Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teen Titans Go: The Movie

Steve Piranha

I do not understand the big deal about this. It's just a movie. Don't watch it if the show is so bad.

55 minutes ago, Duzzkey said:

.You can't just say a show with constant fart jokes is good just because "it's Teen Titans," .

Well, you can't say that such a show is bad just because "it's Teen Titans" either but that's what you are doing.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Duzzkey said:

No it isn't, you clearly haven't read any of he posts I was making.

Your point is that it's bad because it's an insult to the old show. And why do you think that it's a insult to the old show? Because "it's Teen Titans". In other words it bad because "it's Teen Titans".

Just now, Gestum said:

Your point is that it's bad because it's an insult to the old show. And why do you think that it's a insult to the old show? Because "it's Teen Titans". In other words it bad because "it's Teen Titans".

That's some serious mental gymnastics.

Just now, Gestum said:

Then you're free to explain how I am wrong.

Not liking Teen Titans Go has nothing to do with disliking the original series. That's exactly what you said right? Flawed statement.

In fact, I actually liked the original Teen Titans, I  just find TTG to be completely disrespectful to the source material.

19 minutes ago, Duzzkey said:

Not liking Teen Titans Go has nothing to do with disliking the original series. That's exactly what you said right? Flawed statement.

That's literally the opposite of what he said. His point was that you dislike it because you're a fan of the old one. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Yamet said:

That's literally the opposite of what he said. His point was that you dislike it because you're a fan of the old one. 

30 minutes ago, Gestum said:

Actually that's exactly what he said. 

1 hour ago, Duzzkey said:

I even bolded the place where he said it. How can you not see that?

Because it was taken completely out of context. Gestum's point, though poorly worded, was that you only hate the show because you view it as an insult to the old teen titans show, which means that if one where to replace the main characters with say the legion of super heroes you wouldn't hate  it anymore, hence why you "only hate it because it's teen titans".  

Just now, Yamet said:

Because it was taken completely out of context. Gestum's point, though poorly worded, was that you only hate the show because you view it as an insult to the old teen titans show, which means that if one where to replace the main characters with say the legion of super heroes you wouldn't hate  it anymore, hence why you "only hate it because it's teen titans".  

Not true. It doesn't matter what it is a spinoff of, if something that bad aired as a spinoff of anything I would hate it for the same reason.

Just now, Duzzkey said:

Not true. It doesn't matter what it is a spinoff of, if something that bad aired as a spinoff of anything I would hate it for the same reason.

But then you're still not judging the show by it's own merit, so the point still stands. 

Also, teen titans go is hardly a spin off at all. I mean, it's got a different art style, different continuity, the characters act completely different, etc etc.    

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Yamet said:

But then you're still not judging the show by it's own merit, so the point still stands. 

Also, teen titans go is hardly a spin off at all. I mean, it's got a different art style, different continuity, the characters act completely different, etc etc.    

Yes I am. I'm judging it based on it's lack of merit as well as it's complete lack of respect for the show. Your false equivalencies aren't going to change the facts of my judgments.

It is officially considered a spinoff...?

Just now, Duzzkey said:

Yes I am. I'm judging it based on it's lack of merit as well as it's complete lack of respect for the show.

But you haven't even brought up anything other than that it's an insult to the old show. Well, and that it has occasional fart and butt jokes but that's a pretty dumb reason to dislike it as well. 

1 minute ago, Duzzkey said:

And your point is? It's still different enough that it should be treated like a new show.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Duzzkey said:

I even bolded the place where he said it. How can you not see that?

