Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games/Series that you never really played but plan to

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

You ever notice a game or series that has always been really popular or just around and you never really played it much? Perhaps you have dabbled with it a bit before or seen videos of it but never really played it much yourself. Could be because you couldn't get into it or it isn't a genre you like or anything in between. However, these games may eventually catch your interest enough to make you want to give it a full chance and see what the talk it about.

Are there any games or game series like that for you? Ones that you never played much before but plan to?

A series I have never exactly experienced in full is Metroid, including Metroid Prime. Metroid Prime is the highest rated game on the Gamecube and the sequels are also apparently incredible. I never played them though. I played a bit of the DS version, Hunters, but that's it. Nintendo announced at E3 2017 that Metroid Prime 4 is in development for the Switch and with that game, I shall dive head first into the franchise. I really want to experience it and that should be a great place to start. I know I can get the Gamecube games and try those out, but I plan to do that eventually too. Makes me excited for MP4's release. :3

• Brohoof 2

I always planned to play the Spyro Games, also including the 2 reboots. But apart from playing some illegal Copies as a child, i never got around to playing them really far. Im still planning to play them, but since i sold my Playstation Consoles for money, it could still take a while. I also always wanted to play all the Final Fantasy Games, but i only ever played part 1 and 2 and i never finished any of them. Not sure why i stopped playing, i dont remember anymore but i still want to play them all. I also never played trough a Grand Theft Auto Game, even though i wanted, but when i was actually playing GTA 3 a few years ago, it was to hard for me and i gave up. Then i played the first 2 Games a few years later, there were also to hard for me and i gave up again. I still want to play them more...but sadly im not a very good gamer.

• Brohoof 3

Once I can afford to get a Switch and a 2DS (may be some time):

Legend of Zelda: I only got to play the first two hours of Ocarina of Time and about a third of Link's Awakening. I find the games challenging, but fairly entertaining and designed extremely well in general. My brother loves the series to pieces (ESPECIALLY Ocarina of Time), so it'd give me more to relate with him on. I really want to play Breath of the Wild, as I've heard so much about itm, and have seen enough of it to peak my interest.

Metroid: I think I'd absolutely love it from the little I've played of Metroid Prime 2. Yeah, and that's supposedly worse than the first game in the sub-series. I also have watched a couple of speedruns of Super Metroid and enjoyed them. I'm really excited for the fourth Metroid Prime game.

Newer Pokemon Games: I haven't played any game after Gen 4, and really loved all of them, even my least favorite (Pokemon Gold). Gen 5 sounds like it would be up there for me, and I'm pretty fascinated with Gen 7.

Kirby: Planet Robobot: Absolutely necessary. I've been missing out as you can see, and I've heard this game is among the best in the entire franchise. That's saying something, for a franchise that consistently pumps out simplistic, but nonetheless great games.

Super Mario Odyssey: I almost forgot.

Once I can afford them on Steam:

Shovel Knight: I confess it, I've yet to play the game. But it sounds like an absolutely amazing game, and I really want it.

Shantae: I've played some of the first game on an emulator, and have really enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to getting Half-Genie Hero.

Fallout 4: I've still yet to get it, but since completing my NCR playthrough of New Vegas, I've really wanted it (and I STILL haven't gotten it!). I really like the new perk system, and the factions seem intriguing, particularly in their philosophies.

As you can see, a LOT.

Edited by Duzzkilicious
  • Brohoof 2

I plan to finish Fallout 3 (probably, it won't happen, but anyway) and play Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4.

Also, Assassin's Creed. Never played it, but I'd like to try.

As far as series go, I want to play Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, Metroid, Grand Theft Auto, Portal, and Professor Layton.

As far as individual games go, I want to play Castlevania, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the original Ocarina of Time (have played the remake), the original Super Mario 64 (again, played the remake), and Donkey Kong Country.

• Brohoof 1

One series I wouldn't mind playing would be the Dynasty Warriors series of games. Granted, I've played Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors which are based on Dynasty but featuring the aforementioned Nintendo franchises, yet I'm curious to know how the main branch of the series plays in comparison. Before playing one of those for myself, I should watch a Let's Play of an earlier entry to get my feet wet so to speak.

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy series, Mario 64, Bayonetta, Fallout 4, and Skyrim. I'm nearing the end of Final Fantasy IX right now, and I've only beaten the first Metal Gear Solid, and started 2. I've never completed a FF game before now, and from what I played I really like it. I plan on playing 7 after, which I know is one of those must play games. Speaking of FF, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are the last Kingdom Hearts games I need to finish before 3 comes out.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

Oh wow I can't recommend playing the Metroid series enough, it's been one of my favorites since I first played Prime 1 when I was 7. If you have a Wii maybe you can hunt down a copy of Trilogy, which has all 3 Prime games just with Wii controls, though I personally prefer the Gamecube controller. Oh and if you have a GBA or care to emulate, Metroid Zero Mission's a great first sidescroller for you.

As for series I would like to try, I always wanted to play the Disgaea series, Persona 4, Nier Automata, and some strategy games like Total War and Nobunaga's Ambition. 

