Register now to remove this ad.
Jeric

world cup MLPF World Cup 2018 - Group 28 - Saddle Arabia

Team Qualifier Round - Group 28 - Saddle Arabia  

35 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Select the three characters that you want to represent Saddle Arabia in the World Cup

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/18 at 01:00 PM

1 hour ago, Frostlicious said:

Here at the halfway point Octavia, Zecora, and Gummy have all put up very strong showings, each garnering votes from at least 75% of ballots. Particularly impressive by Gummy to keep pace with two competitors from the previous World Cup. Sonata got off to a fast start, but the aforementioned characters have pulled away and it looks like she will have to settle for a playoff place.

While the others are likely determined to win the spot, I suspect Sonata (once a huge fan fav in late 2014) is probably just focused waiting on Tuesday. 

bcf071d358ef7f4bd5c505c71e61e51c.jpg

• Brohoof 3
  • Teacup 2

4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

While the others are likely determined to win the spot, I suspect Sonata (once a huge fan fav in late 2014) is probably just focused waiting on Tuesday. 

She's my favorite of the Dazzlings, that's for sure. She is effectively the Pinkie Pie of the trio, and her name represents one of my favorite genre of classical music.

• Brohoof 2

I've just found out about the whole pony tournaments thing, and as a soccer fan I approve the format! I wonder who the pony counterpart of Iceland will be (I hope someone gets this reference).

P. S. Go, Group 16! Go, Moon Dancer!

• Brohoof 3

Gummy and Octavia are tied! 

I just had a mental image of Octavia playing her cello and gummy clomping on her bow. 

:)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Jeric said:

Gummy and Octavia are tied! 

I just had a mental image of Octavia playing her cello and gummy clomping on her bow. 

:)

You could hear Octavia’s screams of horror in Canterlot. Poor Octavia. 

• Brohoof 3

Booooooo!!! Less Zecora, more Sonata! I mean, sorry Zecora. Not that I don't like you... just... tacos! :D

Also, Gummy and Octavia. Methinks I see a new ship idea here. :ooh: Shipmaster @Lightwinglicious, make this a thing. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Another housekeeping item, if by chance there is a tie for #2 (which looks to be the case here) an immediate head to head vote will take place or be slotted into the first available free day with no scheduled match. 

There's a reason I have 'free' days in the schedule. ;)

• Teacup 1

Gummy and Octavia should cross the finish line together, like Rainbow Dash and Tank.

large.png

• Brohoof 9

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Another housekeeping item, if by chance there is a tie for #2 (which looks to be the case here) an immediate head to head vote will take place or be slotted into the first available free day with no scheduled match. 

There's a reason I have 'free' days in the schedule. ;)

I could not for the life of me figure out what the free days were for, just as I couldn't figure out when tiebreak voting would take place if there were a tie for second xD Very clever sir

However, this gives rise to one new question - if we come upon a free day and there are no outstanding ties to be resolved, will the next group's voting be pushed forward, or will we simply have no voting that day? (i hope this made sense)

• Brohoof 1

I have changed my signature back to an older one to reflect my vote and help rally some voters. I like Zecora and all... but classy pone is best pone. Everyone who has yet to vote or has voted for one of the others, this is your chance to raise the bar for a bit of sophistication in this contest. And for those about to rock, Octi can get down with the best of them, so no worries. Who do you think taught Rarity how to shred that guitar in private? She of many musical talents... that is who.

951890.gif.7deab31acac1df6cb5789a053aa67b43.gif

• Brohoof 4

13 minutes ago, Frostlicious said:

I could not for the life of me figure out what the free days were for, just as I couldn't figure out when tiebreak voting would take place if there were a tie for second xD Very clever sir

However, this gives rise to one new question - if we come upon a free day and there are no outstanding ties to be resolved, will the next group's voting be pushed forward, or will we simply have no voting that day? (i hope this made sense)

I feel like those should be campaigning days. Make your argument for who you think should win in the upcoming brackets!

