Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tempest invasion in alternate timelines

Drunkfrank

Lets assume for a moment that Tempest is getting ready to attack Canterlot, but not in the universe we know, but in one of the other timelines present in the Cutie Remark and how different things could be, this has been a really fun topic in my head.

Crystal War timeline: This is the hardest one, you would assume the invasion would be easier, with most of the defenses gone to the north and Celestia leading the charge, but if Tempest attacked and took Canterlot, she would deal with the offense from a fully militarized Equestria, and I don't think Sombra would team up with Tempest either, he would know that she is a threat to both his conquest and Celestia, so he would lay low with his army, if Storm guard ships started heading to any of his territories, they would be destroyed immediately. Celestia is now more battle hardened and we have a larger more trained army, I do think that Celestia would march on Canterlot and be turned to stone by Tempest, but I still think Tempest would lose in the end because Equestria isn't vulnerable. If Tempest did win, Sombra would already have gained more, if she loses, Sombra has gained much more ground and would likely win the war.
End result: Tempest temporarily succeeds, Sombra wins in the end. Best edgy horse.

Chrysalis timeline: Invasion of Canterlot utterly fails as the incoming ships are swarmed with hundred of changelings, Tempest does manage to land in Canterlot but when she goes for Chrysalis, one of the Storm Guards turns into her and destroys Tempest.
End result: Oof, sorry Tempest, can't win this one.

Nightmare Moon Timeline: Tempest takes Canterlot (It was still a city when the sisters lived in the Castle) Moves on Nightmare Moons Castle. Nightmare Moon isn't an idiot who will stand and wait, she engages Tempest in the air, destroying her fleet.
End result: Nightmare Moon destroys the invading army

Discord Timeline: He turns the entire fleet into an ice cream cones, flicks The Storm King into the sun, and turns Tempest into a puppet.

Tirek Timeline: Haha.Tirek blows up all the ships. RIP.

I don't see Tempest winning in any of the alternate realities, Sombras is a possibility but I still think it is temporary, Sombra is a master at manipulating your mind, imagine he made Tempest see her losing her horn over and over again.

That's because Tempest is not a true soldier who thinks in strategic targets. She's just a wench who wants her horn back. Airships cannot win you many battles, but they can win you a war.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but still I would have loved to see her in Starlights alternate timeline instead of Flim and Flam. i think the timeline against Chrysalis would be the closest to a victory for Tempest. ^_^

• Brohoof 1