Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Characters You Dislike Playing As

Castle Bleck

Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl. Just play as Captain Falcon (better maneuverability for such Moves) or Bowser (better crowd-control, to make up for similar tankiness) instead.

P.S.: At least SSB4 lets you give him better Moves (e.g., Warlock Blade).

Edited by Orcus on His Throne

7 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl; just play as Captain Falcon (better agility/speed for such Moves) or Bowser (enough crowd-control to make up for such tankiness) instead.

P.S.: At least you can give him better Custom Moves in 4 (e.g., he can finally use his sword for more than just a Taunt).

Actually, it was because of time constraints and popular demand that Ganondorf was even added to Melee at the last minute, resulting in him being a similar, stronger but slower version of Captain Falcon instead of being more unique move-wise. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Ganondorf waited until Brawl when he could have had his own set of moves involving his swords. 

Then again, people would likely still complain about him being too similar to the sword wielding Fire Emblem characters, anyway.

Your thoughts?

Edited by WiiGuy2014

I've never liked playing as Princess Peach in any Mario game that she is playable in. There's just something about her character that always bugged me, could be that she is really cliche. I remember despising her in Mario Party. XD

Dr. B from Tekkn 3 was always the worst in game in my eyes, even worse than Gon. I get it that he is supposed to be one of those wacky, zany characters but he just isn't remotely fun to play as. 

For Dynasty Warriors, at least his incarnation in DW4, I never liked playing as Huang Gai. His weapon was quite puny and his attacks just weren't all that effective, his Musou attack being kinda pitiful compared to others.

(edited)
On 2018-01-04 at 5:23 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

Actually, it was because of time constraints and popular demand that Ganondorf was even added to Melee at the last minute, resulting in him being a similar, stronger but slower version of Captain Falcon instead of being more unique move-wise. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Ganondorf waited until Brawl when he could have had his own set of moves involving his swords. 

Then again, people would likely still complain about him being too similar to the sword wielding Fire Emblem characters, anyway.

Your thoughts?

It's not that he's a tankier template of Captain, in and of itself. It's that said Moveset clearly works better for a Lightning Bruiser (such as Captain) instead of a Mighty Glacier (which someone like Bowser is better at, IMO).

Pragmatism, not fanboyism, is my issue.

(edited)
On 2018-01-04 at 5:41 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

What do you mean?

I.e.:

Not that they template-copied. But that the template they chose makes Ganondorf almost unplayable (unless you give him a better Custom, in SSB4), IMO.

• Brohoof 1

Captain Falcon (Smash Bros.)- Just feels weird to play. Can't exactly describe what I mean. Same goes for Ganondorf.

Teemo (League of Legends)- You know why if you've ever played the game, and it's especially obvious now that he's considered one of the best top laners in the game.

Lilith (Borderlands 1)- I just really don't like her action skill. Probably for the same reason speedrunners love it. It breaks the game and otherwise serves little purpose. Sure, Bloodwing is a pretty bad action skill without investment, but at least I can find a use for it.

Heavy (Team Fortress 2)- I find tanks in general to actually be a potentially enjoyable class, but the Heavy is an exception. Brain-dead, overly simplistic, and just downright boring to play. I even find Medic and Engineer (even with the fact I mained Barik in Paladins back before OB63) more enticing.

Elise (League of Legends)- A complicated jungler with a poor kit design and little lore. Exactly what I wouldn't want in my League of Legends main.

Inara (Paladins)- She's extremely boring, and honestly far overrated in the current meta. She's a pretty bad tank that does almost no damage, yet people insist she's OP. What? No shields, three poorly designed abilities, and one of the worst ults in the game. This is coming from an ex-frontline main.

Edited by Duzzkilicious
Added more.

(edited)

Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.

Remember Wisdom Form (Kingdom Hearts II)? Imagine if you couldn't slide across the floor, your shots had lousy range/accuracy, and you kept having to reload; play as Xigbar, and you won't have to imagine anymore.

Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart 8, as well as the redundant baby versions of Mario characters who keep showing up in the spinoffs. And Metal Mario. They are horrendously unoriginal, not to mention mediocre in the skill/stats department.

Silver the Hedgehog in the Sonic games. From a story perspective, he's actually one of the better characters in the infamously bad Sonic 06, but I don't find him all that interesting to play as and his levels are some of the most clunky in my opinion. And in subsequent games, he's kind of bland to me. I like to avoid him.

And finally, the redundant alternate versions of Smash Bros. characters like Dr. Mario and Toon Link. Ganondorf is really clunky in Melee. I remember despising him. And Bowser may be deadly when you know how to use him, but he's too cumbersome for my taste.

• Brohoof 1

Jedi/Siths in Star Wars Battlefront II, the only complaint I have about this game is how under powered the jedi and sith are. In the first Battlefront I'd take on the entire team as Luke or Vader with ease... I even have a clip proving it. But Battlefront II is a whole new story, even with star cards I can only kill four or five people before dying. Not being able to one shot and tank makes them nothing but squishy wastes of points. Which is why I only ever spend my points on armor, fighters, and enforcers.

I hate playing as Twister in Twisted Metal Head - On. Partly because of the droning and annoying engine sound, coupled with a weak special weapon just makes me hate playing as her. Another one from Twisted Metal Head - On is ATV. Due to being the weakest car in the game with a hilariously bad special.

In Team Fortress 2 I will play almost any class except spy. I am not good with him, and coupled with the insane amount of spy-checking in the game makes it harder for me to improve, so I just don't play him at all, unless the whole sever is memeing and we are all playing as spies.

20170828191852_1.thumb.jpg.5d0c1b7727a88a3ba44b43972abe0476.jpg

Finally, in Motorstorm, I hate playing any of the larger vehicles, like Semi-trucks, Monster Trucks, and Snow-Cats. I hate the slow acceleration, so I have to be perfect if I want to win with them, because if I screw up I won't be able to get back up to speed fast enough.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2018-01-04 at 7:40 PM, cpl_dixon said:

In Team Fortress 2 I will play almost any class except spy. I am not good with him, and coupled with the insane amount of spy-checking in the game makes it harder for me to improve, so I just don't play him at all, unless the whole sever is memeing and we are all playing as spies.

At least you still found a way to have fun with him, given that last part.:lol:

I don't like playing characters who are very strong but so slow, like Heavy in TF2. A medic almost always has to be by a heavy or else he'd die within a few seconds, even though he can tank. I also don't like playing characters whos moves are hard to pull off.  

I'm not fond of playing as characters who don't dish out much in the way of offensive power--I have a soft spot for slow, powerful, heavy characters--and instead rely on speed in order to get in those quick attacks. This is especially true in the Super Smash Bros. series and in Hyrule Warriors where I'm pretty good with the powerhouse characters.

in general I switch between playing as the speed based characters to the tanks. I dont really touch anything else, Im not a very technical person. Just get the job done asap is how I normally play. Speed and Power.

Although saying that. In open world games, I like to "hunt" especially with ranged weapons. I like to act like a cat hunting prey. Assassins Creed games always bring that out of me, but i go into that mode when playing a lot of Battle Royale and survival games.

so anything that doesnt play like these, then i wont touch them. ^^;

Even though AC 3 brought in the hunting element, I hated playing as Connor......and Desmond, but no one liked him.

Edited by StormBlaze

I've never been fond of playing as wizards/sorcerers/mages in RPGs, as they are often OP and have cheat-like abilities, which destroys the enjoyment for me. Or maybe I just like bows and swords...

As a gamer who likes to slow down and collect everything, I've never been a fan of playing as Sonic the Hedgehog. His levels are a chore to get through with how fast he goes and how you're expected to go fast to complete the level.

I also don't like playing as Bowser in Melee. Even though it was unavoidable, he's too heavy and slow. I'll play him if I ever need a good challenge, but he's one I definitely try to avoid when selecting a character.

',

On 1/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mysterious said:

As a gamer who likes to slow down and collect everything, I've never been a fan of playing as Sonic the Hedgehog. His levels are a chore to get through with how fast he goes and how you're expected to go fast to complete the level.

',

I don't find it as bad in both Sonic Adventure, as you can make a move ahead, but the classic Sonics aren't something I enjoy. Played the two first Sonic Advances, and it's frustrating to just rush ahead only for either play by itself, or fall to a trap you could no way have predicted because of the speed. Each of them has 4 playable characters, guess who is my least favorite gameplay-wise in them :dash: 

still, Sonic ain't that bad, I got the classic Belmonts from the classic Castlevanias. The games are already notoriously difficult without bad jumping and attack speed, but noooooooooooo, let's add those to make an artificial difficulty on top  of it's natural one :dry: . Seriously, Ninja Gaiden has an undeserved infamy of being of legendary difficulty compared to these :dry: 

Chris Redfield, seriously Capcom, he’s like, the least interesting and most boring of all the main characters, stop trying to make him the poster boy of the franchise 

On 1/4/2018 at 6:34 PM, Prospekt said:

Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart 8, as well as the redundant baby versions of Mario characters who keep showing up in the spinoffs. And Metal Mario. They are horrendously unoriginal, not to mention mediocre in the skill/stats department.

I have no clue what the people who create the Mario Kart series rosters are smoking. There's a wealth of Mario franchise characters to pick, but instead we somehow end up with made up characters like Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, etc.

I remember when the Mario Kart Wii roster was found out and they added Baby Daisy. I was so perplexed. Those were the days. Now it's just standard fare for these ridiculous made-up character choices, and they come in place of actual real Mario characters from previous entries, as well. =/

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Envy said:

I have no clue what the people who create the Mario Kart series rosters are smoking. There's a wealth of Mario franchise characters to pick, but instead we somehow end up with made up characters like Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, etc.

I remember when the Mario Kart Wii roster was found out and they added Baby Daisy. I was so perplexed. Those were the days. Now it's just standard fare for these ridiculous made-up character choices, and they come in place of actual real Mario characters from previous entries, as well. =/

Besides wasting a ton of character spots on palette swaps, costumes and baby versions, the worst part was getting rid of notable characters like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr(who didn't come back on Deluxe) on top of leaving out characters that people would love to see back(like Warts, Geno, Pauline, to name a few)

Also I'm not a fan of how they wasted a good chunk of the roster on Bowser's rejected sperm as well

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Prowl said:

Besides wasting a ton of character spots on palette swaps, costumes and baby versions, the worst part was getting rid of notable characters like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr(who didn't come back on Deluxe) on top of leaving out characters that people would love to see back(like Warts, Geno, Pauline, to name a few)

Also I'm not a fan of how they wasted a good chunk of the roster on Bowser's rejected sperm as well

Yeah, the absence of Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong was so weird. I hate Bowser Jr., but even I can set that aside and wonder why in the world he was absent, yet non-existent characters like Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, etc. were present.

And then there was Mario Kart 7's roster which left out Waluigi. Granted, Waluigi is also a character made up for spin-offs, but I can't help but say the little guy has grown on me over the years. He is an actual independent character not just an alternate version of a pre-existing character, and I can't lie, I wouldn't mind seeing him become a canon character... But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, to be on-topic: I'm think of SSB, and in that series I generally don't like playing slower, heavier characters. I also don't like playing characters that don't have recovery Up-B specials, or are complicated (Ness and Lucas Up-B is too much for me, I don't care to learn).

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

Character That I dislike playing as? Well That's an easy question for me. Apparently I don't like these following characters to play as (if that's what the thread is about)

Super Smash Bros. - I would say that sonic is the character that I dislike playing as. Speed is hard to control the character even with final smash.

Borderlands 2 - Probably I would say zer0.

Mario Kart - I would say heavy-type characters for me since I don't even play as the ones that are heavy in terms of vehicle choices since Mario Kart wii.

Hyrule Warriors - Probably Tingle. His mobbing isn't that good.