Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Canada?

Feather Scribbles

I have visited several times and would relish the opportunity to go again. So far my travels have been limited to Ontario and Quebec. I might even consider moving there someday but I really would want a better understanding of the history, culture, and politics. I do know that despite what some tourist t-shirts say, the national motto is not “Eh?” :P 

• Brohoof 1

Traveled there once. Visited Thunder Bay, Ontario. Quaint place, through the food could've been better.

Overall? Pretty good place. They've got money that smells like maple syrup. They're the second largest country on earth. They're currently waging the most gentlemanly war in history against Denmark. Oh and they helped co-create this one really popular show that got a lot of attention outside it's intended demographic.

They really like their pro-wrestling. Churn out hundreds of fantastic athletes each year, and made some iconic competitors.

Spoiler

Image result for canadians in pro wrestling

Oh and they love their heavy metal too. 

Spoiler

Now go listen to some Annihilator, eh? 

Image result for mlp canada day

Speaking as a Canadian, Canada's great! What's not to love? We've got Tim Hortons, hockey, curling, ketchup chips, poutine, Kraft Dinner, maple syrup...

... And snow. Lots of snow. Not a big fan of all the snow. Or the cold. Or winter in general. Also, contrary to popular belief, we do not live in igloos, ride dogsleds to Tims for coffee or hunt polar bears in Toronto streets. Sorry to disappoint you. 

Probably one of favourite places on Earth, probably because that's where the show is based and also because of Sibsy who used to work on the show and that I am a big fan of her OC, Wild Fire.

7 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I've only been to the Niagara Falls part when I was... 7 or 8 I think, so I wouldn't really count that as visiting Canada. I would love to go to Quebec though :kindness:

Montreal (in Quebec) and Toronto are two must visit cities in Canada. :P 

Just make sure you go during the summer. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'm planning on moving there at some point within the next couple of years, to live with my boyfriend.

I just visited Canada for the first time last month and it was every bit as amazing as I'd hoped.

• Brohoof 1

Climate-wise, it’s too cold most of the year for my tastes. Mountains there are beautiful, but then again, the Colorado Rockies are close enough to the experience for it to not be worth the trek for me.

In terms of Politics/Society, they are way too liberal for me. I’m a conservative nationalist, and a proud Deplorable. No thank you to national healthcare and penalties for “misgendering”someone.

So yeah, Canada isn’t where I want to be. TBH, I see it as just a colder version of the American Midwest with more French speakers and worse Politics.  My home state of Kansas is much more to my tastes.

However, the people there are nice and, as I said earlier, some of the natural landmarks are beautiful. So it’s not a total loss.

Edited by Attack of the Pwns

It is a country that is allied with mine, and its probably colder, its also the home of my favorite Twitch steamer. Though I've heard you can be punished for misgendering someone, and because of that I don't even want go near the U.S/Canadian boarder. Unless that law dissolves I don't foresee myself visiting Canada anytime soon. Which is a shame, because it was on my bucket list of countries to visit.

Ah good ol Canada. Freezing weather, maple syrup, hockey, not to mention them weird Canadian accents...ok that was really stereotypical. :lol: Honestly, I never been to Canada, so I wouldn't know what it's like there. I wouldn't mind visiting Canada though. :squee:

Oh, I would move there if I could. But I hear it's pretty difficult - my mom knows some people who moved from Canada (why in the world they did that, I don't know!), and she's heard it from that... With recent er... developments in the country that borders southern Canada, we have looked Northward. But will probably have to settle for a Northeastern state bordering Canada where at least the people vote better.

Canada brought me The Raccoons, Bizarre, SCTV and many of my favorite comedians.

Canada rocks, as far as I'm concerned.

And due to The Raccoons, I'm willing to forgive the Beiber thing.

• 2 weeks later...