Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Souls Switch Remaster Hype

ultrairongorilla

It'll also be releasing on PC, but for some reason most headlines aren't including it. I really like the Dark Souls series- I don't play a lot of games these days, particularly serious RPGs, but Dark Souls is an exception. I'm pretty excited to see the differences between the original and this. I do like that it'll run native 4K at 60FPS, so people can do away with their glitchy FPS fixes.

I wish I could be more excited for this, but I'm simply not. I have Dark Souls on Xbox One already through backwards compatibility so paying $40 for just 'performance improvements' doesn't entice me much. It being on the Switch is cool...but it was announced in a direct that was mostly ports, so it just didn't really give me any sense of excitement. For those that do not own the game already or simply want to re-experience it with the enhancements, that's awesome for them, I just wish I could feel the same way for myself.

• Brohoof 2

This might give me the best chance to actually sit down and give the game a serious play through; especially considering the FPS issues with Blighttown. I hate to say this but I might end up getting the PS4 and Switch versions just cause... >_>

A pity Demon's Souls isn't getting the same treatment, but ah well.

• Brohoof 1

OMG IT’S ACTUALLY HAPPENING?? Yeeeees!!

I’ve always wanted to play and I know I’m gonna suck, but I wanna get my flank kicked by Dark Souls monsters so baaaaad!! :D

praise_the_celestia_by_romaniz-d4lhtsm.j

Edited by ShadOBabe

On 1/11/2018 at 9:27 AM, Kyoshi said:

I wish I could be more excited for this, but I'm simply not. I have Dark Souls on Xbox One already through backwards compatibility so paying $40 for just 'performance improvements' doesn't entice me much. It being on the Switch is cool...but it was announced in a direct that was mostly ports, so it just didn't really give me any sense of excitement. For those that do not own the game already or simply want to re-experience it with the enhancements, that's awesome for them, I just wish I could feel the same way for myself.

As far as I'm concerned it's worth buying again if the PvP community is more active and netcode isn't hot garbage.

I'd love to be able to play DS1's PvP without playing the lagstab game

• Brohoof 1

Might give it a go as i’ve always wanted to try this series. And the prospect of playing this game on the go is great

This is all just wishful thinking but I'd honestly love

1. Moving while drinking estus
2. Omnidirectional movement and rolling when targeting
3. A rebalancing of the rings and maybe an extra 2 ring slots
4. Powerstancing and weapon arts
5. An infusion system to get rid of colored titanite
6. Remove embers or make certain embers easier to get, it's dumb how the enchanted ember is available right out of the gate but the large magic ember is locked until late game.
7. DS3's bleed/luck system
8. Make Pyromancy scale with int/faith so you can't just cheese the entire game at level 1.
9. More variety for casters in terms of weapons, spells, catalysts, and rings
10. Make casters actually viable for once
11. Fix the netcode so PvP isn't just lagstab fishing as usual.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Annie said:

This is all just wishful thinking but I'd honestly love

1. Moving while drinking estus
2. Omnidirectional movement and rolling when targeting
3. A rebalancing of the rings and maybe an extra 2 ring slots
4. Powerstancing and weapon arts
5. An infusion system to get rid of colored titanite
6. Remove embers or make certain embers easier to get, it's dumb how the enchanted ember is available right out of the gate but the large magic ember is locked until late game.
7. DS3's bleed/luck system
8. Make Pyromancy scale with int/faith so you can't just cheese the entire game at level 1.
9. More variety for casters in terms of weapons, spells, catalysts, and rings
10. Make casters actually viable for once
11. Fix the netcode so PvP isn't just lagstab fishing as usual.

From what I've heard, its a straight port which is rather disappointing. One of the best things about Dark Souls 2 and 3 was the ability to warp between bonfires, which I would've liked included here, among a few of the things you mentioned. Ehhh.... I'll probably still going to pick it up anyways for the Switch, as I really do love this series and would like to see how it plays portable. Plus I've never played The Aritorias DLC, which I know is included. https://www.destructoid.com/-update-dark-souls-remastered-will-not-be-using-new-assets-482196.phtml

I haven't played Dark Souls myself but I have seen my cousin play. The game is notoriously hard and in terms of dungeon crawlers and action games, it may be the hardest out there.

Shit like this isn't even an exaggeration. There is no mercy in Dark Souls.

More to come!

6 hours ago, Cwanky said:

I haven't played Dark Souls myself but I have seen my cousin play. The game is notoriously hard and in terms of dungeon crawlers and action games, it may be the hardest out there.

Shit like this isn't even an exaggeration. There is no mercy in Dark Souls

It really needs to be said that the difficulty of Dark Souls has been overblown because Bandai-Namco likes to use it as a marketing tool. Difficulty isn't the point of Dark Souls and Miyazaki himself has gone on record to say that. It's supposed to be a fair and rewarding experience and in the long run it isn't exactly a hard game. In fact a lot of much harder games have come out last year like NieR: Automata and even the new LoZ game.

• Brohoof 3