like it, it would just be added to my Spotify song list for me to listen to them regularly! :P And don't worry, I like neither of those genres, just not really my thing! :D 

Ah, let the dreaded hate comments commence! Nah, I understand you completely. I sometimes just like letting the guitars and stuff take me somewhere else(I know it's cheesy, but it works), but sometimes I like just throwing my head everywhere. Depends on my day and mood, you know?

As for what I could introduce you, I don't even know where to start. Most of the stuff I listen to have the harsh vocals most people don't like. I like it because it's not tainted like the pop industry is.

Try a few of these, maybe.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Ah, let the dreaded hate comments commence! Nah, I understand you completely. I sometimes just like letting the guitars and stuff take me somewhere else(I know it's cheesy, but it works), but sometimes I like just throwing my head everywhere. Depends on my day and mood, you know?

As for what I could introduce you, I don't even know where to start. Most of the stuff I listen to have the harsh vocals most people don't like. I like it because it's not tainted like the pop industry is.

Try a few of these, maybe.

I liked the first one a little, it's not an instant favourite but I still like it! :squee: I liked the second a bit less, but I still found it pretty nice. It was just too strong for my music tastes, I like music a bit on the mellow side, that's why I liked the acoustic guitar parts in the second song there! :) 

7 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Hey dude, how do you feel about the Chordettes’s music?

Hey! ^_^ I'll be honest, I had to search them up before I remembered who they were, but I love their music! I've always really like the barbershop quartet style and they sound amazing, their songs are very cheerful and I usually like songs that are happy! :P Though I do admit that their songs get pretty repetitive though.

Say I have a question for you @Wannabrony

You live in Canada now, but you used to live in Hong Kong, right? 

I've heard of China's "One child policy" and I was wondering if this affected your move from China to Canada, were you being threatened with separation from your parents? Or were you separated from your parents, and you were then adopted by a Canadian family? I guess I'm just kinda wondering how you ended up in Canada :huh: 

Sorry for this kinda personal question, but's one that's been bugging me lately :twi: 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

Say I have a question for you @Wannabrony

You live in Canada now, but you used to live in Hong Kong, right? 

I've heard of China's "One child policy" and I was wondering if this affected your move from China to Canada, were you being threatened with separation from your parents? Or were you separated from your parents, and you were then adopted by a Canadian family? I guess I'm just kinda wondering how you ended up in Canada :huh: 

Sorry for this kinda personal question, but's one that's been bugging me lately :twi: 

Well hello your Majesty, we meet again! :lol:

Nah, don't worry this isn't too personal for me. :P

The true story is very boring and doesn't really have anything to do with the "One Child Policy". :D The truth is, China doesn't even have the "One Child Policy" anymore and actually is replaced by the "Two Children Policy", but Hong Kong never implemented these strong enforcements for children limits since it was ruled by Britain at the time. The HK government encouraged families to have two children max, but wasn't strict about it. :) Hence Hong Kong and China's "One Country, Two System" rule. Living in Hong Kong was much more Democratic than mainland China. (I'm sure you'll like the mainland better. ;)) My (blood-related) family just moved to Canada because of better environments, education, health care, housing, etc. I'm sorry if I was boring you to death there, I told you that the truth is not very interesting to read about. :please: Nothing about getting beaten up or sent away overseas to a different family...

Thanks for the question though! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 5:22 AM, Wannabrony said:

Not many plans except I'm going on vacation to Europe for ten days at the beginning of August, which is really exciting for me since I've never been to Europe before! Thanks for the question! :squee: 

1. Where in Europe are you going? Anywhere specific? And what are you most looking forward to there?

2. What's your favourite and least favourite thing about Canada (and why)?

3. What's your favourite season finale and opener in MLP ?

4. What is your favourite animated and non-animated movie?

5. Do you forgive me asking too many questions? :derp: 

I don't know if any of those may be too personal? If so, my bad :adorkable: 

PS. Took me about 20 minutes to come up with 4 questions... Creativity at its finest :lol:

Edited by Nightfall Thunder
  • Brohoof 1

Hey Nightfall! :squee: 

