Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite music genre?

Blastbeat

Rock (almost all kinds of it), electro swing, metal (especially folk and symphonic), indie pop.

However, I listen to everything I like - from gypsy punk to vocaloids, not sticking to particular genres on purpose.

• Brohoof 2

I like

On the pop side:

• Soft Rock (from the 70s)
  • Soul/R&B (from the 60s/70s)
  • Oldies in general (same decades, 80s and beyond are NOT oldies! I was born in the 80s! lol)
  • Progressive and Psychedelic Rock (same as the above, mostly)
  • Brass Rock (Because wind instruments!)
  • British Folk/Rock
  • Some Punk Rock (especially Streetlight Manifesto, because wind instruments. But I like some others, like Bad Religion)

On the classical side:

• Medieval
  • Renaissance
  • Baroque
  • French Impressionism
  • Some Classic era
  • Whatever Gustav Holst is
  • Primitivism (Early Stravinsky!)
  • Brohoof 3

I'd say rock is my favorite genre, though I have a diverse taste in music – I think there are good songs in every genre. I also listen to music from various eras but prefer earlier songs (60s to early 00s) to most of today's music.

• Brohoof 3

Primarily alternative rock and its subgenres like grunge, along with progressive rock, Britpop, post-rock, pop rock, new wave, synthwave, chiptune, electronica, and ambient.

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, Prospektlicious said:

Primarily alternative rock and its subgenres like grunge, along with progressive rock, Britpop, post-rock, pop rock, new wave, synthwave, chiptune, electronica, and ambient.

Wow!!! You have some great music taste! :D 

I listen to pretty much the same stuff. 

Edited by Captain Clark
  • Brohoof 4

80's pop, classic rock, classical, jazz, swing and patter are genres that I tend to hold in high regard. I'm also a big fan of the vast majority of Disney soundtracks.:grin:

That being said, my preferences aren't that strong. I'll like anything regardless of it's genre as long as I genuinely think that it's catchy and well-composed.

• Brohoof 1