Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Canada?

Feather Scribbles

Environment? Cold :wacko:

Politically/socially? Not perfect, but you can't please everyone so no country ever is. I think it's much better than the US though.

I've only been to the Niagara Falls part when I was... 7 or 8 I think, so I wouldn't really count that as visiting Canada. I would love to go to Quebec though :kindness:

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 4

Environmentally, Canada is fairly cold, especially in Sasketchewan or provinces further north, but honestly better than Texas.

Politically, It's a better version of the United States, really. Though I'd really prefer Norway or the Netherlands in that regard, still much better than the United States (particularly on Foreign Policy and Healthcare).

I live in southwestern Ontario, which can be one big community in and of itself.  For example, you can meet someone in Windsor but hear rumors about them in Sarnia.  I've only lived where I currently live for a couple of years, I would like to travel around Canada a bit more, the furthest I've went was to Toronto on the train but I would like to go further than that!  I would like to go coast to coast at some point!

I've lived here all my life and am grateful for it. I've visited the United States and the United Kingdom and enjoyed both, but still like Canada the most. The weather is very cold in the winter (it was just -25C or -13F), but you get used to it after a while. 

Well as a Canadian I guess I'm a little biased but I've also lived in America so I can say that I like both places equally. I'm not a political person, so I won't really get into that. As for the environment, I would say the stereotype that Canadians are always nice doesn't always hold up but we still have kind people in general. Both countries are very patriotic, believe it or not I think Canada is more patriotic than the US. I'm not a big city type, so naturally I like the more rural areas in Canada and America, they're similar in a lot of ways. 

Edited by Ammy

we have poutine, all dressed chips and maple syrup, I love living here

...that and we peace keepers for the majority of the time

• Brohoof 3

Politically, I have mixed feelings about Canada. But I don't think my home country, the United States, is any better. *shrug*

Otherwise, though, I could see myself loving Canada. Especially somewhere like Alberta, since I have lived in Colorado my entire life. The Rocky Mountains are my home. And from what I've seen of the Canadian Rockies in pictures and whatnot, HOLY CRAP it looks like paradise, especially in places like Banff National Park.

Yeah, winters are supposed to be a whole lot more intense, but I'm willing to deal with snow and ice if it means living in such a beautiful country.

Also... I'm a hockey fan. So I wouldn't hesitate to check out the local scene. :D

• Brohoof 5

I love being Canadian I mean what's not to love about Canada we got Tim Hortons,great healthcare,beautiful landscapes,hockey (also know as the family destroyer game legit my family likes different teams and always argue about what team is the best) those are just some of the best part the stuff that sucks for me is THE COLD!!!!! I just can't do much but sit inside where I live it gets way to cold. The government could be a little better to.

Edited by DatBronyGuy

Other than the PSA involving the fictional house hippo, most of their PSAs I've seen are disturbing. Just look the Nostalgia Critic review of some of their commercials  (the reviews he does of them are annual, every November from 2013-2017) talking about certain things.

I won't say what, but they're easy to look up. Just YouTube search for Nostalgia Critic Canada Complication. That video should show what I mean.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Video name

I've lived in Canada since 1993 and during my time here, I completely despise winter due to how cold it gets and how much snow falls before it stops. I don't like shovelling it either but I know it has to be done otherwise it will only build up until it can no longer be shovelled. However, I especially love where I live during the summer months as it gets really hot. I thrive in the heat and yearn for it.

• Brohoof 2

I like living here about as much I'd say I'd enjoy living in the USA, except 

1. No Poutine there

2. Very few Tim Hortons there

3. Despite living in Ottawa, it's surprisingly not super overcrowded.

Canada has always seemed like a rather lovely place to live. There doesn't ever seem to be extreme situations on politics nor a ton of patriotic arrogance like in the US. So basically it is like the US without some of its major flaws and without its brain-dead leadership. If I could, I would move there instantly, teleportation style.

1 hour ago, Bronylicious Wannabe said:

Well us Canadians got the RCMP, maple taffy, and also Tim Hortons which I think is easily one of the best things ever created. (mmm, honey crullers...)

50 pack timbits

• Brohoof 1