Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 potential villains (SPOILERS)

Karnak

Okay so judging from what we've seen, if this is indeed the finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then they intend to go out with a bang. As this season brings us, not one, but two villains, actually it could be three. 

You were warned. 

Spoiler

Okay, so King Sombra has been resurrected(He was confirmed to be dead, and now is back in full form and power) and from what we have seen his dark crystals and spells have pretty much conquered The Crystal Empire and Ponyville, with many including the CMC, Spike and others under Sombra's spell. But one has to ask, how did Sombra come back from the dead? You guessed it, only one villain in MLP history has that kind of power, Grogar, The Necromancer. By the way, the actor who voiced him in Gen 1, a famous voice actor named Michael Bell(who has worked on over 300 projects including Star Trek: The Next Generation) has expressed interest in returning to voice him, I say, HE MUST! 

Plus, it looks like the Elements of Harmony, get destroyed, this would establish Grogar as a true threat along with the resurrected dark lord.

And think about it, what better way to end the series then to bring out the ultimate bad guy and have him resurrect King Sombra. As for the third villian, well, Queen Chrysalis is still out their, so maybe she helped free Grogar as a last and desperate attempt to get revenge, I mean her options are pretty limited, with Discord reformed, Dragons, Changelings, Hippogriffs, Yaks and Griffons now allies of the ponies and Twilight working to unite all Kingdoms under friendship, she really has no other choice but to unleash the worst of the worst, 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, LyricaDreamy said:

I thought Sombra was redeemed! Is that comic not canon?.

He is. He is out in the world finding pieces of Amore. :grin: Chances of seeing him again are very low. 

Just now, LyricaDreamy said:

Apparently so. I think the comics are their own thing. Also I'm thinking that the writers of that comic thought he was gone for good(They originally had no intention of bringing Sombra back in the show, so they might have just figured that they could write a redemption story for him) but with Season 9 being the last, I guess they figured out a good story to bring him back. 

Big Jim was asked at a panel by a fan who read that comic, "Are characters like Sombra and Tierk remediable?" his answer was something like "I don't know if I wanna comment, in case we want to bring them back" I guess they found a story to bring him back. 

4 minutes ago, Karnak said:

Apparently so. I think the comics are their own thing. Also I'm thinking that the writers of that comic thought he was gone for good(They originally had no intention of bringing Sombra back in the show, so they might have just figured that they could write a redemption story for him) but with Season 9 being the last, I guess they figured out a good story to bring him back. 

Big Jim was asked at a panel by a fan who read that comic, "Are characters like Sombra and Tierk remediable?" his answer was something like "I don't know if I wanna comment, in case we want to bring them back" I guess they found a story to bring him back. 

Do you have a source? :twi:

42 minutes ago, Karnak said:

Okay so judging from what we've seen, if this is indeed the finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then they intend to go out with a bang. As this season brings us, not one, but two villains, actually it could be three. 

You were warned. 

Hide contents

Okay, so King Sombra has been resurrected(He was confirmed to be dead, and now is back in full form and power) and from what we have seen his dark crystals and spells have pretty much conquered The Crystal Empire and Ponyville, with many including the CMC, Spike and others under Sombra's spell. But one has to ask, how did Sombra come back from the dead? You guessed it, only one villain in MLP history has that kind of power, Grogar, The Necromancer. By the way, the actor who voiced him in Gen 1, a famous voice actor named Michael Bell(who has worked on over 300 projects including Star Trek: The Next Generation) has expressed interest in returning to voice him, I say, HE MUST! 

Plus, it looks like the Elements of Harmony, get destroyed, this would establish Grogar as a true threat along with the resurrected dark lord.

And think about it, what better way to end the series then to bring out the ultimate bad guy and have him resurrect King Sombra. As for the third villian, well, Queen Chrysalis is still out their, so maybe she helped free Grogar as a last and desperate attempt to get revenge, I mean her options are pretty limited, with Discord reformed, Dragons, Changelings, Hippogriffs, Yaks and Griffons now allies of the ponies and Twilight working to unite all Kingdoms under friendship, she really has no other choice but to unleash the worst of the worst, 

Michael Bell is still voice acting?  This is the same guy as Quackerjack from Darkwing Duck and Drew Pickles from Rugrats and he's in talk of reprising Grogar for the series finale?  My reaction:

10 minutes ago, Hieroklicious said:

He is. He is out in the world finding pieces of Amore. :grin: Chances of seeing him again are very low. 

