Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Theory on Why My Little Pony : Friendship Is Magic Teases Rarity x Spike

bwrosas

11 minutes ago, Jeric said:

They aren't teasing a ship. It's a schoolboy crush. There have been dozens before and will be dozens after. 

What's the difference between a ship tease and a schoolboy crush?

10 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'd guess the feeling has to be mutual in the former, while the latter is one-sided. Rarity does care about Spike but as a friend.

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

For one, connotation. Narratively, a crush is one sided and immature. A relationship is reciprocated. The difference between the two is about the size of the Pacific Ocean. It's in the word relationship ... relation. In a crush you remove the romantic relation that the object of the crush has to to the character who has the crush since it is (again) one sided. 

Neurologically the limbic system is doing with it would normally do with love, however with crushes, there tends to be less activity in the cerebrum, which acts as our break that helps to control instinctual impulse. 

• Brohoof 2

Remember that this topic is directed towards the quality of the content itself moreso than its topic. As this is section is not directed towards discussion, try to avoid going too deep into it 'til the point of disregard of the original poster's product.