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, Frostlicious said:

1dd6118ec644e9e81f3ab00800431eed4b4d5433

• Brohoof 1
  • Smiley 1

Zecora is leading? I am QUITE pleased at this! It's only appropriate that the fair maiden of the dark forest be on top. :orly:

• Brohoof 4

This poll can't end before I share one of the greatest videos on the web (and hopefully rally some support for Gummy)

• Brohoof 5

19 hours ago, Jeric said:

Remember, the first round of eliminations start on the 6th and the close time is going to be set in the poll. Probably around midnight. 

Just to make sure, which time zone? EST/EDT?

• Brohoof 1

Insert some epicness up here in this thread. 

gummy_ninja_by_captainpudgemuffin-d5sb6h

"If a lizard wishes to become a great gator, he must study the great gators who have come before him"

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

Just to make sure, which time zone? EST/EDT?

Eastern Jeric Time. 

frostblade_octavia_by_cyanaeolin-d6xvwxb

"Sorry but nopony will simply acquiesce to my acoustic pedigree. My position on this team is far from a dalliance. I am Octavia!"

• Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

frostblade_octavia_by_cyanaeolin-d6xvwxb

Irelia Octavia?!? :pinkie:

You get my vote! What, I already voted for you and can't vote for you again? Then I'll just be over here silently rooting for you. :D (until such a time as you go up against green-pone of course)

• Brohoof 4

C'mon, we're already late to the first round!

We're not even involved in the first round, mom!

I know, but that doesn't mean we can't try to sway the vote.

OK, so what're you thinking?  I mean we got a guy who I'm pretty sure played sports through at least college, a Royal Guard, a super strong rock farmer, yeah, these all definitely look like good choices for a buckball tea-

Nah, Zecora's gotta be our number one priority.

Uhhhhhhhh, Zecora?  Um... why?

Amethyst, Amethyst, Amethyst, haven't you seen where they're competing?  They're in the Everfree Forest!  Who else do you know who actually lives in the Everfree Forest... besides, ya know, cute critters and really scary monsters and plants?

Well I guess that's kind of a good point.  But we should still definitely get at least one of these guys-

Oh, don't forget Ms. Melody, nothing wrong with classing up the group a bit.

Good thinking, honey!

What in Equestria does 'classing up' the group have to do with putting together a solid buckball team???

Don't worry sweetie, there's three spots, so we should be able to get at least one of those stallions on there.  Let's see, how about-

Oh, oh, oh, oh!  Don't forget Gummy!

Oh my goodness, that is SUCH a good idea, muffin!

Howwwwwwwwwww???  How in the slightest is filling the third spot with a baby alligator, without any teeth I might add, a good idea?

Pffffftttttttt, good one, Star.

Excuse me?

Dinky's right, ya know.  Clearly you just don't understand what an X-factor a baby alligator can be on a buckball team.  They're full of all kinds of surprises.

Really?  Because all I've ever seen him do is walk around, gnaw on Pinkie's mane and tail, and stare vacantly at Celestia-only-knows what.  Dad, seriously, help me out here.

Well ya know, Amethyst, as crazy as it sounds, I think they might just be onto something.  I've seen my fair share of crazy things, and let me tell you, there's something uncanny about that Gummy.  Definitely a 'more-to-him-than-meets-the-eye' kind of deal.

...Ya know what, why do I even bother trying to be the sane one?

If it helps at all, Star, I'm just as confused and skeptical as you are.  Not that that'd change anything, after all, I couldn't even stop Derpy from raiding my fridge while we still shared the same cottage.

Not really, but thanks for trying, Carrot.  Thanks for trying.

Did you get all that, everypony, oh, I'm sorry, every 'moo-ham'?  Vote for Zecora, Octavia, and Gummy for the first round!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  GO TEAM GATOR-RIFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

1573522__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_gummy_secrets+and+pies_spoiler-colon-s07e23_animated_deal+with+it_gif_solo_sunglasses.gif

• Brohoof 4

I'm calling it early:

Yeeah.jpg.adb2efda042789862f98e84030d22725.jpg

Who spoiled my meme!

Never mind. We're back gator boys!
  • Brohoof 6

Octavia and Gummy are tied!