2 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

1. Where in Europe are you going? Anywhere specific? And what are you most looking forward to there?

For my trip this summer I'm heading to London and Paris, and I can't be more excited to watch Hamilton in the West End theatres in London. :love: 

5 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

2. What's your favourite and least favourite thing about Canada (and why)?

I love the snow and cold and that I get to live in a house, (It's virtually impossible to get a house in Hong Kong. :wat:) but since everything is so spread apart across the city, malls and fun attractions aren't really accessible to me. :) 

7 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

3. What's your favourite season finale and opener in MLP ?

I don't know why, but I really liked the Season One finale. I guess I just like a slice of life episodes better. :P Either that or Season Three, the opinion is very split but I loved it for the music. :please: I think the Season Five opener was a pretty good one with our introduction to Starlight and her creepy equality village. :adorkable: 

10 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

4. What is your favourite animated and non-animated movie?

My favourite animated movie would have to be Zootopia, (Popular choice, I know...) and my favourite non-animated movie would have to be La La Land since it introduced me to musicals and I loved the whole thing, though the ending was bittersweet. :fluttershy: 

12 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

5. Do you forgive me asking too many questions? :derp: 

Nah, that was just the right number of questions. Five isn't too many! :D 

13 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

I don't know if any of those may be too personal? If so, my bad :adorkable: 

These are all just completely fine questions for me, nothing too personal! :lol: 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

I love the snow and cold and that I get to live in a house, (It's virtually impossible to get a house in Hong Kong. :wat:) but since everything is so spread apart across the city, malls and fun attractions aren't really accessible to me. :) 

For my trip this summer I'm heading to London and Paris, and I can't be more excited to watch Hamilton in the West End theatres in London. :love: 

You love the snow and cold? I think that sickness may have affected your brain ;) In all seriousness, I guess the cold is better than hot. Also, living in a house is good :D 

That means that you, a Canadian, will have been to London more times than me, someone from England. Something ironic about that :lol:  I've never been to France either. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I don't know why, but I really liked the Season One finale. I guess I just like a slice of life episodes better. :P Either that or Season Three, the opinion is very split but I loved it for the music. :please: I think the Season Five opener was a pretty good one with our introduction to Starlight and her creepy equality village. :adorkable: 

I definitely agree with season 5's opener being the best, I don't think any of the openers get near it. Also, I agree that season 3's finale is quite good, not so sure about season 1's though. :derp: 

My favourite animated movie would have to be Zootopia, (Popular choice, I know...) and my favourite non-animated movie would have to be La La Land since it introduced me to musicals and I loved the whole thing, though the ending was bittersweet. :fluttershy: 

Zootopia is a popular choice because it's a good choice. It's easily in my top 3 favourite animated movies. On the other hand, I've never seen La La Land, would you recommend it? :)

Nah, that was just the right number of questions. Five isn't too many! :D 

Considering my question was "do you forgive me" and your answer was "nah", I feel a bit hurt. :(  Just kidding, I know that's not what you meant, still quite funny though! :lol: 

Also, sorry for the essay! :muffins: 

PS. I wrote this out entirely once and then accidentally pressed undo and it wouldn't redo, that's 20 minutes of my life down the drain. I am so slow at this :adorkable: 

Edited by Nightfall Thunder
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Thanks! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

On the other hand, I've never seen La La Land, would you recommend it? :)

Only if you like old-fashioned musicals! :P It starts off playful and it goes slower a bit safe near the end, the music shows that as well. I think the music is incredible. I take back what I said, even if you're not a big fan of musicals give it a chance, you don't really have much to lose. :squee:

15 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

Considering my question was "do you forgive me" and your answer was "nah", I feel a bit hurt. :(  Just kidding, I know that's not what you meant, still quite funny though! :lol: 

Sorry... :please: But you got what I mean, so that's good!

16 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

Also, sorry for the essay! :muffins: 

Nah don't worry about it! ^_^

17 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

PS. I wrote this out entirely once and then accidentally pressed undo and it wouldn't redo, that's 20 minutes of my life down the drain. I am so slow at this :adorkable:

I had that happen to me once it's was my response to Soren's question at the bottom of the 3rd page, it took me forever to redo. :lie: I'm sorry to hear you also had to go through that horrible experience... :(