3 minutes ago, Hieroklicious said:

Do you have a source? :twi:

Here's one 

As for the comics..resting.PNG

There is more, I'll look. 

9 minutes ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

Michael Bell is still voice acting?  This is the same guy as Quackerjack from Darkwing Duck and Drew Pickles from Rugrats and he's in talk of reprising Grogar for the series finale?  My reaction:

Agreed! 

And with his age, it matches the ancient evil of Grogar! 

• Brohoof 1

They could face an eco-villian. Since the ponies use their magic to shape and control the environment, having a villain that neutralizes their ability to do that would be major threat to the entire kingdom way of life.

4 hours ago, LyricaDreamy said:

Anything that retcons that piece of shit arc is good in my books

Also would be happy to see Micheal Bell reprise his role. His role as Grogar was great, and he did voice the almighty Duke as well as my boys Prowl and Sideswipe

Edited by Prowl
  • Brohoof 3

Seen the leaks about Sombra, and things seem to get real. Dunno if Grogar is involved in his return, as he's a story character mentioned in A Flurry of Emotions, but it wouldn't be the first fictional character in show to be actually real either

:dash:

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

Seen the leaks about Sombra, and things seem to get real. Dunno if Grogar is involved in his return, as he's a story character mentioned in A Flurry of Emotions, but it wouldn't be the first fictional character in show to be actually real either

:dash:

Yep, If Daring Do ended up being real, then

Spoiler

so can Grogar. 

And if the images are right then Tierk gets reformed at the end of Season 8. So that leaves very few options left for villains, and with so much good going for the Mane 6, having Discord and Tierk reformed, and uniting all the kingdoms in friendship, this seems like the perfect opportunity to bring in the ultimate villains in a team up.

Grogar The Necromancer: Meghan confirmed that Sombra was dead, so who better to bring him back in psychical form then Grogar. Hate does give him power along with his powers to resurrected the dead

King Sombra:  A resurrected King Sombra is an actual threat to not just Equestria but to all, and him back in physical form is well, basically imagine Sauron got the ring and returned to physical form. 

The Kingdom of Tambelon From what I've seen from the art, the dark crystals and Sombra's spell has transformed Equestria into a rather darker place and the elements of harmony(episode 4) get destroyed! Maybe for the series final season they are making this a more adventure season, with Equestria under the banner Tambelon. 

Kinda hoping Grogar's theme is menacing, something like this. 

On 1/3/2018 at 9:48 AM, Prowl said:

I'm of the opposite opinion; I'm not too happy about the possibility of a Happy Ending Override (one of my most-hated Tropes), especially over one of my favorite endings.

Not to mention that their way of giving Sombra "more character"... might amount to little more than how Fall Of The Crystal Empire (Silly Filly Studios) handled him -- i.e.: just another overconfident monologuer, a sudden crybaby at the first sign of real trouble, and ultimately a jobber for another villain altogether.

Edited by A.V.

7 minutes ago, A.V. said:

I'm of the opposite opinion; I'm not too happy about the possibility of yet another Happy Ending Override, especially over one of my favorite endings.

Hide contents

Not to mention that their way of giving Sombra "more character"... might amount to little more than how Fall Of The Crystal Empire by Silly Filly Studios handled him (i.e., reducing him to yet another overconfident monologuer, a sudden crybaby at the first sign of real trouble, and ultimately a jobber for another villain altogether).

Spoiler

Well you can't please everyone, personally I'm all for a Pony villain being pure evil. Plus with Tierk getting redeemed, its kinda pointless to redeem him. Plus the comics have some pretty bad stories(not all, but a lot) so I'm okay with it being retconed. 

But again to each their own. 

If Season 9 like Season 7 mentions a few legends of the past that were villains, they could be brought back to fill out some ranks. They really need a real dragon villain.

9 hours ago, Singe said:

If Season 9 like Season 7 mentions a few legends of the past that were villains, they could be brought back to fill out some ranks. They really need a real dragon villain.

They already had one, with Garble.

21 hours ago, Prowl said:

Also would be happy to see Micheal Bell reprise his role. His role as Grogar was great, and he did voice the almighty Duke as well as my boys Prowl and Sideswipe

Agreed.

6 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

How is this hacker able to get so much accurate information? This is starting to feel like a sci-fi movie.

The hacker might be a person inside DHX.