I saw the bold clearly, I still fail to see how you came to that conclusion 

13 minutes ago, Duzzkey said:

AAAAANNNNNNND there's the reason why: all that TTG hate it's because they just happen to be a parody of a beloved older show that it's not judged by it's own merits. All that nonsense it's because "They've made a dumb show out of one of my most beloved ones, so it sucks" :dry:. I admit the show's sense of humor ain't for me, but because it's based on the original TT, it actually make episode that make jokes out of the original TT elements, makes it funnier

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

AAAAANNNNNNND there's the reason why: all that TTG hate it's because they just happen to be a parody of a beloved older show that it's not judged by it's own merits. All that nonsense it's because "They've made a dumb show out of one of my most beloved ones, so it sucks" :dry:. I admit the show's sense of humor ain't for me, but because it's based on the original TT, it actually make episode that make jokes out of the original TT elements, makes it funnier

Aaaand you just proved your ability to read is selective. I posted as a reply to anoher post I'd treat another show the exact same way.  You and the others are just making a false equivalency that's saying just because I don't like TTG means that I don't like it because it's Teen Titans, which is insultingly stupid.

3 minutes ago, Yamet said:

But you haven't even brought up anything other than that it's an insult to the old show. Well, and that it has occasional fart and butt jokes but that's a pretty dumb reason to dislike it as well. 

And your point is? It's still different enough that it should be treated like a new show.

Yes I did, and you just quoted it. Actually no it isn't, distasteful humor is actually a pretty reasonable reason to dislike a show, but you can't stand insults to TTG because you're too biased in its favor to recognize it's faults. You're just acting like you do.

I just disproved the other point that you made, that was the point...? I can't believe you can be this stupid for the sake of creating an argument.

30 minutes ago, Duzzkey said:

Aaaand you just proved your ability to read is selective. I posted as a reply to anoher post I'd treat another show the exact same way.  You and the others are just making a false equivalency that's saying just because I don't like TTG means that I don't like it because it's Teen Titans, which is insultingly stupid.

Well, and that claim would be convincing if you haven't stated previously that TTG is an insult to the original TT. Sorry, but next time try to make your own arguments instead of following the hate crowd that we all know >_>

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Well, and that claim would be convincing if you haven't stated previously that TTG is an insult to the original TT. Sorry, but next time try to make your own arguments instead of following the hate crowd that we all know >_>

I've watched the show and completely agree with what they're saying. Even then that "hate crowd" is basically everyone but the small few who enjoy juvenile humor, and completely shameful insults because it's Teen Titans still. That is how weak I see your defense. Saying my opinion is invalid because it's Teen Titans is pretty fucking immature if I say so myself.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Actually, it's because TTG is a bad parody.

Remember those New Teen Titans shorts? They were a parody as well... yet in a way most people actually liked.

But TTG? Unlikable protagonists, lowest-common-denominator "humor," constant "Attack the critics" moments, an outright god-complex (e.g., "Your new favorite show"), etc.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Actually, it's because TTG is a bad parody. Remember those New Teen Titans shorts? They were a parody as well... yet in a way most people actually liked.

But TTG? Unlikable protagonists, lowest-common-denominator "humor," constant "Attack the critics" moments, an outright god-complex (e.g., "Your new favorite show"), etc.

What I;ve been telling them, and they've rejected it and said "it's because it's Teen Titans." That's literally the entire third and half of the fourth page.

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Actually, it's because TTG is a bad parody. Remember those New Teen Titans shorts? They were a parody as well... yet in a way most people actually liked.

And that's a valid reason. Problem is, being good or bad parody regardless, most haters fail to see it's a parody in the first place >_>. That it's why the critics deserve most of the jokes at their expense. It's not the same "This show sucks because it's childish humor it's stupid and fails as a parody and too unlikable characters" with "This show sucks because it uses the original TT and disgrace it's legacy". You are entitled to have an opinion with the former, but with the latter (specially if you make campaigns to boycott it) it's like asking to be made fun of by the show itself :D  

• Brohoof 1

First my reaction to the title of this was like: 

And then when I saw the troll vid on the top of the post I was like: 

But then when I read through the spoilers I was like: 

Seriously...why? Just why? Teen Titans Go isn't even movie worthy at all. Doesn't even compare to the original. Ugh...this is why I quit Cartoon Network. I could go on and on and say all the things wrong with that show. It's not serious at all. It's too comedic and most of all, it lacks depth. The Original Teen Titans should've had a movie...just...ugh...my childhood is officially ruined. 

• Brohoof 1