Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teen Titans Go: The Movie

Steve Piranha

I really don't care, honestly.

Kids love it and that's their target audience, the more hate you give it, the more powerful it becomes.

And I have to agree with youtuber REBELTAXI "You are all becoming your parents who told you not to watch Cow and Chicken"

And he's right, TTG's humor is up their with that terrible show.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Why does this show upset so many people?

... because it's a pale reminder of what could have been if Teen Titans had been continued to exist in its' original incarnation.

Titans-teen-titans-10375818-1024-721.thumb.jpg.a6618c883a457ef6a981b53bf52a9a44.jpg

To me, it's like telling someone they can no longer have BACON... but giving them a jar of Bac-Os as a consolation.

And as any true fan of flavor can tell you, Bac-Os are NOT bacon.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Still, I hate the bullshit excuse that they won't be putting Slade because "A villain as serious and frightening as him won't suit the show".

They're not including Slade? They should given how he was the quintessential villain in the original Teen Titans cartoon. I mean, sure, he isn't what I would call humorous and was known for his manipulations, but he deserves to be included. If they can parody the likes of Darkseid, one who is more evil than Slade could ever be, then Slade can be given the same treatment.

23 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

... because it's a pale reminder of what could have been if Teen Titans had been continued to exist in its' original incarnation.

Titans-teen-titans-10375818-1024-721.thumb.jpg.a6618c883a457ef6a981b53bf52a9a44.jpg

That's the dumbest reason to dislike anything I've ever heard. I mean, that's like claiming that The Dark Knight is the worst movie ever because it's not the same thing as Adam West's Batman. 

21 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

They're not including Slade? They should given how he was the quintessential villain in the original Teen Titans cartoon. I mean, sure, he isn't what I would call humorous and was known for his manipulations, but he deserves to be included. If they can parody the likes of Darkseid, one who is more evil than Slade could ever be, then Slade can be given the same treatment.

Dunno if Slade will be in the movie, but I was referring to the show, where after 4 seasons, he has yet to receive an active and spoken role

3 minutes ago, Yamet said:

That's the dumbest reason to dislike anything I've ever heard. I mean, that's like claiming that The Dark Knight is the worst movie ever because it's not the same thing as Adam West's Batman. 

Actually I think it’s a pretty valid reason to dislike something. If you liked something, and then it’s follow up is completely different, there is no guarantee it’ll match up with your tastes anymore.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

Dunno if Slade will be in the movie, but I was referring to the show, where after 4 seasons, he has yet to receive an active and spoken role

Rumor has it, they asked Ron Perlman to return to make fun of Slade, and he said "no".

53 minutes ago, Karnak said:

And he's right, TTG's humor is up their with that terrible show.

Except that Cow and Chicken was always just it’s own independent, irreverent goofy thing. Meanwhile TTG made the grave mistake of trying to be a spin off of a more sincere and heartfelt show about teenage superheroes and proceeded to make them all idiots.

Not to mention they have the nerve to constantly pull weak Take That’s on their critics, which wins them no goodwill at all.

And for the record, I think Cow and Chicken is still pretty funny, even 20 years later... SUPERCOW AL RESCATE!!

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Except that Cow and Chicken was always just it’s own independent, irreverent goofy thing. Meanwhile TTG made the grave mistake of trying to be a spin off of a more sincere and heartfelt show about teenage superheroes and proceeded to make them all idiots.

Not to mention they have the nerve to constantly pull weak Take That’s on their critics, which wins them no goodwill at all.

And for the record, I think Cow and Chicken is still pretty funny, even 20 years later... SUPERCOW AL RESCATE!!

To each their own I guess.

6 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Actually I think it’s a pretty valid reason to dislike something. If you liked something, and then it’s follow up is completely different, there is no guarantee it’ll match up with your tastes anymore.

Yeah...that's very true! Too true!

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Karnak said:

To each their own I guess.

Red Guy is hilarious. Blends pretty seamlessly with this Cuphead fan animatic actually.

That voice acting man. And then there was I Am Weasel. He was great.

Oh man, I’m singing the theme song now...

Mama had a Chicken, Mama had a Cow, Dad was proud, he didn’t care how! Da da! Da da dada da!

In my humble opinion...

TTG should teach the folks at Cartoon Network a valuable lesson:

Outside of parodies, don't use heartfelt, serious, and deep characters as comic relief when such a role was never the intention when they were initially created. That's not to say there are no funny or lighthearted moments in the original show. But those moments aren't the focus. The humor isn't forced. It comes naturally.

Basically, this sums up what I think:

15 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Meanwhile TTG made the grave mistake of trying to be a spin off of a more sincere and heartfelt show about teenage superheroes and proceeded to make them all idiots.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Though I remember Robin mentioning him a couple of times. Still, Slade needs to show up as he was instrumental in the first cartoon.

2 hours ago, Prospekt said:

In my humble opinion...

TTG should teach the folks at Cartoon Network a valuable lesson:

Outside of parodies, don't use heartfelt, serious, and deep characters as comic relief when such a role was never the intention when they were initially created. That's not to say there are no funny or lighthearted moments in the original show. But those moments aren't the focus. The humor isn't forced. It comes naturally.

Basically, this sums up what I think:

They're making money, what lesson?

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

He'll be in the movie. Instead of Ron Perlman, he's being voiced by Will Arnett.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/01/10/heres-your-exclusive-first-look-teen-titans-go-movies/1014527001/

Anyway, while I'm no fan of this show, I have no issue with this existing. It has an audience that does like it, and that audience is clearly big enough for Warner Bros. to want to do this.

48 minutes ago, A.V. said:

TTG's ratings suck, and I've never seen TTG toys in any store.

What money?

Don't know about toys, but TTG is actually one of CN's highest rated shows. Does well with kids.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Don't know about toys, but TTG is actually one of CN's highest rated shows. Does well with kids.

It’s only CN’s highest rated show because it’s practically the only thing it airs

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Not how it works. TTG airs so much because of how well it does.

And in turn it does so well because it’s all it airs. 

It’s both annoying the audience and is unfair for new shows

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Prowl said:

And in turn it does so well because it’s all it airs. 

It’s both annoying the audience and is unfair for new shows

If people were that annoyed by it, they could just change the channel when it comes on. Ratings would fall and CN would stop airing it so much.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Yamet said:

That's the dumbest reason to dislike anything I've ever heard.

Then what isn't a dumb reason to dislike something...? Seriously, the show literally exists to riff the original series and that's not offensive to you in any way?

If people were that annoyed by it, they could just change the channel when it comes on. Ratings would fall and CN would stop airing it so much.

That's not going to happen because the actual audience of the show actually likes it's braindead and downright shameful humor. You don't understand the fact that everyone else BUT the people who watch it are annoyed and they have no way of nfixing it and even if they did CN wouldn't care. 

Edited by Duzzkey