Less than 90 minutes to go. 

• Brohoof 3

mystical_by_spicybrowniemix-dbt36f7.png

I am pleasantly surprised to be in the lead; because a victory there was no need, but to see the votes as they are tallied indeed, my place in the Everfree is quite clear to be seen.

• Brohoof 6

And Octavia just edges out Gummy. That was close!

Here's to Cello Pone!

full.gif

• Brohoof 3

Results of our first Qualifier Round are in!

OnwRRKruQt_KBqnFd3_lIQ.png

Octavia and Zecora progress to represent Everfree in the World Cup with Gummy, Sonata Dusk, Royal Guard, and Igneous Rock Pie waiting for a Wild Card playoff series to fill the final spot. 

Group 2 poll will be up momentarily. Here is a rundown of the five of the ten characters vying for a role. 

Group 2 - Maretonia

Marble Pie

Marble_Pie_blushing_S5E20.thumb.png.cea5efa9bf262f1e81c60e69c57b0586.png

The 'shy' one of the Pie sisters, Marble grew up preferring to let her sister Pinkie speak for her. Once thought to be a possible love interest for Big Mac, Granny and Quartz had to sit down and explain that it probably isn't the best of ideas. Marble may appear to be an extreme version of Fluttershy, but as we know ... the Pie Family is more layered than initial appearances suggest. While she doesn't appear to have any rivals, it remains to be seen how she feels about Big Mac dating another mare. 

Queen Chrysalis 

5a519cdcaa802_Queen_Chrysalis_hissing_furiously_S6E26(1).thumb.png.52c00f75ab058017e7306b3163ea2c87.png

The former Changeling ruler has now been twice defeated by the Ponies and rejected by her how kind. After refusing to accept Starlight Glimmer's offer of friendship, Chrysalis vowed revenge on Twilight's pupil. Her ability to shape shift and drain love makes her a formidable for on a field of battle, though she routinely prefers deception to a direct approach. Her key rivals include Twilight, Starlight, Cadance, and Thorax. Should the Queen make the Maretonia team and face any of them ... watch out!

Kyrippos II    

Duke_of_Maretonia_speaking_S4E25.thumb.png.cfdf7911cab69e5ddb040416e971760f.png

While not much is know about the Duke, he has been seen as a diplomatic envoy to discuss urgent matters with Princess Celestia.  However rumors circulate that the earlier courting of Maretonia was motivated by Celestia's desire to get the Duchesses Equestrian famous chocolate avocado cake recipe. Their absence in recent years suggests that Celestia may have been successful, perhaps cementing this scandal as a constantly shared story. His only known rival is a mane brush. 

Flim

Uncertain_Applejack_and_Flim_3_S02E15.thumb.png.792678ef87138bddd790f25175d5c24a.png

Otherwise known as "the one without the mustache", Flim is one half of a brotherly hustler team that has found themselves on the losing end of the dealings with the Apple Family. Flim was last seen running a Las Pegasus entertainment enterprise with his brother shortly after forming a truce with Applejack and Fluttershy and patching up a misunderstanding with his brother Flam. His rivals would include the Apple Family, Gladmane, and occasionally his brother. Not to be trusted!

Roger Silverman

5a51a542190dd_Joan_Pommelway_and_Roger_Silvermane_ID_S4E8(1).png.e19368c072c92137b0ac5cf883d11481.png

A Manehattan business pony who may or may not have some form of advertising job. He is consistently seen with his friends in Manehattan, proving that he may be stalking Rarity. In fact I am sure of it. His motivations are as yet unknown, however it is quite possible that he is hoping to make Rarity a client for his advertising firm. That or propose marriage ... its hard to say. 

• Brohoof 4

Posted (edited)

So just like we all expected, the top four vote-getters from group 1 are a zebra, background pony, toothless alligator and siren-turned-human. This is going to be a fun tournament xD

Edited by Frostlicious
  • Brohoof 3

Oh. Hell. Yeah 

My liege is now up for contention!

post-18785-0-65030500-1397793560_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3