Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Car or Motorbike

RainbowLunaNight

Hello, i have a question. I want to create my driver license but i can't chose for car or motorbike. Cars have a they have their pros as well as motorbikes.

Cars Pros:

- Can can carry 4-5 people at a time

- Air conditioning

- A roof over the head :) 

Cars Cons:

- Traffic Jams

- High repair cost

- High cost of insurance

Motorbikes Pros:

- No Traffic Jams :orly:

- Low cost of repair (I do not have to have a 1000cm motor)

- Low cost of insurance ( 340/100 vs 1900/600 in my native country)

Motorbikes Cons:

- Dependence on the weather

- Only can carry 1-2 people at time

What do you think about it? what would you choose? I need your opinion! If you have anything else about pluses and minuses, write it.

(if I wrote this post in the wrong section, I am sorry and please move)

• Brohoof 1

I would always choose a car in this situation, but that's just me.

Cars are more useful, but are obviously a lot more expensive.

Unless traffic jams are a big issue where you are, then I wouldn't consider it as a pro or con.

Motorbikes also have the issue of having a higher chance of injury or death in a collision.

These are my thoughts. Hope they helped in some way.

Edited by sciencewill98
  • Brohoof 1

Well, for me is the biggest advantage of car is a safety. It has 4 wheels and you feel confidently on the road in any weather. Does not matter if there's ice or water on the road.

Also if some not very attentive person will hit you on the road you will have a scratched door instead of broken spine.

• Brohoof 2

"Motorbikes also have the issue of having a higher chance of injury or death in a collision." - Yeah, I forgot about that, but i'm not worried about it.

Thanks for your opinion, and I am waiting for the opinions of others.

• Brohoof 1

Motorbikes present less protection in a collision with other vehicles or even animals crossing their path. They also leave the driver vulnerable to the elements like rain, snow and even hot sun, and can be more unstable in bad conditions.

Cars aren't perfect either, but they do give some safety cushion between the driver and outside elements. Cars may burn more gas, but there are smaller cars that have tremendous gas mileage. I drive a Smart Fortwo, which, as the name suggests, seats only two people. Like a motorbike, it has great mileage and limited passenger space, but it also provides greater protection and stability. I would go for a small, economical car (maybe a hybrid) rather than a bike.

• Brohoof 4

I think a car would be best fitting if where you live experiences all seasons. If you get a motorcycle and have a snow day you might end up having to purchase a snowmobile too xD

Yeah I would also choose a car because of where I live; the temperature gets below 0°F this time of year and the snow and ice is insane. Heck I've barely been able to drive my car during the past three days; I can't even imagine only having a motorbike. Plus cars are a lot safer.

But if cost is an issue (and extreme weather isn't) than a motorbike should be fine, just be super super careful.

Drive both and go with what makes you happy. If you’re a bike guy, you’ll never be happy stuck in a “cage”. If you’re not a bike guy, bikes tend to be frightening and not worth the hassle.

Give em both a try, and if you can, try a variety of each-try a sport bike, a tourer, a scrambler, and a cruiser. Try a regular sedan, a sports coupe, a pickup, an SUV, and maybe even try a classic (pre-90s) car. You might be surprised what you find attractive if you open up your options. 

This is the best way I know of to make sure you get exactly what you want. Look,at what you can afford, and try it all out. Then make your decision based on economic and emotional factors. 

Cars man cars ! I'm a huge fan of motorbike, it's my passion but first you need to have a license for cars, it's much more useful and practical, when you'll have more experience of the road, pass a motorbike license ! :)
I did that, and all my friends too, then we bought bikes and now we're the kind of the world :orly:

Having never been to Poland, I can't speak entirely for the situation there, but at least in the US I'd say car. If you abide by every rule and do everything right on a motorbike, you still face much more of a risk of your life than in a car. Motorbikes are cool, but just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Edited by BlueStreak98

• 4 weeks later...

I personally like cars because of their customization, like if I were to make one by hand there are many different looks I could give the car and either give more cargo capacity, handling abilities, luxury, more speed, or what ever because the car is bigger and the engine type has lots of customization options.  of course bike has the benefit of being lighter and more nimble but a car can achieve nearly the same effects as a bike if in the hands of the right engineer.  Now that's not to say we should ignore bikes because bikes just like cars have different taste and some people just love riding on their two wheeled vehicle and being able to feel the air freely on all their body and are able to lean into corners making for an exciting experience.  Not all bikes can lean but that's ok because certain others give you that look that you may desire and feel like the king/queen of the road and no one can touch you.

I've been thinking of trading my Honda in for a motorcycle, but then I'd lose the amount of cargo my Honda can hold. That, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a special licence to operate a motorcycle? I think I'll just stick with my Honda for now.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm definitely a motorcycle person. Cars are big and clumsy, and I hate driving them. Motorcycles on the other hand are small, light (relatively), and nimble. You feel like you're a part of the machine instead of feeling like you're trying to control a rhinoceros.

And it's only dependent on weather if you're a wimp :orly:

Also, lane splitting is illegal in nearly every state in the US, so you still get stuck in traffic. It's kind of stupid because doing that helps not only yourself, but it slightly decreases traffic, too.

A car!:love:Cause I can carry a'lot of stuff in it,I can listen to music or radio stations in private,and I also can travel anywhere knowing that I have supplies stored in my trunk or backseat:sealed:while also having a air conditioner in case I driving through a desert!:angry: