Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Characters You Dislike Playing As

Castle Bleck

Wait, I remember a character that I don't like playing as: Nero from Devil May Cry 4. His demon arm is the only thing going for him, and it's pretty satisfying watching big bad demons being reduced to rag dolls, but lacks other practical means to do decent damage to enemies, as his basic combos are slow, lags too much, and they take forever in killing enemies this way. Playing as him are:

1-make a sword combo

2-make another sword combo 

3-get mad because the foe still got over 3/4 of health, so use the arm. I hate the score system where it discourages repeating attacks in a row because it stop rising until you change attacks with all these flaws :dry:

The non-player-made character in any RPG where you have a party. I cheat like mad in most RPGs because I don't play for challenges, I play because I want to feel like an absolute god, but I can't be bothered to increase the stats of all my party members so every time I have to use someone else, it sucks. I also don't like to play Game and Watch, Lucas, or Ness in SSB.

(Cont.)

Miss Fortune (League of Legends)- I'm not big into ADCs in general after bad experiences with playing the role. But Miss Fortune is the worst for me, her kit just seems so disjointed and borderline awkward to play for me.

Twisted Fate (League of Legends)- He's just so difficult for me to make work. My farm always ends up terrible and I end up with a mediocre at best KDA. I played him to about Mastery 3 and I still hardly understood how to make him even work.

Heavy characters (Mario Kart)- Like how do you even go fast with these... things? It's really bad if you get constantly hit with items.

Viktor (Paladins)- So easy to play it's boring.

• 1 year later...

I don't like playing as James Heller in Prototype 2 because I hate his character. A random dude who's still half-human overpowers the most powerful being on Earth. Yeah ok

• Brohoof 1

The “P2” pointer in Mario Galaxy. :yeahno: Could they really not think of anything else for the sidekick to do other than to act as a magnet? Mario has that ability himself for the star bits so it’s not like there’s a real advantage.

• Brohoof 2

Abby from The Last of Us II for a variety of reasons, but the biggest one probably being that the game tries its hardest to force a perspective narrative; that the player should sympathize with her despite all the terrible acts she's committed up to that point. I hated her development being tied around a freudian excuse, and one as overused as being driven by revenge. In general, I don't like it when a game tries to tell you that you should like a character just because you're playing as them.

It's just one example of my many, many gripes with that game, but I don't want to get off topic.

The MJ and Miles sections in Spiderman. I never asked to play these and they just aren't fun. A notable blemish in an otherwise fantastic

• 1 month later...

Big the Cat - Sonic Adventure

I cannnnnnnnnnt 

I always hated having to play Big’s levels when I was kid because I had no interest in fishing games for one thing. Trying to catch froggy was a pain. Even replaying Sonic Adventure throughout the years since then my disliking for Big the Cats levels never change. 

Sonic Chronicals - The Dark Brotherhood - Big the cat again. Now dialogue with him was funny but actually using him? Nah. 

Sonic Battle - Chaos Zero. Excuse me while I take 20 minutes to walk to where the fightings going on. What’s that the battles now on the other side?  Welp time to walk slowly over there. Maybe just stand here and wait instead. Someone will come try to fight me at some point.

I don’t even wanna discuss trying to escape Gamma’s death explosion as chaos. That was a already a difficult thing to deal with as is. Initiating recovery mode still gives me nightmares

Sega Superstars Tennis - Nights. I love Nights but the flying movement was really annoying to deal with. There were numerous occasions where if it wasn’t for the fancy flying maneuvers the ball would have been hit in time.(I don’t even wanna talk about the Chu Chu Rocket section in this game)

Sonic Riders - Storm the Albatross

• Brohoof 1