Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite music genre?

Blastbeat

• 2 weeks later...

While I enjoy some things along the line of indie, folk, neofolk, ambient (especially dark ambient), classical/orchestral, and post-rock, even some very specific bluegrass acts, my main focus is on metal, and primarily the extreme side. Black, death, doom, thrash, and combinations thereof. Melodic death, folk, progressive, and some power metal as well. Most true metal with fast tempos and harsh vocals will appeal to me.

well since i grew up on my father's and aunt's generation of rock music(especially since i got into rock music when my aunt's generation around the time it was in a decline in the mainstream when i was in my pre-teens which was around the mid 2000s-early 2010s and my aunt was in her late teens-early 20s during that time) i would have to go with alt rock(pop punk, britpop, grunge, new wave, post-punk, pretty much  most alt rock music from the beginning to today's alt rock) and alt metal(funk metal,grunge metal, rap metal, nu metal, industrial metal, post-metal, progressive metal, post-grunge) with my aunt's generation with listening to the best rock radio station to ever exist  in ohio and overall 100.7 wmms and also i grew up on kidz bop and some of the songs that kidz bop did were from my aunt's generation of my music now with my father's generation it would have to be glam metal and traditional metal thanks to the radio station that i mentioned that since it's a active rock station, vh1 classic, and pop culture just like with 90s & 2000s alt rock/metal and probably pmvs, amvs, and covers of rock songs of their generation not really much from my generation since my knowledge of my generation of rock music is very limited(especially since i only was exposed to it around a in middle school and was never really pay attention to it until i became a devoted music fan which i do enjoy metalcore, deathcore, indie rock, and kawaii metal but other than that not much about what my generation of rock music fans listen to do that is mainstream rock or started in the 2010s) so i don't really have nostalgia for my generation of music as i do with my aunt's generation and father's generation of rock music

Edited by twilightfan

-thrash metal

-power metal

-melodic death metal

-metalcore

-groove metal/post thrash

-symphonic metal

-goth metal

-crossover thrash

-speed metal (yes, it is its own distinct subgenre)

-brittish new wave of metal

-American new wave of metal

-some post punk

-some post hardcore and regular hardcore

(that's it for now)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

-thrash metal

-power metal

-melodic death metal

-metalcore

-groove metal/post thrash

-symphonic metal

-goth metal

-crossover thrash

-speed metal (yes, it is its own distinct subgenre)

-brittish new wave of metal

-American new wave of metal

-some post punk

-some post hardcore and regular hardcore

(that's it for now)

here's some great metalcore and metalcore-influenced music that won't have earraping screams by a metalcore band that don't know how to do great screaming in their music and is worst than what is screamo according to wikipedia not metal bands that are mislabeled as screamo by both the fans of these bands and some metal elitists(i am looking at you metal archives) like thursday, story of the year, and hawthorne heights and this coming from some who is open-minded and don't want to listen to music that will earrape me and this is coming from the someone who is from the generation that enjoys this earraping music instead of something like avenged sevenfold, skillet, disturbed, and five finger death punch those are good modern metal bands not these earraping metalcore bands some you might like others you won't based on what your opinion on glam metal and nu-metal bands that combines either of those two genres with metalcore because i know how vocal the metal elitists are and probably most vocal metalheads online that aren't like young adults and more like middle-age metalheads but i am not sure if these are the majority of middle-age metalheads or not since the middle-age glam metal fans and nu metal and alt metal fans aren't as vocal(at least that is what it seems like online) and the middle-age metal elitists who raise their child to be metal elitists or some stupid other reason that younger metalheads think that "all good metal needs to be brutal as possible if it's not it's metal for posers" metal elitist mentality like this closed-minded metalhead youtuber called killbot&gorgoratack!!!

amongtheherd

princewhateverer

metal core pony

black veil brides

blessed by a broken heart

unlock the truth

Edited by twilightfan
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite music genre is Classic Rock,but I also like 80s pop,a teeny bit of Ska,old skool Rap,Punk,70s-90s Metal (thrash metal is preferred) and Instrumental.

