The World Cup Returns   Back in 2014 a member here launched a poll tournament (here) which was inspired by the FIFA 2014 World Cup. A tournament that would pit 64 characters against each other in poll based matches until just one champion remained. The MLPF inaugural World Cup started in December 2013 and didn't concluded until July 2014 with a Final Match between Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was crowned the ultimate winner in grand fashion. Unlike character popularity polls that happened before and since, this one felt more like an event in its own right. The team behind the event created images of flags, jerseys, and anthems for the top 32 characters. There were 'interviews with characters by characters' in each match, provided by Batbrony. What started as a normal pony popularity poll grew to a 300+ page thread of character analysis and adoration. Some members created several amusing RP centric posts describing their characters in epic stories that rival Greek Mythology. Most of my first personal interactions on this forum started in that thread, and it was around this time that I became a die hard Rarity fan. This was all championed and run solely by the membership, showcasing that fantastic events do not always come from staffers. As 2014 drew to a close, I wondered at the end of this match if we would ever see it again. Welp, looks like the answer is yes. Starting this month, The World Cup returns again, but updated to reflect the changing nature of the show. Before you go into how this works I want to thank @Batbrony, @PathfinderCS, @Randimaxis, Frostilicious*, for their advice and help with this whole shibang. Thanks for being on Team World Cup! *Why can't I at mention you?         FAQ         WORLD CUP POSTING RULES All Forum Rules apply here! I'm not staff, but that guy over there watching you ... he is! That said, remember to heed this general wisdom: Try not to walk in here motivated to antagonize fans of a specific character. This isn't generally the best platform for debates on how Starlight Glimmer ruined your childhood, or how anyone who is a fan of Diamond Tiara is bad and should feel bad. Basically, don't be a jerk and overdo it. It is one thing to poke fun at a character's tendency to react a certain way. That can be great fun and is in line with the gentle ribbing one should expect. It's another to be all, "Ermahgerd, Twilight is werst pon1 5ever!" Now, on the flip side, please don't get all hot and bothered if someone cracks a joke about a character. Don't be oversensitive. We all love our favorites, but sportsman like ribbing is not a personal attack.  Great. Now I want ribs. Mmmm. Barbecue. Bacon.                    THIS IS OUR MASCOT. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS OURS! PYRALIS, PHOENIX MASCOT OF THE MLPF WORLD CUP.          Without further ado and insanity, here are the characters that each have a shot to make it to a winning team. Look over the list and see if your favs are on it. See what team they are on. Remember this was a complete random pull, so any curious teammates were just good old fashioned luck. Again, if I duplicated anyone or missed anyone obvious and substantial, let me know. The first poll begins on the 6th and will be multiple choice to allow you to vote on the three member Buckball team you want to go on to the next round. As a reminder, the top two voted in this round progress to the World Cup as teammates, and the next four will enter a series on elimination matches to determine who will be the third member.    GROUPS 1-10 (January 6th - January 19th)    GROUPS 11-20 (January 23rd - February 7th)   GROUPS 21-32 (February 10th - February 27th)