It's not that I haven't played any Zelda Games, it's just that outside of A Link Between Worlds and the awesome Breath of The Wild, I never really finished any.  I should probably change that sometime in the future.

I also would have to say Metroid is a game series that I should get into.  Maybe I can try out Samus Returns on the 3DS sometime soon as well.

I've always wanted to play Splatoon, but don't want to buy a Wii or a switch. 

Never played WWF No Mercy or any of the pre-SD vs. Raw WWE games. 

I wanted to play the WrestleKingdom games but they're in Japanese. 

Heard good things about the Fire Pro Wrestling series, but haven't given it a shot yet. 

Want to play Killer Instinct but don't own an Xbone

Kinda want to play Overwatch & TF2, but I'm not a fan of online play. 

I'd play For Honor, but don't for the same reason, as well as the other issues such as poor match making and ignoring the exploitable glitches. 

Might be interested in the upcoming SAO game, but it depends on how customizable the main character is.

Might get around to playing the Senran Kagura games (aka fan service dynasty warriors).

And speaking of, kinda wanted to play the Gundam Dynasty warrior games. 

Pretty much want to play most fighting games, if they weren't so difficult. Memorizing combos and patterns takes the fun out of it. I just want to punch things.

I want to play Black desert online, but I think it'd melt my computer if I did. Plus the classes have limited custom options. 

Also Nier automata, but again, I don't think my PC can run it and I've heard that the PC port has some issues. 

• Brohoof 1

always wanted to play fallout 4 since it looks really interesting and I haven't played a fallout game before... though... I never got the chance to play it at a friends house or buy it since im broke

what sucks is that I got the chance to play it when it was a free weekend on steam... but my computer cant even run it

Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid (the original) and Fire Emblem are ALL on my mind right now :huh: I've taken a REAL interest to these games :squee:

...and I'd also like to play Twilight Princess once day and see how it stacks up to Ocarina of Time as well as super Smash Bros Melee (which is the ONLY super smash bros game I HAVEN'T played yet) :catface:

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to go with the Banjo Kazooie series. I bought Rare Replay about two and a half years ago, but all I ever did was mess with Conker's Bad Fur Day. I want to record Banjo like I did Conker, but never really found the right moment. I was originally going to record it after I finished Gone Home, but then A Hat In Time came out... and that is a platformer I have been awaiting for ages. So looks like it will be a bit longer before I play any Banjo Kazooie game.

Might like to try Okami, if only because my crush loves the game so much. Such an amazing reason, I know! But honestly, I don't tend to seek out new video game series anymore. The last new series I started was Ace Attorney back in early 2016, and that was like one of two series (the other, Fire Emblem) I've really tried like post 2004 IIRC.

Suppose I would like to play Fire Emblem Warriors, since I think I'd be more of a fan of that style of gameplay than actual Fire Emblem gameplay itself. Even still, my past experiences with the Warriors style games is that they are rather shallow and just fun for a short amount of time. I could be wrong... But I definitely wouldn't want to pick up Fire Emblem Warriors at full price.

The bubble bobble series of games.

I've played bubble bobble neo on xbox and always planned to get puzzle bubble, the android app, the Wii version and a few other things knocking about but just never have. Strange considering I love the neo series but one day

6 hours ago, Envy said:

Might like to try Okami, if only because my crush loves the game so much. Such an amazing reason, I know! But honestly, I don't tend to seek out new video game series anymore. The last new series I started was Ace Attorney back in early 2016, and that was like one of two series (the other, Fire Emblem) I've really tried like post 2004 IIRC.

Suppose I would like to play Fire Emblem Warriors, since I think I'd be more of a fan of that style of gameplay than actual Fire Emblem gameplay itself. Even still, my past experiences with the Warriors style games is that they are rather shallow and just fun for a short amount of time. I could be wrong... But I definitely wouldn't want to pick up Fire Emblem Warriors at full price.

Once you pick up Okami you won't be able to put it down! If you have any interest in Japanese culture I highly recommend playing that game all the way through, as it deals with Shinto myths relating to the creation of Japan itself. The game is very open world, almost like a Zelda game in structure but with more functions and combat abilities you can learn. The best part about Okami is you have something called a Celestial brush that can use different powers from the gods to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. Not only is the story and combat good, the art is just amazing, probably the most beautiful I've seen in video games as it uses Japanese watercolor painting styles to give it a more mythological feel. Hue sorry about the long paragraph, this is my favorite game so I had to chime in :P

I've always wanted to play the Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda series.

TLoZ is especially difficult for me to get because Nintendo no longer sells their games and consoles in Brazil, so...You know what that means:

3.jpg

(Ironically, Nintendo stopped selling their products in Brazil exactly because of issues with piracy)

Probably Shenmue, but the games have been difficult to find at a reasonable price, not to mention I'm waiting on Sega to make an HD version of the first two games

Also Fallout, though mainly because I don't know where to start considering the franchise changes drastically between 2 and 3

I own a game that i plan on playing. But i am busy with other Final Fantasy games. I own a PS4 Pro, i have Final Fantasy 15 ready anytime on the shelf, but i haven't been able to play it yet.