Here are some of the artists/bands I listen to:

• AC/DC 
  • The Beatles 
  • Ramones
  • Queen 
  • Bon Jovi
  • Alice cooper
  • Aerosmith
  • Van Halen (my favorite ^^) 
  • The Doors
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Johnny Cash
  • Boston
  • Chicago
  • Soundgarden
  • Whitesnake
  • Aerosmith
  • The Police
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Dio
  • Black Sabbath (both Ozzy and Dio)
  • Cream
  • The Who
  • Eric Clapton 
  • KISS
  • Jimi Hendrix 
  • Santana
  • Anthrax
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Led Zeppelin
  • WAR 
  • Guns'N Roses 
  • Megadeth
  • Slayer
  • U2
  • Judas Priest 
  • Elton John
  • Pink Floyd 
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • The Rolling Stones
  • Nirvana 
  • E.L.O 
  • Metallica ( anything from "The Black Album" and before)
  • Iron Maiden
  • The Clash

On 2/13/2018 at 6:05 AM, twilightfan said:

well since i grew up on my father's and aunt's generation of rock music(especially since i got into rock music when my aunt's generation around the time it was in a decline in the mainstream when i was in my pre-teens which was around the mid 2000s-early 2010s and my aunt was in her late teens-early 20s during that time) i would have to go with alt rock(pop punk, britpop, grunge, new wave, post-punk, pretty much  most alt rock music from the beginning to today's alt rock) and alt metal(funk metal,grunge metal, rap metal, nu metal, industrial metal, post-metal, progressive metal, post-grunge) with my aunt's generation with listening to the best rock radio station to ever exist  in ohio and overall 100.7 wmms and also i grew up on kidz bop and some of the songs that kidz bop did were from my aunt's generation of my music now with my father's generation it would have to be glam metal and traditional metal thanks to the radio station that i mentioned that since it's a active rock station, vh1 classic, and pop culture just like with 90s & 2000s alt rock/metal and probably pmvs, amvs, and covers of rock songs of their generation not really much from my generation since my knowledge of my generation of rock music is very limited(especially since i only was exposed to it around a in middle school and was never really pay attention to it until i became a devoted music fan which i do enjoy metalcore, deathcore, indie rock, and kawaii metal but other than that not much about what my generation of rock music fans listen to do that is mainstream rock or started in the 2010s) so i don't really have nostalgia for my generation of music as i do with my aunt's generation and father's generation of rock music

i forgot to mention which of my favorite genres i enjoy the most which is alt metal because i think  alt metal is more experimental metal music than everything else metal because most other metal music justtake influences from punk not anything outside of punk with funk metal having funk elements and rap metal and nu metal having hip hop influences which is great for someone who enjoys variety in metal and alt metal have more variety of influences than you would hear in most metal genres outside of metal and this is coming from somebody who favorite band of all-time is green day and i find that other rock music influenced by punk is more experimental than metal but don't have a very heavy raw sound and alt metal is pretty much the only rock music that have that kind of sound which i think alot of devoted metalheads hate when metal have influences outside of punk and this is coming from someone who is a teenager and have seen alt metal get the most backlash of metal music for various reasons with the metal online community this is why most alt metal bands aren't getting the mainstream attention they deserve and hope i am not the only one that feels this way about the metal community and it's the same with everything alt rock not just alt metal with other rock genres getting more praise than alt rock i hate how the rock community is bashing on alt rock instead of just complaining about alt rock actually listen to underground alt rock bands not just mainstream alt rock bands i have seen how alot of underground alt rock bands sound as great as mainstream alt rock if not better than mainstream alt rock i listen to alt rock because i am enjoy it not to look cool i even hate music fans like that it's just as bad as being a music elitist if you actually give a damn about rock music you will realize that everything alt rock is the most underrated rock genre to exist not anything metal or punk and this is coming from someone who used to be a rock elitist before joining the fandom

Edited by twilightfan

Metal and hard rock. Or a combination of both. I like very fast music or even some slower darker one with very deep voices something like Megaherz or Rammstein (both German bands). Since some weeks I realy enjoy female metal singers. It's something very good. The combination of the higher voice and the feelings in it. What's left inside by Conquer Divide and Made of lies by Elysion are my favourite female vocal songs in the moment.

Love you all my fellow Bronies <3