Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst type of place you could work at

Plonkett

Worst place you could work at  

53 users have voted

1. 1. What would be the worst type of place to work at?

• Fast Food
    • Retail
    • Office
    • Warehouse
    • Construction
    • Mine
    • Steel mill
    • Meat processing plant
    • Oil Refinery
    • Oil rig
    • Shipyard
    • Container port
    • Container ship
    • Fishing ship
    • Chemical plant
    • Call center
    • Other

Easy, NEVER put me in a call center. I HATE them with an utter loathe. I nearly got pushed into a job and the sad thing about it is, it's not even an interview, they hire you right on the spot. They promise all of these benefits and everything, plus the work schedule is horrible. You have almost no time to do anything you enjoy. Did I mention the anti-social coworkers and irate customers? Yea, never working in a call center. 

• Brohoof 1

For monotony, i'd reccomend security, specifically whomever has to watch surviliance feeds of empty rooms and lots for 8-12 hours a day. 

For beaureaucratic frustration, customer service, specifically for retails or the mail. You get to catch an earful from irate customers all day, and there's little you can do to help. 

And for just plain soul crushing, it'd be an animal shelter. Specifically, a kill policy shelter. No one envies those who put an end that precious life, especially the loads of new born animals that are brought in. 

I do NOT want to work in  a hospital. Please keep me away from them. I always feel like I'm about to cry when I'm there. Don't know why but there is something about the atmosphere or the smell that makes me sick and sad. I can imagine it being a pleasant workplace if you don't hate it as much as I do but I personally could never work there. 

• Brohoof 2

Working in the military in the infantry. I don't think I would ever be okay with having to kill someone, plus that stuff shakes you up forever.

Really, it makes fast food look quite tame.

Edited by SparkliciousSwirls
  • Brohoof 4

I can't do anything medical because I'm super queasy. Plus, I'm pretty sure just being in hospitals at all makes me feel uncomfortable. I would be too scared to work in coal mining, construction, any kind of plant, etc., etc. Also, I could never be in the military in any way, shape, or form.

• Brohoof 1

prostitute/pimp. drug dealers or any sort of gang/mafia business would be the worst place to work. If these kind of jobs is the only job available I rather die. 

• Brohoof 2

On 12/28/2017 at 12:49 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Easy, NEVER put me in a call center. I HATE them with an utter loathe. I nearly got pushed into a job and the sad thing about it is, it's not even an interview, they hire you right on the spot. They promise all of these benefits and everything, plus the work schedule is horrible. You have almost no time to do anything you enjoy. Did I mention the anti-social coworkers and irate customers? Yea, never working in a call center. 

^^^^^ this one is a biggie. I don’t think I’d be able to handle the angry customers. Even at the job right now I shift them to someone else.

customer: “I’m angry about such and such” 

me: “hang on one second.....”(over Walkie)”Manager, to customer service desk”

but, despite that I feel like I am terrible on the phone like the guy on the other end is silently judging me.

out of all the choices meat processing is probably the worst. Unless I’m wrong about what happens there something tells me after my first day at work I’ll be coming home a vegetarian.

Retail is probably my least favorite environment, and I can tell you for sure the place I would LEAST want to work in is a “Buy Here Oay Here” used car dealership, especially in a part of town where there is destitution, which seems to be the locales that these sorts of shady places set themselves up.

I worked in an auto mall in a rural area firm2 months this last summer- it was a terrible experience. I was once told by my manager that I would likely be on the chopping block if I didn’t sell a $50k pickup truck to a man who wanted to make his payments out of his disability assistance check. Mind you, this man’s wife was unemployed and they had 4 elementary school aged kids. They couldn’t afford the truck, it would be getting repo’d in a couple of months, and the man would never be able to get credit ever again. I couldn’t do that to this dude, so I quit before they could fire me. 

Get ready for the really screwed up part- he couldn’t get approved for credit on the $7500 decade old pickup he came in to look at, but Dodge Ram was running a special and allowing high credit risks to buy new trucks over $45k with poor or no credit scores and $249 a month for something like 12 years. That should be criminal, every single one of those trucks is going to end up getting repossessed.

A “Buy Here Pay Here”place in the ghetto would be even worse. Every single customer would be that guy trying to buy on minimum wage/unemployment checks, but instead of nice, shiny new cars with warranties, you’d be selling shined up junkers that will probably have a catastrophic failure within a few years of sale, and doing so at highway robbery prices.

JUST PLEASE NO.

DD592994-B948-4D92-9155-192C1D639116.jpeg

I wanted to go straight for Fast Food as my go-to most hated job. But working in a call center would be so horribly stressful I don't think I would last a day. No matter what kind of call center it is, from 911 to tech support, it would just destroy my soul. 

On 12/28/2017 at 11:59 AM, Summerlicious Breeze said:

I do NOT want to work in  a hospital. Please keep me away from them. I always feel like I'm about to cry when I'm there. Don't know why but there is something about the atmosphere or the smell that makes me sick and sad. I can imagine it being a pleasant workplace if you don't hate it as much as I do but I personally could never work there. 

This too. I couldn't have put it better. I respect the people who have the fortitude for this kind of work, they're really amazing. 

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I hate any job that requires me to work behind a computer. Nothing ever works and it causes endless frustration instead of helping (which technology is supposedly designed to do). I can work any physical job and deal with it, even if it's hard. I don't mind hard work, I even like it sometimes, but mental stress (which is synonymous with computers) is the real enemy and I do my best to avoid it.

• 1 year later...

An office job. I couldn’t handle it. I need a job that requires me to be on my feet. Plus that just sounds.....oh so very boring. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Any retail or Fast Food job, or customer service if I have to deal with people in person. I don't think I could handle those jobs without trying to strangle people

• Brohoof 1