Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Prospekt

Just now, Prospekt said:

I've Got to Find a Way. Fairly sad, but it's heartfelt and it Rebecca Shoicet's voice is gorgeous.

One of my favorites, too! The way she sang "Oh why" is the best, I think. Something about that elongated tune sounds so familiar, yet I can't think of a song where I heard it before (ever get that feeling?). Perhaps it just feels that way because I heard some songs with somewhat similar tunes, such as Sovereign's Grace's "In The Valley"  and  Celine Dion's "My Heart will Go On"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Have you ever listened to any Billy Joel songs? If so, what would be your favorite?

My favorite Billy Joel song is We Didn't Start the Fire. Piano Man is probably the most famous but I think a bunch of his songs are better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 2:25 AM, ZethaPonderer said:

Is Stanley Kubrick better than Steven Spielberg or the other way around? (TOTALLY NOT PERSONAL PREFERENCE) :muffins:

Sorry for not answering! I don't ever remember getting the notification for your post, even though I obviously follow my own thread. :wat:

Anyways... I'm much more a fan of Steven Spielberg. Haven't seen too many Stanley Kubrick movies, though. I've seen his film adaptation of The Shining, as well as Dr. Strangelove. They're good. But I prefer the vast array of works that Steven Spielberg has directed.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:39 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

What happens if you add Pinkie Pie to Twilight Sparkle?

Sorry for not responding to yours, as well! :sunny:

Hmm. Pinkie Pie + Twilight Sparkle makes... Pinkie Twi? Sparkle Pie? Sparkie Pie? Pielight Pinkle? :derp:

36 minutes ago, ChB said:

@Prospekt Who are your favorite sports teams? 

All of the major Denver-area teams, so the Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, and Colorado Rockies.

Here's a little fun fact: I was born the day the Broncos won their first Super Bowl. My parents watched the game live in the hospital. :lol: So, it's only right for me to be a fan. ;) And it was especially cool when the Broncos won their third Super Bowl only about a week after my 18th birthday.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Prospekt said:

All of the major Denver-area teams, so the Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, and Colorado Rockies.

Here's a little fun fact: I was born the day the Broncos won their first Super Bowl. My parents watched the game live in the hospital. :lol: So, it's only right for me to be a fan. ;) And it was especially cool when the Broncos won their third Super Bowl only about a week after my 18th birthday.

Awesome! Who are your favorite Broncos and Rockies players?  

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

Awesome! Who are your favorite Broncos and Rockies players?  

From the Broncos, Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas. I actually got to meet the latter at a water park in my hometown. My family was spending the day there and we just happened to run into Demaryius and his family. :wau: And I am forever a fan of the retired Champ Bailey and Peyton Manning.

From the Rockies, my favorite players are Trevor Story, Nolan Arenado, and Charlie Blackmon. I grew up a fan of Larry Walker and Todd Helton, too. And I certainly liked the former Rockies pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez before he got traded; he was the first Rockies pitcher to ever throw a no-hitter.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SnakeEater said:

Alright, @Prospekt?

What would you say are some of your all-time favourite movies?
And also, who do you think are some of the best directors working today?

I'd go for Scorsese, Fincher, Chazelle & Villeneuve myself.  :orly:

As for movies, I'd go for the entire original Star Wars trilogy, the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Avatar, Back to the Future, You Only Live Twice, Stand By Me, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

As for directors, I'd go for Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood, Tim Burton, Christopher Nolan, Robert Zemeckis, Peter Jackson, and David Fincher.

1 hour ago, ultrairongorilla said:

What is your all time favorite book series?

That's tough. On one hand, I want to say the entire mythos of J.R.R. Tolkien. But if we're talking a series that is formally recognized as a "series," rather than a set of books that are set in the same universe, then I'm a big fan of a somewhat obscure YA series called The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins (who is famous for the Hunger Games trilogy). That in turn is followed very closely by Stephen King's The Dark Tower. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...