Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like My Little Pony characters better as ponies or EQG-style humans?

NathanW200

Ponies or People  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Ponies or People

• Ponies-Friendship is Magic
    • People-Equestria Girls

Do you like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic or Equestria Girls better

Pinkie_Pie.png

Pinkie_Pie_%5C_laughter%5C__EG.png

I like Pinkie Pie Better as a pony a lot better as a pony to tell you thee truth I think My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is more popular anyway I really enjoy My Little Pony even more but Equestria Girls is good too I still watch that I just with we could see Sunset Shimmer as a pony more often

Edited by NathanW200
  • Brohoof 1

I prefer FIM. I find that universe more fascinating, including the characters being ponies. There's just something more magical about it. :pinkie:

I also like Equestria Girls, though. It's an interesting addition to the franchise, especially the connection between the pony and human worlds. Most of the characters still feel the same (with some exceptions like Filthy Rich), though they're a different species, and it also has some great new characters (especially Sunset Shimmer).

• Brohoof 3

They're already people, just a different race (like the Mass Effect aliens).

Should be "ponies or humans" -- in which case, I say ponies (though I still like the EQG humans).

Edited by A.V.

I would have to vote for humans/EQG over ponies/MLP if only for their designs.

Comparing how the mane 6 look vs how the main 7 look made me realize something.

People complained about the girls in EQG all having the same body type, yet the mane 6 in FiM also have the exact same body type as each other as well.  Except for Twilight after she became an alicorn, but for the first 3 seasons all of the main characters of the show pretty much have the same figure as one another.

Which in turn cheapens their designs as it doesn't really say much about their individual personalities when say someone like Applejack who works all day on a farm doing labor extensive work, something that would result in muscle building activities on a daily basis has the same figure as someone like Pinkie Pie who eats a lot of sweets all the time and lives in a bakery, as well as having the latter having the same body type as a pony like Rarity that would care a lot about appearances and would thus want to maintain a thin figure.

However thanks to the Digital Series, the main 7 now have much more individual and personalized designs than the mane 6 do.

While the cast do still all share pretty much the shame body type, clothing allows them to express themselves and showcase their personalities in their designs alone much more than the clothing-less mane 6 do. 

I mean just compare this

Image result for mane 6

to this:

Related image

If someone who hasn't seen any of these shows before and don't know anything about the characters, I am confident that they would get a better understanding from the Equestria Girls designs on the personalities of the characters then hey would get out of seeing the MLP designs.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

As this topic is directed to aid you in decision making related to a written piece instead of a completed one, I believe it would be more suitable for AK Yearling's Writing Resources. Therefore, it shall be relocated there.

Have a lovely day!

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Do you like My Little Pony characters better as ponies or EQG-style humans?