Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Weird things you own?

PlzDelete

A coffin handle, which I believe was taken "illegally" from some municipal cemetery.

It was probably used as a binding catalyst to the memory complex it belonged to, knowing some of the inclinations of the oldest family members.

It isn't strictly mine, though it belonged to a deceased relative.

• 3 months later...

I guess it's not as odd as other things on this topic but I do own a giant pikachu thing.  I don't know what exactly it is but I found it at a thrift store a few years back, I originally thought it was a beanbag but it's much too uncomfortable to sit on, maybe it's a giant plush????

I don't know if any of these are legitimately weird. People just might kind of look at me funny for having them.

People might find my collections of English and French bulldog plushes/figures, etc. kind of weird. As well as the bare tree with snow on it that I've left up ever since I got it after Christmas 2016. I like the aesthetic of winter, so I keep it up like any other person keeps up fake plants with leaves/flowers. lol.

I also have a decoration made out of an old alto clarinet. Found it at a vintage store. My mom and I found it and left without it, but came back later in the day because I just had to have it.

I also have a page of chant from the Renaissance (Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's a chant for the Gloria portion of the mass). My music history professor gave it to me last year and it is one of the neatest things I'll probably ever own. The only reason I mention it here is because I'm not Catholic at all. To me it's an artifact of music history and I'm so overjoyed to really own such a thing.

I have a giant 2 lbs. blue raspberry flavoured gummy bear sitting on my bookshelf in my room, which I got from Los Angeles. (That I'm not planning to eat in the near future. :blink:

I also have jumbo 8" by 11" playing cards.

Edited by Wannabrony

I’ve got a bunch of really small red Solo cups for some reason that I spontaneously bought at some food market. They’re probably just shot glasses or something but I just keep them on my shelf.

Not weird but one of the unique, an vietnam era army uniform.  Ever since then, I started shopping for vintage war uniforms.

• Brohoof 2

Let's see, where to start.....

Among many other things, I have a collection of fashion dolls, mainly Disney Store Disney Princess dolls (had to re-build the collection due to She Who Mustn't Be Named taking them all when she left) & Ever After High, and of course all my MLP stuff, but that's fairly tame.

I basically started decorating my house when I moved in shortly after marrying You Know Who like it belonged to a wizard from Harry Potter, including a wooden Hogwarts plaque, a wooden framed "A Magical Welcome to New York" from Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find them, a framed replica of the cover of The Quibbler from Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince that I picked up from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2012, among other Harry Potter paraphanelia, including a set of replica Gringott's Bank coins (Galleon, Sickle & Knut), full Hogwarts Uniform (Hufflepuff) and rubber stamp & wax seal sets for both Hogwarts & the Ministry of Magic.

In addition to the above, I also have various retro/steampunk appliances, including a kit-built MP3 player with a 2-gang Bakelite electrical box with custom-made brass cover plate & aluminum angle plate framework as its housing (and it also has an analog volume control knob as well as LEDs mounted in old lamp housings for its power/play indicators), a modified Western Electric Model 317 wall phone (the kind with the crank & separate ear & mouthpiece) that was made between 1914 & 1938, but I updated the internal circuitry to work on modern phone lines & even added a bakelite box with aluminum cover with a touch-tone dialer circuit & keypad (payphone type) so you can make calls from that phone as well as take them.  I also have a 1978 vintage Stromberg-Carlson multi-line office phone on my computer desk (You can see it in this picture sitting behind my Novation ReMote MIDI controller), as well as a retro-style phone made to look like a 1930's airport field phone that I purchased at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in 2013 in the master bedroom.
5aac149e8b411_Myso-calledstudioSM.thumb.JPG.46601e6e38a1e6eb0c2fea4d5ef7adfc.JPG

In addition, I have various unusual flags hanging in various places around the house, including 3 different pirate flags (Calico Jack Rackham flag with crossed cutlasses under the skull above my workbench in the garage, a giant Jack Sparrow flag I got at the Renaissance Fair hanging above & behind my TV in the living room, and a "Pirates for Hire" jolly roger hanging on the wall behind my computer desk for the lulz), as well as a Japanese Naval Ensign that I bought at the souvenir shop for the museum battleship Mikasa in Yokosuka Japan, a banner/sign for the Katsumi restaurant in Miura, Japan that was given to me by the owner because he was impressed with how well I could speak Japanese & as a way to thank me for answering all his questions about life in America, and finally, a flag for the Kurdish YPG (people's protection units) hanging on the wall above my computer desk as well:

ComputerYPG2018SM.thumb.JPG.ef025524ca69b60e8225ebda5057c2c7.JPG

So yeah, I guess you can say that anyone can tell that no mere muggle lives at my place. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I have a photography collection of different police cars from different law enforcement agencies in the United States and some international pictures that I've taken or that were given to me from friends and family. I have over 1000 photos. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My room has model cars everywhere on every shelf, table, or dresser. There is also a tank and a pretty big RC airplane on my floor. There’s a gun in the corner next to a mini fridge and a snowboard and an American flag covering a wall. There are a couple random other...weapons that are kinda scattered around also. :wat: Let’s just say I don’t let many people in my room...:lie: Oh and it’s also a mess.

Edited by Sliding Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I don't own anything that would be considered extra weird, but my mom owns a dead baby shark that is preserved in a jar. :wacko:

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I don't own anything that would be considered extra weird, but my mom owns a dead baby shark that is preserved in a jar. :wacko:

Is she planning on having hakarl at some point...? :twi:

1 minute ago, Recherche said:

Is she planning on having hakarl at some point...? :twi:

Haha no, I forgot where she got it from, but she's had it for YEARS. I think even way before I was born. She just keeps it as a collectable item. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

I have a bunch of typewriters. I don't really think it's weird but I grew up in an auction barn basically. I got a lot of weird/cool things for cheap or even free.

by any chance do you have an antique cash register?